Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th September 2012, 10:58   #121
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Which yesteryear legend would you like to see revived by today's manufacturers?

I will sell many of my body parts to see this list back in production:

1. Lancia Stratos
2. Lamborghini Countach
3. Ford GT40
4. Ferrari F40
5. Ferrari 250 GTO
6. Porsche 959
7. McLaren F1
8. Acura NSX
9. Jaguar E-Type
10. Aston Martin DB5
theMAG is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 11:41   #122
BHPian

Default Re: Which yesteryear legend would you like to see revived by today's manufacturers?

I want a Dolphin :-)

And a Mahindra Commander with 4 doors (Jeep-looking MUV/SUV in which parents can climb into the backseat - is that so difficult?)

In bikes, Yezdi. I'll settle for other 2-stroke bikes too.

Don't know if Palio and Ikon are old enough gone to be called "yesteryear legends" but boy, I want them back.
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 12:31   #123
BHPian

Would definitely love to have the Sierra back in production,With better finish, technology and quality, it would surely be a hit and would surely fins a lot of buyers. I am definitely one of them
nettooran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 19:32   #124
BHPian

Great thread. Thanks for starting it.

In India I would like to see the revival of the following cars:

- Old Honda City 1.3 Exi with Airbags and ABS
- OHC Vtec with Airbags and ABS
- TATA Safari (current design) on Aria Platform with all bells and whistle

From International market:

- Acura Legend sedan with Type II engine
- BMW 330i and 530i before being bangled

-PK
pk_del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 20:27   #125
BHPian

Contessa should make a comeback. It is a sensible car for Indian roads- clearance,comfort,bootspace,etc...Not to mention its the only Indian low slung sedan with a RWD setup.It already had disc brakes, power steering,power windows,AC in the early 90's itself. So ABS, Airbags, LSD and a better chassis would make it to my wishlist along with a snazzy design like this

Pic courtesy -FB
Name:  222998_1727153037219_6732723_n.jpg
Views: 4766
Size:  30.7 KB
mukundmenon is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 21:49   #126
BHPian

I would love to see maruti bring back the zen carbon and steel. A more powerful engine would be the icing on the cake. It will be one super hot hatch.
The other cars I would like to see revived are the old honda city(1999 - 2003). It was an amazing car and had a gem of an engine. Nothing comes close to it. Ford should bring back the 67 mustang. That according to me is one of the best looking cars ever made.
prithvi53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 22:00   #127
BHPian

CONTESSA for me too please. with wider rubber twin exhuasts and a bad-a ss hood air-intake. and a lip spoiler ala Octavia RS with a 2.2 litre crdi mill and an optional 3lit diesel.

oh...

and spinners, definitely spinners..
harshaguduru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 22:08   #128
BHPian

Being introduced to cars on our Sierra (NA!) I cannot but say it was and continues to be one of the best lookers. We then had a Sierra Turbo 4x4 which at that time was an amazing vehicle. It gave us more than 50K kms of trouble free service (after being bought pre-worshipped with 72k kms on the clock).

Another car which I feel can still make heads turn in the Daewoo Cielo. It was an amazing looker. I also fondly remember the Jonga which my uncle used to own.
In bikes, I used to love the Rajdoot (Jaandar shaandar sawari) with the tear drop shaped tank.
torquecurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 08:41   #129
Senior - BHPian

If you call "Tata Sierra" a legend, yes, i would like to see a modern version of it on road. A small wheelbase version of Aria, at much cheaper price should work great. I love the curved side glass of Sierra! But I prefer 4 doors though! May be a Xover based on Vista also may work well.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 09:02   #130
Mik
BHPian

A few recent ones

Palio 1.6 GTX - I almost bought a ten year old sample but the rusting at various places stopped me. Would buy a new one without a second thought.

Daewoo Cielo: Its aggressive front end and clean lines were beautiful. Looked particularly hot in green.

Ferrari F40: The car which defined ferrari for me. The sticker in my copy and the poster on my wall (actual wall :P)

Vintage:
Have only seen it once in reality, but countless times in movies.
The Dodge Charger - 1969 (The one with the show/hide headlights - The height of gangsta cool)
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 10:22   #131
BHPian

I would vote for the Baleno. That engine simply is unsurpassable at that price point. It had great acceleration (surprised many a Merc or Skoda at the green lights), fabulous fuel efficiency, lent itself to quite a few mods. I don't mind the cosmetics at all. Just put in ABS/airbags/EBD and bring it back in production, please!
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 10:49   #132
BHPian

For me I would say -

1) MG B GT V8 Roadster!

2) Tata Sierra (a hot favourite already I see)

3) Alfa Romeo Spyder (Not the crap MX-5 they'r rebadging)

4) Ferrari 250 California!!!

5) BMW M3 CSL (original 70's one with racing colors, 3litre inline-6 and no electronics!!)

6) Mercedes 190 SL (I'm wetting my pants)

7) A latest one - Skoda Octavia 1.9D and RS!! Bring them back! The Laura (next gen ovtavia) does not do justice to that original car!
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 11:02   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

I will vote for the Mercedes Gullwing or the XK120/e-type.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 11:23   #134
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see the Citroen DS back in action. Not like the beetle fiasco, but AS it was.
In Indian cars, maybe the Tata Sierra with current build quality and engine standards.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 11:54   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I would love to see the Citroen DS back in action. Not like the beetle fiasco, but AS it was.
Citroen has actually revived the DS brand with the DS3 and DS4. But again, the DS is a funky reincarnation, or what they call as anti-retro
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote