Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th March 2006, 17:31   #16
BHPian

Ya, i believe the ad is the brain child of Prasoon Joshi (the guy behind the "thanda matlab coca cola" concept), he is the head of McCan Erickson in India.
Truly its a bad ad, just cashing in on star value without highlighting much or rather anything about the car!
Everyone's coming out with disastrous "catch" lines! Go Fida? Even weirder was a scooterette with the phrase "Aaho!" I guess its cool to go retro-desi and hip at the same time!
Surely as white knight says "if the car aint good even Shahrukh cant save it"
AB (senior and junior) together couldnt save Versa!!!
Klaus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2006, 17:49   #17
BANNED

What really sucks is that now if the Aveo does well, the ad makers will think it's because of their own brilliance and go on making ads like that!
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2006, 18:17   #18
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I dont think they are trying to make the sale in a 10 second tv ad! All they are trying to do is make sure that the consumer knows that she has that choice too when she is in the market when the time comes to buy a car. Thats where the associative memory feature gets activated.
Just my two bits...
Agreed....
The main purpose of the ad was to get noticed!... that it did!.... you have a topic on team-bhp for that ad...
The ad is actually sad.... but I guess, any sane person can make that out.... so the producers know what they have made!
If they said 101bhp... 14kmpl... 180km/h... all that!... it still won't make any difference.......... then we'd be discussing here... the ad lies!... GM is fooling people. ... obviously you don't expect them to say 10km/l... do you?
An ad doesn't make you buy a car!... it just says ... hey I'm here!

(just my thoughts... an ad for me is nothing more)
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 06:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

The add is pure and simple stupid. It fails to invoke any curiosity in the car. On top, whats up with Saif, cant this dude even buy a blade and shave for an add campaign. He looks like crap in this adv
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 07:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
On top, whats up with Saif, cant this dude even buy a blade and shave for an add campaign. He looks like crap in this adv
You remind me of my dad. He keeps saying the same thing everyday about these "modern day heroes". He is so used to watching cleanly shaven Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, etc.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2006, 19:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yea, Aveo ad is BAD.

New Swift ad is a nice attempt at being different, if a bit flat as far as the 'story' is concerned. Though a little more action would have been nice.
islero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 15:23   #22

Default Aveo-Advertisement

Hey man, somehow don't seem to agree wit u on the ad thing .....
I think its pretty kool ...!!!
Infact, quite diff. from wat the other advertisers are doin in this category ....
Well ,if a 30 sec. ad could pack all of it then ,they'd rather be a feature film!!
Overall the has a GREAT stance and solid feel to it!
rahul.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 15:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
New Swift ad is a nice attempt at being different, if a bit flat as far as the 'story' is concerned. Though a little more action would have been nice.
Are you talking about the one that ends with the lady saying "...thats my car..."? IMHO, I did find it weird that they would have an ad with a Swift opening up & starting with any other Swift's keys...? What with so much stress on security & engine immobilisers et al......or have I missed something out on the ad?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 16:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Are you talking about the one that ends with the lady saying "...thats my car..."? IMHO, I did find it weird that they would have an ad with a Swift opening up & starting with any other Swift's keys...? What with so much stress on security & engine immobilisers et al......or have I missed something out on the ad?
ummm.. its a valet who brings the car around so the keys are already in the car.
and the ad ends with the lady saying "wanna play?"
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 17:39   #25
BHPian

I still cannot forget the first ad for the Getz.
Remember the "Dil Bole", "Getz you there" jingle??
That takes the cake for bad ads.
parijnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 17:50   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i tink the advert. agency has got wat they wanted....attention.we r spending so much time thinkin bout it,writin bout it and then trying to catch a glimpse of it again so that we can find more faults in it.i second the fact that it is the most stupid ad ever but maybe that s wat it was supposed to be.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 17:55   #27
BANNED

"Any publicity is good publicity" only works on certain brands and products hellspawn.

When it comes to aspirational products like C segment cars, a lot depends on how people percieve the brand, not just how much they percieve it.

For the same money spent on this high-budget piece of advertising trash, imagine what they could have done with a really good ad!
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2006, 17:56   #28
BHPian

Optra Advt was good, but this one (Aveo) Sucks big time.....
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 01:09   #29

Thumbs up

I think after Aveo launch GM will be the next automobile giant in India. What a fabulous car? I have never seen such a beautiful product before in India and at this price point it's amazing. I personally test-drove it and was amazed with this beast's performance.

AVEO ad is one of the best example in car advertising.The product really comes out well in the commercial and on top of that celebrities are doing a wonderful job. Now there is a bigger challenge for other automobile makers.

I don't agree that it's a bad ad. The basic idea of advertising is to inform and educate people about the product and lot of people noticed it. So I think it's a clutter breaking ad and the product has really come out well in the advertisement.

Last edited by Rtech : 30th March 2006 at 13:45.
carcrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 01:28   #30
BHPian

it was pointless!!! by the end of the ad i was like what the....!
v.tec is offline   Reply With Quote