Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th September 2012, 18:14   #361
BHPian

Fiat has taken over the Nissan showroom on palm beach road , vashi.

Fiat has replaced the Orion Nissan showroom and put up "coming soon" banner at this very chic looking showroom off palm beach road. The fiat dealer is Genesis .
FastLove is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 18:46   #362
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post

Fiat has replaced the Orion Nissan showroom and put up "coming soon" banner at this very chic looking showroom off palm beach road. The fiat dealer is Genesis .
If possible take a snap and post it here. I am also waiting for some announcements of dealership at Kerala.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 19:06   #363
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I am also waiting for some announcements of dealership at Kerala.
I think I have posted this before, but here goes: I heard from Hyson Motors, Thrissur (existing Tata-Fiat dealer) that they are taking up Fiat exclusive dealerships for Palakkad, Thrissur and Ernakulam. Their Fiat exclusive showrooms are coming up on Mannuthy bypass as well as NH bypass at Cochin. No idea about Palakkad showroom. I also spotted new Fiat MD Enrico Atanasio at Hyson Motors, Thrissur probably to assess the dealer in person before signing any agreements.
StarrySky is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 19:11   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky

I think I have posted this before, but here goes: I heard from Hyson Motors, Thrissur (existing Tata-Fiat dealer) that they are taking up Fiat exclusive dealerships for Palakkad, Thrissur and Ernakulam. Their Fiat exclusive showrooms are coming up on Mannuthy bypass as well as NH bypass at Cochin. No idea about Palakkad showroom. I also spotted new Fiat MD Enrico Atanasio at Hyson Motors, Thrissur probably to assess the dealer in person before signing any agreements.
Thanks for the info, I was expecting Concorde to take up the dealership at Cochin. Hyson taking up Cochin dealership is a surprise to me.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 20:43   #365
BHPian

Any news of independent dealership opening in Bangalore?
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 20:58   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Any news of independent dealership opening in Bangalore?
Asdon, Sometime back I heard that Aadya Motors were starting an exclusive FIAT only Service Center somewhere near Hebbal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
That's some good news. Atanasio at Hyson Motors shows that they are really committed to make this work.

Came across this news in MFW - Fiat Prepares for Production Push in India - http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...push-in-india/

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th September 2012 at 14:06. Reason: Back to back posts
lloydofcochin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 21:32   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I was expecting Concorde to take up the dealership at Cochin. Hyson taking up Cochin dealership is a surprise to me.
I think Concorde being a Tata Motors subsidiary wouldn't have taken up the dealership anyway. I don't know if RF Motors tried or not.
StarrySky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 09:26   #368
Senior - BHPian

http://Fiat struggles in India multi... Tata break-up
Quote:
Slackening demand for Fiat vehicles is keeping dealers at bay in India
About four months after Italian car maker Fiat severed ties with Tata Motors and took charge of commercial and distribution activities of its branded cars in India, demand for its range of vehicles has fallen further. From an average of about 1,800 units a month in 2010-11, Fiat sales dropped to about 900 units a month in the first four months of this financial year, according to data from the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers.

Fiat Group Automobiles India, the new company formed for the distribution and service of Fiat cars in India (after these operations were separated from the joint venture with Tata Motors), is mandated to set up a new Fiat dealer network. However, slackening demand for Fiat products and the lack of an adequate range of products is keeping dealers at bay.
V G Ramakrishnan, senior director (automotive), Frost and Sullivan, said, “Fiat products never got their due. The failure of Fiat has more to do with the marketing strategy they adopted, than anything else. Joint dealerships are very common in western markets, but India is a very different place. In addition, below-par servicing for Fiat cars hit its brand image.”
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 09:58   #369
BHPian

By itself, independent sales and service will do nothing to revive Fiat's fortunes. They need to back this move up by introducing fresh new products. Bring in the Punto Evo and upgrade the engine range. Maybe also bring in the Panda with the 0.8 L TwinAir engine. That would be a good candidate to increase sales numbers. The Viaggio is a stunning product as well.
If Fiat keeps its range unchanged, I don't see many customers lining up just because the showrooms are snazzier.
amitg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 13:47   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post

Thanks for info
Good News for Fiat Owners in Navi Mumbai.
1st service (15K km) of my Punto will be due somewhere in Jan-Feb'13, hope this will be up & running by then.

Fiat has not taken over Nissan showroom, Genesis Motors is current Nissan dealer with Orion Nissan name. They must have taken up Fiat dealership as well.

BTW my dealer Fortune Cars had confirmed of opting for new Fiat exclusive dealership. It seems he was not correct.
S.MJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 15:33   #371
BHPian

The new Fiat showroom at palm beach road, Vashi, Navi Mumbai

Name:  ForumRunner_20120916_153038.png
Views: 1787
Size:  643.5 KB
FastLove is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2012, 18:43   #372
Senior - BHPian

As per report in ToI, Fiat India seeks complete separation of the Sales operations by Mar-13. Link to the report:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/16463504.cms

Music to ears for Fiat enthusiasts....
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 03:15   #373
BHPian

That is really music to the ears. Had really bad experience at the galaxy motors in Mulund and seriously wish there was a better handling staff who knew what they are selling.

By the way news about FIAT providing something extra this festive season.

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...to-118528.html

Last edited by kailashnj : 20th September 2012 at 03:20.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 04:24   #374
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the best thing that could happen to existing Fiat owners and fans! As an Indica Xeta owner, both my car and I personally, have been treated with absolute indifference almost all the time and even with rudeness and contempt on many an occasion, even by the "Tata Motors owned and operated" dealer i.e. Concorde If this is the fate of Tata customers, I can only imagine the horrors that Fiat owners have to go through So much so, that I've decided never to step inside a Tata Motors showroom or service centre again, ever! And to spread the word and warn as many people as possible about TM's disgraceful attitude towards customers and horrible product quality and reliability. A friend who had a Vista Quadrajet in his short list and liked the package on offer, struck it off after my warnings and went for a Figo instead. I was delighted to have helped save him the miserable headache of having to deal with TM for the next few years.

With Fiat choosing to go their own way, I can consider the Punto the next time I go car shopping. It's upto Fiat now to make up for all their past follies by bringing in their latest products and by providing a truly delightful ownership experience, something they could never have done with the albatross around their neck.

Last edited by RSR : 20th September 2012 at 04:26.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2012, 09:36   #375
Senior - BHPian

Default Absolute edition launched!

Theses limited edition cars come with a customised accessory pack that offers additional value to customers at no extra cost. Customers can avail benefits of up to Rs 78,000 on the Linea and Rs 67,000 on the Punto.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...punto/1004948/

However, there is absolutely nothing about the new product lineups in the FIAT India website. And that's typical Fiat India for you, again!

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 20th September 2012 at 09:41.
sandeepmdas is online now   Reply With Quote