Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th March 2012, 16:25   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Price increase in Maharashtra on petrol and diesel cars respectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Just the saw news on national tv that as per the state budget price will increase by 2% on petrol cars and 4% on diesel cars in maharashtra.

I have made payment of 1 lakh rs cheque for fortuner last week and will be making the balance payment tomorw,my car is being delivered before 31st march.My question is that the hile is applicable from today or april 1st??
I did not get the rationale behind putting 'respectively' at the end of the topic you have given to this thread.

Can you clarify please?
skdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 16:48   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Price increase in Maharashtra on petrol and diesel cars respectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I did not get the rationale behind putting 'respectively' at the end of the topic you have given to this thread.

Can you clarify please?
The hike is by 4% for diesel and 2% for petrol cars. Hence, the respectively.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 17:10   #18
BHPian

So diesel cars get even more expensive vis a vis petrol? Will this additional tax help those fence sitters make up their minds? I must say I was one of them and this just makes my decision a little easier.
MorePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 17:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
So diesel cars get even more expensive vis a vis petrol? Will this additional tax help those fence sitters make up their minds? I must say I was one of them and this just makes my decision a little easier.
Hello MorePower,

If you are still thinking over buying Petrol or Diesel Car the answer is fairly simple - If your avarage running is approx 600 - 900 / 1000 kms per month, go for Petrol Car. But if you are going to drive the Car for say 1500 / 2000 kms per month, go for Diesel Car.

Just search Team-BHP with Petrol V/s Diesel & there are enough threads explaining the financial impact of the Petrol v/s Diesel Cars.

I would suggest you to consider CNG option also. Infact comparing the daily cost of running of various fuels, CNG today is the cheapest option. But you tend to lose the much needed boot space.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 17:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Not unless other states start doing what Goa will do and reduce the petrol price. Until then, the price differential is too much. Karnataka may be worse than most, where we have almost 30 Rs. differential between diesel and petrol.

At that sort of rate buying a diesel car still makes sense despite the additional cost of taxes.

However, the additional taxation may well slow down sales of vehicles in general. Say from 30 percent YoY growth to maybe 25 percent.

Something is better than nothing given our woeful infra-structure, but that is totally OT though
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 19:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

I would suggest you to consider CNG option also. Infact comparing the daily cost of running of various fuels, CNG today is the cheapest option. But you tend to lose the much needed boot space.
The only problem with CNG option is car manufacturers don't provide CNG option on the top-end model. Not to mention the long queues at the CNG filling stations.
Adi_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 19:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
The only problem with CNG option is car manufacturers don't provide CNG option on the top-end model. Not to mention the long queues at the CNG filling stations.
You can go for after market CNG Kit Installation. There are many CNG conversation success stories right here on Team-BHP (there are couple of bad experiences also, but very few).

Regarding long queues - Yes, that is a issue. But given the fact that Petrol cost is approx Rs. 5 / 6 per KM & CNG cost is less than rs. 2 per KM the wait will be worth.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote