Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st April 2006, 13:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Anybody seen the Tuscani & Azera at the Hyundai WOW?

Read a report on the Hyundai "World On Wheels" roadshow in Cochin yesterday, which featured the 7 Hyundai models in India plus the Tuscani sports coupe an the Azera luxury sedan.

Has anyone seen this roadshow yet? Does this mean they're bringing the latter two cars to India, possibly as flagship models to pump up their image?

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems...Kochi&Topic=0&
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 13:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

AZERA is one hell of a SEDAN. I can leave a merc to own a AZERA.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 13:46   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not necessarily, Steer. They could get nice looking cars just for some eye-candy (like the longlegged lasses) to pull in the crowds.

Question is : Are roadshows better than taking part in the Auto Expo? Thats what Hyundai, Daimler Chrysler and a handful of other biggies have done this year.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 13:47   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I may visit cochin 2mrw.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 13:52   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Not necessarily, Steer. They could get nice looking cars just for some eye-candy (like the longlegged lasses) to pull in the crowds.

Question is : Are roadshows better than taking part in the Auto Expo? Thats what Hyundai, Daimler Chrysler and a handful of other biggies have done this year.

GTO
maybe coz

1. free entry?
2. people wil get to see some specific models and not a sambar of all companys models and hence less confused
3. marketing guys can get better contacts abt future customers.
4. less distance to travel to reach road shows
Old 1st April 2006, 15:35   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I had read somewhere bout the Tuscani Coup coming to india in via the CBU route. i think it was Bsmotoring ...
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 15:38   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
maybe coz

1. free entry?
2. people wil get to see some specific models and not a sambar of all companys models and hence less confused
3. marketing guys can get better contacts abt future customers.
4. less distance to travel to reach road shows
Some of your reasons could be secondary. The primary reason was the exhorbitant rates charged for display by the Auto Expo organisers.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 15:39   #8
BHPian

i saw on cnbc show that the tuscan will come to india with a 5gear model
garvit2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 19:22   #9
BHPian

I'd read in the Autocar UK in one of their recent issues that they would be phasing out the current Sonata(because supposedly it was faired very poorly in sales worldwide) and one of their other models would replace it (im not sure if it was the Azera) but I think it was the Azera they spoke about. Did anyone read that issue?
Although the Azera seems to be an E-class competitor.
The rear again seems heavily inspired from the current Accord and a 3/4 view seems similar to the Camry which was just launched.
Klaus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 19:35   #10
Senior - BHPian

I had been to the WOW show and i did get to sit in both the tuscani and azera. The tuscani was in a really bad shape with the doors and uther parts squeking. Someone would have really belted the car.

If only I could get a test drive
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 02:17   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

ya had heard taht the tiburon(tuscani coupe) wud be launched and pegged at somewhere around 16lacs
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 02:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
ya had heard taht the tiburon(tuscani coupe) wud be launched and pegged at somewhere around 16lacs
ure on the right line bud, i saw the coupe and the azera at mumbai. The dealer said that the coupe was coming to india as a cbu around thre price u mentioned and the azera is a cool looking machine but look what hyundai has done...they did a sonata with the jag s type and the're doing the azera with the 7 series bmw...see it from the back and you could mistake it for the new 7 series,tail lights and all
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 12:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
GTO
In a word
YES

Reasons

Auto expo is horribly organised.
97% of people coming to Auto Expo have no idea about automobiles and are there just to get free stuff and see beautiful women. (A person in front of me was arguing with Skoda salesman about getting free Skoda bag, and another elderly fellow was arguing at xBHP.com stall to get free calender)
There is too much crowd.
Car companies don't get enough attention.
With all imported cars on display they grab all limelight and the whole point of exhibition to display currently selling cars to people gets lost.

I think thats enough reasons to have own road shows.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 20:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

well, had been to the hyundai motor show long ago, mumbai edition- which was right before the mumbai motor show. got to see the tuscani in bright detail. and my first opinion-DHAMAAL. never used that word before on tbhp, merely because i haven't found a situation apt enough to befit it's phrasing; well, then...

i did manage to click some pics, and here goes;

didn't click any pics of the azera, merely because it didn't seem interesting enough. the tuscani/tiburon shown in the above pics has an auto box. when asked, the demo guys didn't have any satisfactory explanations for the launch dates; from whatever i could gather, it seems the car might be hitting our shores early next year; with a manual option too.....
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2006, 10:36   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

going for WOW today with Karthik247