Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th April 2006, 15:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Guys I wouldn't be so sure about the Tiburon/Tuscani/Coupe being launched in Inda yet. If anybody remembers they have been parading the model around for quite a few years now and every now and then Hyundai's "SOURCES" put it out in the motoring press that it's going to be launched in India soon. I have been hearing this for some years now.

I remember the first time I saw the Coupe was in 2000 at HMP in Delhi and it was the 4 headlight model. After that they showed one in Auto Expo '04 and I had a chat with a Marketing Manager there who said they might be getting it next year but till date nothing has happened.

So keep your fingers crossed but don't get your hopes up too high.

P.S. If launched with the proper 2.7 V6 with 6-speed manual I will be in line to buy one of those!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 17:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Okey finally made it with JK to the Hyundai WOW. The cars on display were the Tuscani, the Azera and the Tuscon, Accent, Santro, Getz and the Sonata Embera.

Wasn't that great actually, main attractions being the Tuscani and the Azera. And nutin much to say abt them either, I'd still look at a lot of other cars before gettin anyone of those. Nutin much to say abt them..

AND SOME NEWS
The current Accent IS NOT going to be stopped according to the Hyundai people. It was just a false news passed by some newspaper again which they have taked legal action. They even showd us the proof of the action taken against them.

AND NOW THE PIX

Hyundai Azera..

Hyundai Tuscani Coupe

Last edited by karthik247 : 7th April 2006 at 18:18.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 18:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
AZERA is one hell of a SEDAN. I can leave a merc to own a AZERA.
I really think u should think abt this again! I mean, after seeing and sitting in the Azera, i din't feel its all that good. The car on display here was the base version i think owned by someone in TN and was horribly maintained. Maybe thats why i din't like it but really i don't see all that hype.

Leavin a Merc for this...NO WAY. Hell, i'd even settle for the Skoda Superb V6 instead of this one after seeing it today
Old 7th April 2006, 19:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
I really think u should think abt this again! I mean, after seeing and sitting in the Azera, i din't feel its all that good. The car on display here was the base version i think owned by someone in TN and was horribly maintained. Maybe thats why i din't like it but really i don't see all that hype.

Leavin a Merc for this...NO WAY. Hell, i'd even settle for the Skoda Superb V6 instead of this one after seeing it today
Who in TN owns an Azera????????? Its just been released recently and it can only be a Hyundai test mule.

@ karthik - compared to the Skoda Superb available here, the Azera is a few streets ahead.

PS: I just saw the pics you posted - the version sold here definitely has MUCH better interiors with lots of wood as compared to the bland plastics of the one in your pics.

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th April 2006 at 19:42.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 19:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Interiors of the Azera I saw at the Toronto Auto show.

Last edited by amit : 7th April 2006 at 19:57.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 20:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit

This one looks different...the one I saw is exactly as on their website www.hyundaiazera.com with a part-cherrywood steering.

@ karthik and JK - what engine did the car you saw feature? Was it the 2.4 litre from the Sonata the 3.3 litre 230 bhp V6 or the 3.8 litre 273 bhp V6?

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th April 2006 at 20:22.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 21:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit

yikes!! its not good at all, but if they decide to bring it in about camry price, then they might have something, since its big and looks good..ofcourse not the best from the inside..but in india not too many people care for the interiors..
1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 21:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Who in TN owns an Azera????????? Its just been released recently and it can only be a Hyundai test mule.
Notice the number plate in pix, behind the front seat..I think this is a 3.3l, not sure tho'. They way this car was kept, no one would even want to buy one. The owner has his name written onver the leather seats!!!!
Old 8th April 2006, 03:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks to me the Azzera is going to be another Hyundai hit ...In india i am sure they will price it at or around the Camry ..

The car has the luxury features of and E-Class with a bigger Cabin space ..
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 17:44   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
This one looks different...the one I saw is exactly as on their website www.hyundaiazera.com with a part-cherrywood steering.

@ karthik and JK - what engine did the car you saw feature? Was it the 2.4 litre from the Sonata the 3.3 litre 230 bhp V6 or the 3.8 litre 273 bhp V6?
The one they brought here maybe was the entry level one. I loved the one they have in their site.

I think I read V6 somewher
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2006, 13:39   #26

A lil bit of news...

Inside sources from Chennai Manufacturing plant says they are scraping the tuscani idea and not gonna go for it.. don't know about the azer though
georgexoasi is offline   Reply With Quote