Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 30th August 2012, 10:13   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Going cheap, the Maruti way : Comparing the Maruti Alto versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
16. Rear door child lock removed! But coming to think of it, I have never used the rear-child-lock because I am not comfortable with leaving kids alone in the car.
I am changing my opinion about necessity of rear-child-lock. Had a long drive with cousin-kids on child seats, and the rear door was unlocked and opened by the (belted) kid at a traffic light. Can't imagine if it happened while the car was running. Now I feel the rear-door-child-lock is a necessity rather than a nice to have.
jinojohnt is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 11:06   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Please not that there was a change in the Rims of the old alto and new alto. The BS3 alto had rims with larger holes, which was reduced to very small holes as in post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2832210 (Going cheap, the Maruti way : Comparing the Maruti Alto versions)

Now, the hole size has been reverted to a bigger one, close to the older alto, However, it lacks the design of the old one.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 10:38   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Please not that there was a change in the Rims of the old alto and new alto.
The 2012 rims sure does look flimsy compared to the 2007 model!
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 00:58   #94
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Please not that there was a change in the Rims of the old alto and new alto. The BS3 alto had rims with larger holes, which was reduced to very small holes as in post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2832210 (Going cheap, the Maruti way : Comparing the Maruti Alto versions)

Now, the hole size has been reverted to a bigger one, close to the older alto, However, it lacks the design of the old one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
The 2012 rims sure does look flimsy compared to the 2007 model!
Another thing to be noted is the wheel nut design. The old model in the quoted posted has aesthetically more pleasing wheel nuts with closed rounded ends. The newer model has wheel nuts with open ends that expose the wheel lugs.

I bet Maruti Suzuki sourced the newer nuts at a cheaper price from the same supplier (or a different one) as they have less metal in them, seem to weigh less and aren't as nicely finished either. These guys sure know a thing or two about cutting costs.

Last edited by RSR : 17th December 2014 at 01:02.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote