Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 6th February 2012, 14:28   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Thanks for the excellent pics AGwagon!!!

These are the clearest pictures yet and we see the interiors as well. It's looking good but did anyone notice those black plastic addons in the fornt bumper.

What a scoop!!!
Thank you all, unfortunately I am still not clear on how to add comments in-between pictures so, purely stating what I was told by the Service Engineer at the workshop (I haven't checked anything, he may be right/ wrong):

Inside:
  1. the steering has changed now, it is apparently the Scorpio one
  2. the MID housing, looked good with darker beige shade, much like an Innova
  3. the wood surrounds were the same quality like my XUV
  4. the door handles, are now proper circles and much more sturdier than the previous semi circle ones (i guess M&M is listening after all)
Outside:
  1. the front: - lights, bumper, hood, grill (the white strip is protective covering for the Chrome): the complete look resembles Genio
  2. the roof rails are much more subdued, or so it felt
  3. Side: the B, C and D pillars have all been black taped, and just below these if you look closely you may see a difference in the paint quality, this was again due to another transparent sticker running the entire side, not sure what it was
  4. Rear: the spoiler seemed to be more protruding almost to the point that whenever the brake LED lights, it reflects the top face, making it look wierd.

I remember seeing Dieseleing pics and thinking this looks very nice, and so did everyone else. But my initial impression on just the first glance of the facelift in flesh, was not so appealing (it may be to do with the colour)

Anyways, all in all I believe it is a valiant effort from M&M, it definitely does give the old Xylo a fresh new face.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 15:22   #92
BHPian

Default Re: Facelifted Xylo launch on 07 Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Correction:

As of now, whatever updates I am getting via twitter confirms launch on 08 Feb 2012. So please expect the launch in 2 days time. Will keep updating as & when I get updates.
Mahindra Xylo website also confirms this - 2 days to go - Mahindra Xylo
Old 6th February 2012, 17:13   #93
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on P

Do I see airbags in E8? Its good if they have made it a standard feature across the variant(s)!
Old 6th February 2012, 17:40   #94
BHPian

I ve had the Xylo E6 white, with roof rails, for little over a year now. Clocked 21+k Kms.
We picked it up because it had the virtues of space and power not the mention the rough road package that the innova can't hold a candle to. I did not find the old design ugly just unconventional and really aggressive to a point where i get way on the highway with a flash of the headlights. Done Mumbai Chennai NH4 1400 kms non stop 21 hrs with my 2 dogs. Averaged at 14 km/ ltr. Yes, its not to be driven like a sedan but with a little more care on the curves, master it and she can maintain 120 all day long without an issue.

The new face lifted xylo only looks better IMHO, closer to the genio and hints of the storme as said by many bcos of the bonnet lip. I like the improvements done overall, except the steering, looks too lumpy. The make over was much needed as its looks did not go down too well with the public, not to mention some horrible colors that they launched the car with, green and purple..yuck.

I initially had my mind on the scorpio Sle, but then again, space. I test drove both the cars umpteen number of times , took 3 months to make up our minds. The xylo drives better than the scorpio is what i felt. Somehow the scorpio still has that odd jig it does on bad roads and a lot of road irregularities filter in. Im gonna get bashed for this....

Just on cost, The xylo seemed a better buy than anything else and has definitely proved itself to be. It has its issues. The innova is the ultimate mile muncher but is short on back seat space and just not great for bad roads and is quite highly priced now. Mahindra's service has been improving and they have been quite receptive to feedback. This model will surely push the sales up a bit, may not be into innova territory but definitely will help. The XUV effect will also definitely rub off on all its products henceforth for sometime. Mahindra is truly rising...
Old 6th February 2012, 19:10   #95
Senior - BHPian

Undoubtedly better looking than the earlier version! If only they could do something about its ungainly rear end as well and upsize the tyres too.
However, if the E9 is priced around the 11 mark it is fiddling about in the Innova space and whatever said and done the Innova has the edge in terms of overall finesse.
Old 6th February 2012, 19:17   #96
BHPian

IN 4th pic from top, i am seeing Disk brakes on rear wheels . So do that means that new Xylo is coming with All round disk brakes. Welcome step IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6-img00107201202051335.jpg  

Old 6th February 2012, 20:32   #97
BHPian

Stumbled upon this. BSMotoring has quoted T-BHP with credits and link to the photos.
PearlYamaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 21:30   #98
BHPian

The new look is much better than the existing one but I believe externally a lot of things are in the same dimension as earlier. For e.g.
1. The bumper is identical to the outgoing version. Only the black cladding at the bottom is a new addition.
2. The lights are the same size wise but the pattern has changed.
3. Real changes are to the bonnet and the grill which I feel has changed the look and made it much better.

Looks like the changes look good on a ligher shade vehicle compared to a darker one.

Last edited by f1fan : 6th February 2012 at 21:45.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:23   #99
BHPian

Just got a mail from Mahindra.
Xylo is coming on 8th Feb 2012.
Please Check the below image
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop!! Facelifted Xylo E9 at dealer yard *UPDATE* Fresh pics with interiors on Pg.6-new_xylo_1.jpg  

Last edited by KALINGA : 6th February 2012 at 22:30.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:37   #100
Senior - BHPian

New Xylo resemble little bit with new Safari Storme in bonnet and headlight design. Please look clearly protruding design of bonnet into headllight space.

Sure, this design look much better than earlier Xylo.

Are we expecting similar design of bonnet in all variants of Xylo (E4, E6, E8)?

Interiors looks same as of Old Xylo not much of difference.

Last edited by anujmishra : 6th February 2012 at 22:44.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:51   #101
BHPian

saw the car parked in my building complex today!! wonder what it was doing here. it was still covered, but could make out the shape thanks to the photos already on t-bhp

What i was thinking is that mahindra might be planning to show the car at some residential areas? i am at a loss at explaining a yet to be launched car in the parking lot.
Old 6th February 2012, 23:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Guys, just visited the M&M workshop yesterday, and saw a brand new facelift E8 Xylo, with obvious design cues from Genio.
Fantastic Scoop AGwagon.

For me, the first impressions are positive. The changes to the bonnet, grille do help to give it a more matured look. Although those headlights are an eyesore from day one. But I like the profiling where the upper edge of the headlights merges with the crease on the front of the bonnet. Seems Mahindra is taking its design quite seriously these days. But again those black front bumper guards are a tad size too large. Also, noticed a black cladding across the side of the rear bumper.

On the inside, I liked the plastic cladding flowing across the length of the dashboard, in the process integrating the MID unit. Earlier the MID unit used to look a bolt-on unit IMO.
Old 7th February 2012, 08:30   #103
BHPian

With this update, and already owning a xylo e8, i must say that this a really welcome move by mahindra where they have tried their level best to provide their potential vehicle the fuel it was wanting, to succeed.

In my total experience of approx 37k kilometers, i must say that mahindra xylo has always left me with a smile.!

The capabilities of this car have always been undermined due to the looks as well as the company cab image!

Somewhere in these posts i read that they are also offering the mhawk engine.! Is that really true? Can someone confirm.

One thing which i would really like mahindra to do in this facelift is tuning the suspension to a bit more harder setup. Cause it does get bouncy if u dont have the muv kind of pax available. Which has been experinced by my dad when he travels daily to the office with his driver.

Rest apart, evryone has been left impressed with the kind of space, utility, power, stance and ease of usability with low maintainance a car can offer at this price range.!
Old 7th February 2012, 12:49   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
IN 4th pic from top, i am seeing Disk brakes on rear wheels . So do that means that new Xylo is coming with All round disk brakes. Welcome step IMO.
Sushil, nice catch although if you would see the 3rd last pic of the rear alloy that I had posted, it doesn't seems like there is a disc brake. I guess we will have to wait till tomorrow/launch to see where it is.
Old 7th February 2012, 13:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlYamaha View Post
Stumbled upon this. BSMotoring has quoted T-BHP with credits and link to the photos.
Not only BSM, but I have now seen it on multiple blogs, good thing the Mods watermarked the pics ASAP. When i took these pics, I thought to share the same on T-BHP, never thought these will become the prime Scoop for all auto blogs and websites.

Great feeling to add another successful scoop to T-BHP.
AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread