Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th February 2013, 00:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Meru Plus launched : A premium multi-point rental car service

My experience with Meru has been more or less pleasant, barring one or two instances where the car was creaking, and once when the driver decided to refuel the CNG on my time. I complained to the call centre immediately and they offered to send another cab to pick me up, but the replacement cab would still take fifteen minutes, by which time my driver had completed the refilling, so I refused.

No doubt, TabCab too has been good on the few occasions I used them, but I have relied more or less on Meru. Not a single occasion of confirmed booking being rejected (although you could say I have used it more for airport pickups and drops). The web registration may bother someone, but then you can set up your frequently visited destinations on the web, and refer to them for a quick booking. Even the call centre guys can quickly respond to the booking in these cases.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 08:58   #47
BHPian

My only hesitation with meru or mega cabs (esp airport taxis) is the safety. Most drivers often do a 24hr shifts and don't even go home for about 3 days. They rest in parking lot, and with insufficient sleep. I was scared a lot in the recent 2 trips to airport where the driver almost dozzed off.
This is primarily due to the daily EMI model that they sign up for, and really struggle to meet them.

Since then I prefer to take the bus or office cabs.
harishpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2013, 09:25   #48
Senior - BHPian

On the contrary I find drivers well rested and on top of that the speed is also restricted to 80kmph. Only once I noticed a driver dozing off, but he had already done about five hr continuous duty.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 08:31   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
This is primarily due to the daily EMI model that they sign up for, and really struggle to meet them.

Since then I prefer to take the bus or office cabs.
What they really should do is allow two drivers per cab and switch over on a shift basis. The KSTDC cabs do that. I had a KSTDC cab one early morning and he suddenly stopped at Hebbal and his partner took over. All above board, even switched the driver ID details
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 19:20   #50
BHPian

I guess Meru in Bangalore is better. I always take their greenish colour cabs to get back home after a Saturday night out. We invariably end up going to Hard Rock cafe and I call for a cab at around 11pm. They come sharp by 11:15 and wait till 11:30pm and do not even charge for waiting! Maybe I am lucky to get nice drivers. I always sit in the front (wearing seat belt) and chat with the drivers. So for intra city travel, I prefer Meru. But to go to airport I prefer the Volvo bus or Mega Cabs. They use Etios and are very comfy cabs.

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 21:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Guess this could be the reason for Meru's downfall

Politics !
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote