Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th May 2013, 10:47   #76
Default Compromises on car safety by manufacturers for third world nations

Read the following article in economic times today. Sounds way too familiar with the indian auto story.

Shows how the vehicle's internal rigidity is compromised to maximize profit. So swifts and i20s which boast of 5 start EURO NCAP rating, how much will they score if crash tested with India made models? Even if we provide them with 6 airbags and ESP will they score a 5* rating with compromises on structural integrity? This is one of the top reasons i am looking for a CBU car as my next one. When will our lives be treated as equal as an European or American?

Mods, please merge if a similar thread exists.
pedalpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2016, 13:02   #77
Default Re: Crash Safety - Are Figo, Eon, Etios, Liva & Brio Safe Enough?

Toyota Etios score 4 Stars in Global NCAP test

Source - Auto Car India

In late 2015, the carmaker had decided to equip all of its Etios models with two airbags and two pretensioners and asked Global NCAP to test the car and provide a star rating for its crashworthiness.

The recent test of the Toyota Etios reveals a good level of adult occupant protection for the frontal passenger, achieving a rating of four stars and two stars in child occupant protection.
pacman2881 is offline   Reply With Quote