Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th January 2012, 15:35   #76
BHPian

Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
There been talk of Renault hoping Duster to click 50,000 units per year mark. How they manage to do that is something we can only speculate about now.
If VW can sale more than 75K cars in a year than why Ranault can not sale 50K units? Atleast Renault are known for reliable engines and good A.S.S. (As far as I know and believe). The 1.5 DCI motor itself is good example of relaible engine in our country which is found in Logan and Micra. We can find success stories of this engine on TeamBHP too.

VW has great marketing people in their group but they get down in service department. I guess Renault are better in service department, so if they can manage to implement better marketing strategy along with logical pricing of their vehicles, then no one can stop them to be most anticipated European auto manufacture in India, as we prefer VFM products which are backed with better and reliable after sales services.
Old 24th January 2012, 16:39   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
If VW can sale more than 75K cars in a year than why Ranault can not sale 50K units? Atleast Renault are known for reliable engines and good A.S.S. (As far as I know and believe). The 1.5 DCI motor itself is good example of relaible engine in our country which is found in Logan and Micra. We can find success stories of this engine on TeamBHP too.

VW has great marketing people in their group but they get down in service department. I guess Renault are better in service department, so if they can manage to implement better marketing strategy along with logical pricing of their vehicles, then no one can stop them to be most anticipated European auto manufacture in India, as we prefer VFM products which are backed with better and reliable after sales services.
Yes if we look at numbers of XUV's /Scorpio's/ Safaris sold every month we can agree that Duster as a product may have the merit to sell 50 K units per year. However I dont think that can be possible with the current dealer network of Renault. The sucess or failure Duster largely rests on two factors I feel; how Renault prices it and how much service centres they are able to open up in this time. As I mentioned before they just have two centres for whole of Karnataka.
Also, though as mentioned Renault engines are considered reliable and service costs cheaper they dont have the brand value of say VW in India.
Old 24th January 2012, 17:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Targetting 50K per annum without proper sales and service network? They need to do this first and next cruicial factor is the price.
Old 24th January 2012, 18:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

They need to build up a dealer network really fast if they don't want to be another Fiat who have excellent products but no service network to call their own
Old 24th January 2012, 21:33   #80
BHPian

Please find the link to one of the Dacia forums which shows the off road skills of the Duster. Not sure if this has been posted before

Dacia Duster Hard off road

Can be translated to english using google translate
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 21:34   #81
BHPian

As per their site Renault has 49 outlet in India, I believe if they can add another 50-75 by this year end then they are Good enough to sell their car.
But obviously the price tag matters.
And about VW I dont think that they are very Good, I had been twice to their Showroom, the service was pathetic and stayed away from these Company
Old 24th January 2012, 23:18   #82
BHPian

This is an unbelievable video from the link provide by raj84. Now imagine a large SUV in these kind of situations! Can a Scorpio, Safari or Endeavour do this so easily. That's why a SUV means a short but capable vehicle for me. There is no real sense of the Duster if its not launched in 4X4.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 24th January 2012 at 23:23.
tbppjpr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 23:34   #83
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th January 2012 at 17:20.
Relativity is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th January 2012, 10:14   #84
BHPian

Quote:
This is an unbelievable video from the link provide by raj84. Now imagine a large SUV in these kind of situations! Can a Scorpio, Safari or Endeavour do this so easily. That's why a SUV means a short but capable vehicle for me. There is no real sense of the Duster if its not launched in 4X4.
That is it then. I am buying Duster when it gets launched. Of course the pricing test for Renault remains.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:43   #85
BHPian

More unbelievable videos showing Duster's off road prowess on slush, river etc(link courtesy : DACIA KULÜBÜ Türkiye'nin Tek Dacia Payla )

raj84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 13:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
That is it then. I am buying Duster when it gets launched. Of course the pricing test for Renault remains.
I have browsed through the Renault & other websites world wide where Duster is available, the reviews are amazing the videos are terrific and If I go by the dealers word 8-11 lacs Ex Showroom is a price to kill for.

Now the only thing between me and this vehicle is the availability of a good dealer and service network.
Old 28th January 2012, 21:45   #87
BHPian

Does it have powered door mirrors? If yes then sign me up!
It looks nice, if a bit short (height wise). Looks a bit like the Pajero from the front.
Since we are all speculating regarding the price let me throw in my 2 cents; somewhere in the region of 10 lakhs ex showroom. This is based on renaults pricing strategy and the fact that dreams of cheaply priced good products often come to nought - remember what was said for a long time in various media stories about the Jetta prior to its launch ? 8 lakhs!
Old 29th January 2012, 02:26   #88
BHPian

Its supposed to be launched by Diwali but thats so long from now, any idea if it will be launched in the next 2 months?
Old 29th January 2012, 11:00   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Its supposed to be launched by Diwali but thats so long from now, any idea if it will be launched in the next 2 months?
The Renault India website mentions that Duster is coming in June. At least Booking might start by then,hopefully.
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 18:44   #90
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Why should one buy a 4WD (4X4 system)/ AWD as against a 4x2?

I just bought all the latest issues of the good car mags - OD, TG, AutoCar etc.
They have some slightly contrary info on the Duster. One claims that it is possible that the 4WD version is coming and the others claim very clearly that for India there will be only the 2WD FWD version as of now.
I have a feeling, the price sensitivity issue will be played up and Renault may succumb to launching the 2WD FWD only.

Slightly OT, but forgive me:
The sad thing for them and this slightly late launch, is that by the time they actually launch, this great brainwave that Jairam Ramesh and Jaipal Reddy have mooted about the extra 80K tax on Diesel vehicles, will kick in.
I guess it is going to be difficult for anyone thinking about a Diesel vehicle now and the saddest fact is that all this is being done under the guise of "environment"- at least in part.
If all these politicos were so concerned about the environment, then why dont they open their eyes and see whats happening in Bihar and W. Bengal (Sunderbans) and in the Bellary belt in Karnataka! Why dont they also read the statistics about private vehicle usage (Diesel).
Why not ensure the retiral of all lorries and trucks which are more than 15 years old and send them off to the great scrap heap in the sky?
And last but not least, why not impose a non negotiable rule about having all Buses, Indica taxis, Sumo cabs and other such public transport run only on CNG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Rightly said, but initial information coming from the dealers is that the initial offering will be FWD with 5 trims.
I am almost settled on this vehicle given the niggles on the XUV, however after sales service and dealer network is too thinly spread out for my comfort and as of now Navi Mumbai where I reside dosen't have any outlet. The nearest one is almost 60 Km away in Andheri.
Closed Thread