Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 20th March 2012, 12:52   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Believe in re-birth? Which old car would you bring back?

Opel Corsa - Best comfort / stability of all I have driven so far.
manavdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 19:38   #92
Senior - BHPian

i want the accent viva crdi back with a four cylinder crdi vgt engine this time.

please relaunch this car with the same steering unit, [love it for the precision] or a better one and not the loose one on the current hyundai cars, same or better suspension setup and definitely better braking.

this car had the size to its advantage, and in that price bracket a really good balance between acceleration, handling[suspension and steering wise] and braking (cant call it perfect, but it almost is, given the segment and price)
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 15:31   #93
BHPian

Default Re: Poll: Anyone believes in re-birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
+1 to that. Esteem coming back in a contemporary avatar would be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprico4 View Post
if they re-introduce the Esteem with a K series and a Multijet, i am sure it will do very well.
I have a Maruti Esteem Di 2004 and it's still able to take to the streets with no problems. With a different engine and gearbox, it should be able to take to the highways too (earlier, 80km/hr was the norm on the highways whereas now its 120km/hr).
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 15:43   #94
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The Ford Mondeo. Its such a beautiful machine. I love the looks, interiors and I am absolutely smitten with the dynamics. A close friend owns a Mondeo Petrol and I have driven it at speeds close to 200 kph and boy it handles like a dream. Voted for the Mondeo. I just love it.

I have not driven the W124 but would love to see it selling yet again, though the car must be in the stock form. Love the looks.
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 16:22   #95
BHPian

Default Re: Poll: Anyone believes in re-birth?

This isn't the old zen picture. In fact this redesign completely killed it. If Maruti relaunches the zen, maybe with a slightly spread out rear (like the VW scirocco), count me in as a buyer. The engine was a beauty too.

# Maruti Zen (Old) - As many believe, I agree was probably the best thing ever designed by the Worst Designers in Automobile Industry.

Attachment 902122

I just wish that if not any, atleast these 3 cars get what they lacked but deserved - RE-LAUNCH !! [/quote]
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 16:50   #96
Senior - BHPian

1. Original Dolphin Station Wagon type with fibreglass body. Modified with a nice Suzuki or similar engine in it - 999 cc Maruti ZEN MPFi engine preferably.
Fatter, bigger radial tyres/ alloy wheels, ABS, Airbags etc.
2. Old Shape Skoda Laura L&K with all the goodies
3. Old Shape Skoda Superb with all the goodies
4. Old Triumph/ Standard Herald - open top convertible type - again a nice MPFI engine, fatter and bigger radial tyres/ alloy wheels and some decent-ish safety kit in it.
5. Old Fiat 1100/ Premier Padmini in hatch form - With floor shift gears, bucket seats, a nice powerful Fiat 1.6 Petrol or regular 90BHP MJD or other similar engine in it plus fatter radial tyres, bigger alloy wheels etc.

No harm in dreaming eh?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 22:32   #97
BHPian

I always felt that the previous gen Honda Accord still had a lot of life left in it when it was replaced with the current generation. I loved the crisp clean lines and wedge shape on it and feel it still looks contemporary. So, if there is a car I would like to be brought back it is the previous gen Accord.
Sanjunair5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 01:53   #98
BHPian

Ford Mondeo, i still remember dreaming of it when i was searching for a used car , couldn't find it though. There was something i loved about this car, the looks to the grunt of the machine. I think it failed because it was ahead of its time and people were not ready to shell out something like that on a Ford. It deserves a rebirth.
petroheadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 02:03   #99
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Tata Estate, Cielo and the Ford Mondeo.

The Mondeo of course is a superb vehicle and it was ahead of it's time in India and needs to and will am sure come back in the future in an updated form.

Have lived the Cielo and it was a superb vehicle for it's time. It actually is quite sporty and in AT form was a lot of fun. Had eyed Cielo's as the car to have during my Engineering College days and sure enough got the chance to pick one up as my first car - that I paid for.

The Estate was the other car with a shape that I loved. Yes it was a mess as a package but it did have a timeless shape. If refreshed and updated it would be a nice car to have even today.

Mondeo is the only real possibility though.
ACM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 06:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

I liked that car - it had nice rounded lines instead of all these silly angular things that they are making nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjunair5 View Post
I always felt that the previous gen Honda Accord still had a lot of life left in it when it was replaced with the current generation. I loved the crisp clean lines and wedge shape on it and feel it still looks contemporary. So, if there is a car I would like to be brought back it is the previous gen Accord.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:18   #101
BHPian

The Sierra surely needs to be resurrected. of course we need it with all the bells and whistles that come in a modern car these days. Tata need to reconsider a remodelled Sierra that maintains the old one's DNA with regards to styling. Surely it was a looker.
chittybang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 11:46   #102
BHPian

Has anyone mentioned the Standard 2000?
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 23:25   #103
BHPian

Default Which yesteryear legend would you like to see revived by today's manufacturers?

Today, our group, consisting of motorheads and non petrolheads were sitting in a coffee shop discussing about various topics. The discussion gradually cascaded towards the topic which summarized as below:

"yaar, aaj kal ki gaadiyon me woh baat nahi" (today's automobiles don't possess the same charm").

That got me thinking that yesteryear legends had something about them, a distinct "identity", a distinct "character" which somehow lacks in today's sophesticated and technologically advanced automobiles. I also thought what if...WHAT IF today's manufacturers did decide to revive those legends combined with today's technology and get them back into the market...interesting innit?

So my question to all you passionate motorheads is:

"Which yesteryear legend would you like to see revived by today's manufacturers and what present day features would you like to see in the respective models"?

I, for one, would like to see Tata Sierra in a all new new avatar back on road packed with Aria's features .

Though not practical, it'll be interesting to know what other fellow Bhpians feel. So, lets hear it guys!

P.S - Mods, I tried to search if another thread on a similar topic exists, but could find none. Please feel free to merge if otherwise.
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 23:32   #104
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Which yesteryear legend would you like to see revived by today's manufacturers?

I would like to see HM Contessa with a modern diesel unit power steering and window or better still a twin turbo V8
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 23:33   #105

JONGA.....The Nissan Patrol in India is an iconic jeep that surely needs a revival. JONGA with a Thar / Scorpio engine would be something!
Mohan P Rao is online now   Reply With Quote