Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th June 2012, 00:03   #76
BANNED

Default Re: Skoda Fabia Scout launched @ 6.79 lakhs

I tried this today as part of my hunt for a new Diesel hatch. Very well built but I just couldn't stand the 3 cylinder clatter. It simply defies logic. I guess a lost opportunity for Skoda. 1 more cylinder would absolutely alter the dynamics of this beautiful car.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 08:46   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
I tried this today as part of my hunt for a new Diesel hatch. Very well built but I just couldn't stand the 3 cylinder clatter. It simply defies logic. I guess a lost opportunity for Skoda. 1 more cylinder would absolutely alter the dynamics of this beautiful car.
It is indeed a lost opportunity. The Scout in Skoda terms is normally a beefed up vehicle in all aspects, and not just a mere cosmetic work like how they did in India. The thought process of their Indian think-tank really defies logic.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2012, 08:52   #78
Senior - BHPian

I totally agree. The trouble is that in our blessed country it is more important to look good than to be functional.
That at least the marketers have read correctly.
Even our own Indian car makers feed this exact requirement by providing big fat butch vehicles with very less functionality!

I wonder whether it would have actually and really cost them so much more to include the higher ground clearance package and other extras in this Scout, as they have abroad. One more thing I didnt like about the spec of the Fabia Scout - there does not seem to be ABS and EBD on offer at all in either of the two variants! That, to me is absolutely idiotic indeed!

Wonder when the great marketeers in these auto companies will adjudge that evolved Indian consumers also seek functionality and safety along with value and looks.
And it really is about time that the government made all safety features as mandatory across the variants!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th June 2012 at 08:55.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 20:09   #79
BHPian

I think the reason for such exorbitant pricing for Skoda Fabia scout is that it is 4.032 m in length thus exceeding the 4m mark so as to get classified as a small car in India.

Source:
Technical Specs
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2012, 22:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

I would really appreciate if some one could tell me how many, that is if they actually sold any, did they manage. It should really be a challenge for the Skoda sales team to pitch this variant with black bumpers (which were considered the base versions of yesteryear's cars) at a higher price than the standard car, when already they are having trouble selling the normal Fabia.
S2!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 10:15   #81
BHPian

This is just a sign to send the very little customer visiting Skoda showrooms to VW showrooms. If the customer wants german why not spend it on VW ? This sure is going to be a dud !

First Skoda messes up with its after sales service and now with this !
dar3dev|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 13:14   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I would really appreciate if some one could tell me how many, that is if they actually sold any, did they manage.
A recent trip to my nearest Skoda dealer - and I learn that they sold one in Bangalore in the month of May 2012. And none after that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
This is just a sign to send the very little customer visiting Skoda showrooms to VW showrooms. If the customer wants german why not spend it on VW ? This sure is going to be a dud !

First Skoda messes up with its after sales service and now with this !
Hmmm...not quite. I thought about the same during my buying process a year ago and then thought otherwise. In fact, in my particular case - the VW sales person seemed least interested in selling the 1.6 to me and was not at all interested in discussing the pricing options/discounts. All he did was hand out a price list to me and said - "as is on the list, saaar". That was very rude and none but Maruti command the right for a behaviour as such in this country. The VW a.s.s. isn't top-notch or considerably better than Skoda in any aspect either. In fact, they are just getting used to the bashings from ill-treated customers since 2 years while Skoda has mastered the art of getting bashed since 11 years. Through some, they learn. Through some, they don't.

For the 1.6, I stole the Fabia from the showroom for nearly 80000rs/- lesser than the Polo. For that money- I can splash some leather and ICE with ease, though I haven't yet. :P. Isn't that enough reason for me to look elsewhere from VW? Hell yeah!
mempheS.D is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote