Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st March 2012, 12:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Suggestions to the Indian Govt - On alternative fuel vehicles

CNG/LPG and other fossil fuels are only near term solutions, i was looking at this thread as a place for suggesting more long term solutions and that would mean its got to be cleaner and assuming we would run out of fossil fuels in next 20-40 years.

Although i agree Hydrogen fuel cell powered cars are technologically not feasible now, but they could be in next 5-10 years, and the best part is they only leave water as pollution (if you even call that a pollution)
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2012, 19:47   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Suggestions to the Indian Govt - On alternative fuel vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
CNG/LPG and other fossil fuels are only near term solutions, i was looking at this thread as a place for suggesting more long feasible now, but they could be in next 5-10 years, and the best part is they only leave water as pollution (if you even call that a pollution)
Yes it is a desirable solution.

[]Hydrogen fuel cells as a technology is a workable solution.

[]The constraint is the Hydrogen delivery infrastructure and the storage of hydrogen on a vehicle. Please see this link .The one solution that seems feasible to me is storage of H2 in chemical form to to be released via a reverse reaction. But then what do I know, I am just a munim .
RS_DEL is offline   Reply With Quote