Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th March 2006, 01:55   #31
BHPian

the car is really good no doubt..in most senses..price, performance etc. but the ad! its like weird..no sense at all...! theres no message which theyre trying to put forward..even if theyre putting a message forward, it just is'nt audible/visible!
v.tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 09:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

I noticed the one thing in the ad - how they swing in and out of traffic while the soundtrack goes power/performance - sends out absolute wrong signals on the way to drive with a performance car......they have to be more responsible while showing this. to top it saif is showing driving so there will be people who will copy the driving style.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 10:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
ummm.. its a valet who brings the car around so the keys are already in the car.
and the ad ends with the lady saying "wanna play?"
Ah, OK, missed that first part so.....explains it, thanks!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 12:24   #34

Remember the regressive advertising on Optra done by Enterprize - a dumb housewife all decked up waiting for her husband to bless her with his presence....and the dumber work on it later....killed the brand.

i think the AVEO ad is the 1st non-cliche car ad in this country and thus leaves many of us a little disturbed. I remember the innitial reactions on Thanda Matlab...very similar. But it went on to be a super hit. Most of the people who think it is a strange ad are so formatted in their thinking they find it hard to accept anything disruptive and new. Alok...for example. Wait for a month or so...you will be eating your words.

and if the car doesn't do well then i'm sure you will be the 1st to blame the ad. there is no winning with people like you. i have test driven the car after seeing the ad. the ad took me to the showroom and the car was awesome to drive. i've booked mine. but then i could afford to.

Last edited by Rtech : 30th March 2006 at 13:48. Reason: pls do not make separate posts when you can edit the first one.
carcrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 13:26   #35
BANNED

Is it just me, or has a new crop of newbies sprung up out of nowhere just to praise the Aveo ad?

Sure you guys are not from the agency that released this lemon? And are you sure you're not the same guy coming back under different nicknames because no one else here with more than 10 posts seems to like the ad?
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 13:29   #36
Team-BHP Support

All the guys praising the ad are newbies who suddenly came!
There is one way for the mods to find out. Most of they people maybe posting from their offices. So if all the posts carry the same IP address, it confirms the suspicion
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 13:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
All the guys praising the ad are newbies who suddenly came!
There is one way for the mods to find out. Most of they people maybe posting from their offices. So if all the posts carry the same IP address, it confirms the suspicion
I say, why bother? Whoever sees the advt. will make his/her own opinion. So why bother at all?
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 13:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an Aveo buyer, just created 3 IDs to praise the AVEO ad.

To me the Ad irritates like anything, so much so, that I change the channel immediately. To me now the Aveo means - Yuck...
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 14:37   #39
BHPian

i dint feel anything bad about that ad, ppl..That car wll be a hot cake in the segment..i've never ridden it, but the interior seems to be very good..After all we are not supposed to buy a car seeing its ad..The ad just says i'm in and u can test drive it and check it out... Thats my opinion fellas..
kphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2006, 20:08   #40
BHPian

Default Guess WHO took notice of this thread!!!

HAHA.... looks like the folks at GM had a look at our thread! Their latest ad of the Aveo, I have noticed, incorporated 2 ideas that were upmost on most of our minds!

Firstly, their new ad now shows the car from different angles... both inside and outside. And secondly, they have supers at the bottom that shows the PS of the car and the new type of engine installed in it!!!

And even the actor's dialogues, though very similar to the previous ad, sound more intune to the car now, than their previous random mindless banter.

If what I have suspected (about the company going through this thread like an eagle's eye) is true, looks like we are really doing a good job here at TEAM-BHP! For people to sit up, take notice and incorporate meaningful suggestions from a reliable source like our forum!

P.S. Mabe this might also answer the many doubts fellow members had about new members suddenly cropping up and praising the ad!

Godspeed.

Alok.
ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 20:21   #41
LLL
BHPian

its good to see that someone in GM noticed that the Ad was bad. This should have been done before the launch of the ad though.

I think they should launch a series of ads showing interiors/exteriors/performance as well as various variants of the car. They can show a race with other similar cars (fiesta, ikon, city, accent) with their logos covered and show the Aveo won...would be nice if its a genuine race...
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2006, 20:30   #42
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL
...would be nice if its a genuine race...
LOL... genuine race, Aveo might just lose! provided they race a Baleno along.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 14:20   #43
BHPian

i think that the ad does not advertises the car . it rather advertises saif and rani . there is no mention about the car and its features and it will not attract the customers
garvit2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 17:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy2
i think the AVEO ad is the 1st non-cliche car ad in this country and thus leaves many of us a little disturbed. I remember the innitial reactions on Thanda Matlab...very similar. But it went on to be a super hit. Most of the people who think it is a strange ad are so formatted in their thinking they find it hard to accept anything disruptive and new. Alok...for example. Wait for a month or so...you will be eating your words..
Boss, why do I have an inkling that you may be a part of the creative team that was involved in the making of the ad? Or closely related to someone involved in its making?
Personally, I liked the whole 'Thanda...' campaign, found it very innovative. Which was sadly not the case with the 'thodu-fodu', 'mind-blasting' and 'super-rocking' Aveo's initial ad.
And PLEASE, the ad is NOT strange, NOT new, and don't know what in heavens name you mean by it being disruptive! I have seen many similar tackily made ad's before. Kindly do us a favour and first try comparing this ad to the other exemplary car ad's made. Then ask yourself truthfully where does this ad stand?
And what's gonna happen in a month's time? Listen carcrazy2, in this thread, we are discussing the ad made, NOT the car, and what is making our blood boil is NOT the quality of the car (which most of us praise), but the quality of the ad that doesn't do any justice to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy2
and if the car doesn't do well then i'm sure you will be the 1st to blame the ad. there is no winning with people like you. i have test driven the car after seeing the ad. the ad took me to the showroom and the car was awesome to drive. i've booked mine. but then i could afford to.
On this forum, we do not base the success of a car on how its ad performs; that holds the least amount of importance for us. But rather we base its success on how the car performs on various counts.

If only India had more people like you, for then only would even the lousiest car's sell like hotcakes; that is if their ad's used the latest celeb mumbling lines that sounds extremely moronic.

I can just imagine what went through your mind when you saw the ad -
"Gee Wizz!! That ad sure was mind-blasting and thodu-fodu with Saif himself driving the car. Now I will believe all the bull he and his partner in crime have just loaded me up with, go and take a test drive like they did, and book one for myself. Then mabe I will also be percieved to be as important as they are!"

Dude, what you REALLY need is to dial this toll free number given below:
1-600-GET-A-LIFE.
Or simply log on to: www.getalife.com

P.S. Mind telling us WHAT EXACTLY did you find attractive (other than Rani) about the ad (when the car was hardly shown). And please don't be ambiguous by using sentences like "it's a clutter breaking ad" or "is the 1st non-cliche car ad in this country and thus leaves many of us a little disturbed".

Godspeed.

Alok.
ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 19:47   #45
BANNED

Wow...ghostrider, I hope the mods don't edit your post!
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote