Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 4th April 2012, 19:42   #31
BANNED

Default Re: New Maruti sedan is coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I'm not sure how cannibalizing SX4 sales matters. It hardly sells in the first place. Plus a dud remains a dud until some real deep discounts are given and even that strategy is short lived cause you end up eroding margins & profitability.
I think a new sedan from Maruti above the Dzire in the City/Rapid/Vento category is the need of the hour and i'm glad Maruti is looking at an all new sedan rather than just rehashing the SX4 package.
Heard few days back that the All-New SX4 development is underway & it's expected in the International market by end 2013.
Expect the same to come in India by around first half of year 2014 & as a Better & more sorted out package.
Till then MSIL will try to push the same by adding some Spice to it by face-lift & Discounts.
Expected India specific face-lift for SX4 to arrive in India by October2012(also heard about the same few weeks back).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Is it A-Star sedan ?

Source: Maruti to launch A-star sedan by 2013 | mydigitalfc.com

Maruti Suzuki A-Star Sedan Launch In 2013
Again one Poor piece of Info by a well reputed News source.
Even alongwith, Shashank Srivastava, chief GM(marketing) of the company, I'm also going to deny this statement/feasibility for this car.

Had it been thought of in the place of New Dzire(<4m), it would have made sense.
As extending the Rear section of ~3.6m long hatchback, leaves alot of Space for designing a Freestyle, free-configuration boot instead of extending a ~3.8m hatchback(i.e New Swift) to reach the 4m deadline.
But if designed, then what would've the Interior Dimensions of the car i.e Legroom, Headroom, kneeroom, where A-Star is at the poorest amongst its segment.
Imagine a 4.2m long full-fledged A-star sedan with Alto/Wagon-R like Interior width ! For me it'll be a Tunnel on 4-wheels.

Lets even consider the above piece of Information to be anyhow feasible, then another biggest factor which can never be ruled out in our country i.e. the Diesel engine option.
Can A-Star platform, bodyshell can accomodate & handle the 1.3 Multijet Diesel engine, which is the Only weapon MSIL is having in India to fight the battle of sales in India.
My all senses are saying a 'Big NO' for this.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 4th April 2012 at 19:46. Reason: Text editing
Old 4th April 2012, 20:57   #32
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Can it be the Ritz? If not better the DZire, a Ritz sedan can complement its sales, the way the hatch has been doing.

- Full size (compared to the Dzire CS)
- Spacious than the Dzire
- Cheaper than the SX4
That's a good thought!
In fact, that would indirectly solve the major concern about the Ritz viz the ugly rear.
Old 5th April 2012, 00:16   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Can it be the Ritz? If not better the DZire, a Ritz sedan can complement its sales, the way the hatch has been doing.

- Full size (compared to the Dzire CS)
- Spacious than the Dzire
- Cheaper than the SX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
That's a good thought!
In fact, that would indirectly solve the major concern about the Ritz viz the ugly rear.
Do you think the Over-Tall height of Ritz, can do justice with the Sedan looks & High speed dynamics !
I guess, this is the reason, low heighted cars are mostly used to build the sedans.
Old 5th April 2012, 00:21   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

This will probably be a new Dzire with full size boot. Just like the Indigo CS and regular.

We will then have 3 Dzires. Who cares, the market loves em !!!!
Old 5th April 2012, 01:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Do you think the Over-Tall height of Ritz, can do justice with the Sedan looks & High speed dynamics !
I guess, this is the reason, low heighted cars are mostly used to build the sedans.
I ain't qualified enough to comment on how will the 'high speed dynamics' be.

But if we are talking about height, the following illustrations might clear things out a little
Attached Images

ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 01:22   #36
BANNED

Mod Note : Thread is too speculative. Will be re-opened once there is more concrete info on the full-sized sedan.

Quote:
I ain't qualified enough to comment on how will the 'high speed dynamics' be.

But if we are talking about height, the following illustrations might clear things out a little
Yes, that's the main problem for SX4 also, which is actually a Booted extension of Crossover SX4 hatch.
In real life, only due to this tallest height its dynamics, high speed manners suffer.
Its ride is more bouncy & less planted even than its lighter, cheaper cousin -Dzire.

Last edited by GTO : 5th April 2012 at 16:35. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread