Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th October 2014, 23:40   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Believe in rebirth? Which old car would you bring back on sale & why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
They should just bring back the Tata Sierra - thoroughly updated with a nice refined 2 litre or 2.2 litre turbo-diesel engine developing a nice warm and healthy 170 BHP
I totally agree. Will they call the upcoming small SUV as Tata Sierra and the new Large SUV as Tata Estate? These were the vehicles brought TM to the passenger vehicles segment.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 11:12   #227
BHPian

Default re: Believe in rebirth? Which old car would you bring back on sale & why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I would not bring any Old car on earth even if I get power to bring any of them back. Cause I am no fancy of old technology and I only like newer versions of car.

My firm belief is whatever is the reason those are obsolute and past. Lets move forward and see the newer things than thinking about past.
Being a humbug arent we? :P

This is just a fantasy thread and even if some of the old cars make a reentry in the market we would imagine them to be in tune with the current state of automotive technology.
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 13:33   #228
BHPian

I'd like to see the Contessa make an re-entry.
I like sedans with vintage looks. The Contessa would be the only one that fits my budget. I'd improve the rear of the car but apart from that, it looked fantastic.

It's purely about the looks though, obviously the technology has to be upto date.

The 90's mercs had the looks I liked.

Now, I can't afford a new merc with these looks but I may be able to afford the contessa

I'd improve the rear, it's too triangular and weird.
And how terrible would alloy wheels look on these cars!

Last edited by dozer : 20th October 2014 at 13:36.
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 13:44   #229
BHPian

I would want the Rover SD1 AKA Standard 2000 to be re-launched with a better diesel engine. Just loved the car, the first car to be launched in India with power windows and power steering with a modern design. It kinda had a timeless design and would not look out of place now. IIRC it costed just over 2 lacs which was a huge sum back then and dad chose to buy the Omni @ 80K, also the 'Kitna Deti Hai' answer was also against it.

Name:  Standard2000.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  54.4 KB
Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1656
Size:  10.3 KB

Pic courtesy: Wikipedia
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 14:23   #230
BHPian

Happy to see many people asking for Sierra. I used to be a die-hard fan of Sierra in college days and used to collect all possible Sierras pictures from Orkut/other medias. I even used to apply various shades via paint and used to plan which color my Sierra should have. I was very confident that once I get into job, I will save money and get a used Sierra. But then the interiors became too old and I felt I need more refinement and hence ditched the plan of buying a used one.

I really really wish Tata to bring back the Sierra. Even in 2015, I feel the looks are unparalleled by the current generation cars.
petrol_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 14:38   #231
BHPian

I would really like to buy a contessa if it ever gets on sale again. It must have a design upgrade and may be having a 4 door challenger looks. A good diesel engine would be nice with a new dash.
Another car i would like is a tata sierra. There is no practical hard top 3 door suv in India as of now. Thar is too agricultural, the gurkha is really horrible and the gypsy is petrol only spartain soft top. Sierra with a slight design upgrade with the 2.2 varicor under the hood mated with a 6 A/T and 4wd would be a gem.
AB@TVMBHP is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 18:53   #232
BHPian

A Zen (initial one) and a Sierra are my picks to be brought back from the dead!
turbospooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 19:16   #233
BHPian

The Rover Mini, the same what Mr. Beans had.
Speed Pujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 20:43   #234
Senior - BHPian

I too would like to see an improved contessa, or for that matter something with similar looks but modern tech below the hood.

IMO multi spoke alloys (ones with 15/20 spokes) suit cars of this nature.

90s Mercs are so Russian mafia !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
I'd like to see the Contessa make an re-entry.
I like sedans with vintage looks. The Contessa would be the only one that fits my budget. I'd improve the rear of the car but apart from that, it looked fantastic.

It's purely about the looks though, obviously the technology has to be upto date.

The 90's mercs had the looks I liked.

Now, I can't afford a new merc with these looks but I may be able to afford the contessa

I'd improve the rear, it's too triangular and weird.
And how terrible would alloy wheels look on these cars!
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 20:59   #235
BHPian

Maruti Esteem with a 1.3 DDiS in 90 bhp tune. Is it too much to ask for a 1.6 DDiS 😁 ??

I would pick one up right now if the above becomes true. Loved that car to the core.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 15:27   #236
BHPian

I would love for Honda to give the Prelude another chance. Owned a 5th gen for about 3 years and I am still in love (and miss) with the car.

History

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Prelude

The fun would be to get a 4WS model.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 16:32   #237
BHPian

Though I started driving a car very late in my life (since 2005), i always used to admire the 'initial' version of Zen since my childhood. Somehow, that car looked a 'perfect' hatch for me.
kavensri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 17:11   #238
BHPian

The Toyota Qualis!

What a car that was! One of those few cars having soul. You drive, you communicate, you instruct and she was there always. You cant trust yourself but surely can rely on her.

A well engineered and practical product with a soul.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 19:06   #239
BHPian

Tata Sierra.. we never had a more SUV .. SUV in India
saurabh sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2015, 23:30   #240
BHPian

The Mk 1 Skoda Octavia vRS for me, definitely. It was amazing to drive and looked awesome too.
amitg79 is online now   Reply With Quote