Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 15th May 2013, 21:42   #16

This is good news indeed. The sooner they end the association with HM- the better for Mitsubishi. Would love to see the Colt on our roads.
jiji89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 00:19   #17
BHPian

Default Re: ET - Mitsubishi may drive in small car sans Hindustan Motors

I am waiting for this day eagerly! Mitsubishi has an excellent line up with products like Mirage, Lancer and the new Outlander. Currently, Mitsubishi is like a turtle but in this case its not going to win the race! I would say they should launch the Lancer in India first as it has a huge fan following thanks to its excellent design and performance but at the same time they should improve the after sales service and network as currently its very weak in India.
YashD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 00:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Indian public still fondly remembers the Lancer so they have to capitalize on this positive buzz.

The ex-Daweoo plant in NCR offers them a quick way to bring the Colt 1.1 to India
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 00:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Indian public still fondly remembers the Lancer so they have to capitalize on this positive buzz.

The ex-Daweoo plant in NCR offers them a quick way to bring the Colt 1.1 to India
There are a lot of people who are willing to buy the new Lancer just because of its design! I personally know a lot of Lancer lovers after all it was a indeed an excellent ride. Unfortunately, instead of the Pajero Sports I think Mitsubishi should have launched the new Lancer. Currently, they are just dealing with SUVs actually only Pajero! Outlander hardly sells thanks to no diesel on offer.
YashD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 17:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

As per an ACI report, Mitsubishi will bring its two compact cars – the Mirage hatchback and Attrage sedan & two SUVs, a total of 5 new vehicles, but, not before 2016.

More details here:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-372590.aspx/0

IMO this is a fantastic news, however, will surely be delayed for 2016 introduction of these vehicles in India. I feel the ground realities could be significantly different by then & hope they bring in the latest from their arsenal by then.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 17th February 2014 at 17:39.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 19:37   #21
BHPian

The report mentions that they are going to import the Mirage small car. Are they seriously considering that option? They should not bother trying if they plan to do that, it's not going to find any takers at the price it will come.

If they want to make a comeback into the Indian market then atleast they should make a decent effort by setting up production and assembly facilities for their cars
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 08:46   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't think Mitsubishi is going to ditch HM anytime soon. And as long as it continues, the Japanese brand got no chance. They simply need a new partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACI
In an interview with our sister publication, Autocar Professional, Mitsubishiís executive officer and corporate general manager Asia and ASEAN office Ken Horinouchi revealed that a company is working on a new model strategy that will see five new models go on sale in India by 2016. The cars will, at least initially, be imported from ASEAN markets, although assembly at the HMís Chennai facility is likely at a later stage.
I don't know how budget cars like Mirage or Attrage can work when they are imports. This is another halfhearted attempt!

Mitsubishi to launch five new models including two SUVs by 2016
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 10:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
First and formost, get in a CKD SUV in the 15L range. Its a big vaccum there, and a 15L pajero will rock the market.
Revive the midsize segment with a 7-8L Sunny competitor. Mitsubishi has brand value in India.

During all this, a small car plant can be set up, which can even start making small 5 seater SUV(8L), and it can even be an export hub.
Rightly said!. They still have the brand value in India, earned by the Lancer and the Pajero. If they bring the mirage, if it gives anything near to the acclaimed 30 kmpl, they'll sell it in huge volumes, even though the design is not as good as some of its competitors. But I think it looks better than the Micra, both exteriors and interiors. I remember the regular service cost for my Diesel Lancer was 2500 Rs and for the Pajero it was just a little more. They have to bring the cars at affordable price, and provide good service. I see a good market for Mirage here, especially if the CVT can give mileage anywhere in 20+ kmpl on our roads.
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 11:43   #24
BHPian

If I was at Mitsubishi I would decide whther they want to be in the market or not. Selling a handful of Pajero Sports can't be feasible.

Surprisingly they still have the brand value, but no decent products for volume. Come on Mitsubishi, you can easily get a 5% share if the right products are introduced and priced correctly.

And please dont just stop at making the plans, implement them as well.
kewlferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 11:54   #25
BHPian

Nobody knows what the market is going to be like in 2016 especially small cars. The way Hyundai and Maruti keeps adding features no one knows what features might be there in 2016.

Better Mistubishi don't come in with imports since no Indian is going to buy a hatch at C, D segment prices unless its a Merc.

What Mistsubishi does is understanding the market today and moving a couple of years later which doesn't make any sense at all!!
microaubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 19:34   #26
BHPian

I think its way too late for Mitsubishi to launch themselves into the hyper-competitive small car and small sedan segment. I do hope they launch some differentiated product, and then give it the support it deserves, and its customers the commitment they need. Maybe the Lancer Sportsback would be a good beginning or maybe even the MiEV. Both are untapped markets, and even smaller volumes would create a positive buzz.
Contrapunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 23:15   #27
BHPian

Wasn't the outlander was sold in India before. I remeber they were selling them in 2009 or 2010.Outlander is a good suv if sold at about 18- 20 lacs would be good value for money but the third row is only for kids.
It's not the Mitsubishi - HM tie up that make them to act slow, the management in the Mitsubishi head itself is not acting fast. They are lossing US mark and many predict that they may exist like Suzuki.
Sudan_NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 10:33   #28
Team-BHP Support

Mitsubishi plans to launch two new SUVs in 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 11:58   #29
BHPian

Does Mitsubishi have any SUV in its International portfolio which can compete with Dusters/Scorpio if manufactured locally?
Thilak29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 13:58   #30
BHPian

It's good to see Mitsubishi getting a little more serious with the Indian market. I for one am glad. As a previous owner of the Lancer, I have nothing but respect for their products. It was sad to see HM almost run Mitsubishi to the grave.
Hope they come back with a solid roadmap and launch their sedans down the line.
w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote