Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th November 2012, 10:30   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Its confirmed that a Fiat Cafe is coming up at the location as mentioned by Autocop. They have started putting up the banners and are attempting a Diwali opening of the showroom. I guess Ghodbunder Road has become the automobile road with almost all major manufacturers having their dealers there. To name a few, Renault, Nissan, Ford, VW, Tata/Fiat, MS etc.
Ghodlur,

You just saved me a couple of litre's of fuel and a road trip to Pune. I was planning one for visiting the Fiat Caffe! I believe it is the showroom which also shares its wall with Waman Hari pethe and earlier had a jean brand.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 10:32   #407
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Cafe's are not at all important to customers.

Customer satisfaction is the Key. Fiat... Are you Listning?

Please open shops to service the cars, which were manufactured by you, on your brand name. Customers are desparetly waiting to get their cars to something called as FIAT Authorized service centres. Every manufacturer in india has them Except you
gemi_kk is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 10:35   #408
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Ghodlur,

You just saved me a couple of litre's of fuel and a road trip to Pune. I was planning one for visiting the Fiat Caffe! I believe it is the showroom which also shares its wall with Waman Hari pethe and earlier had a jean brand.
No No. WHP is exactly on the opp side. This is the same place where they used to have NEXT retail shop if you remember. The Cafe's approach road is through the service lane which starts from the R Mall (if coming from Borivali). You pass by MS Fort Point True Value, Ford, Balaji cars, VW and then comes Fiat Cafe just before Eicher motors building. Hope this helps.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 10:41   #409
Senior - BHPian

Ah, okay! got it It still read Next despite having a TATA-Fiat showroom Very apt location. But I wonder how many people will have coffee there? Opening a Caffe inside Korum/Panchpakhadi would have got some more sales...

This could be a case of "joh accha dikhta hai, wohi bikta hai"
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 11:50   #410
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
But I wonder how many people will have coffee there? Opening a Caffe inside Korum/Panchpakhadi would have got some more sales...
Cant say whether people would really bother having coffee there, but still there seems to be mezannine floor being built there, may be for the purpose of having coffee.

Sincerely I would wish Fiat(Or balaji Motors) upgrades the workshop so that Fiat buyers can have a look at the workshop too so that they know their car is in good hands. Not like most of the Tata/Fiat workshop where there is a dedicated bay or two for Fiat vehicles servicing.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:05   #411
BHPian

Thanks for update!

I saw two big Fiat Logos put up on the showroom/cafe (as confirmed by Ghodlur). It should open in a week or two. This is great news indeed for current/potential FIAT owners in Thane/Mumbai area. Planning to visit Balaji Cars over the weekend, will try to get further details.

Quote:
Its confirmed that a Fiat Cafe is coming up at the location as mentioned by Autocop. They have started putting up the banners and are attempting a Diwali opening of the showroom. I guess Ghodbunder Road has become the automobile road with almost all major manufacturers having their dealers there. To name a few, Renault, Nissan, Ford, VW, Tata/Fiat, MS etc.

Last edited by Autocop : 22nd November 2012 at 14:07. Reason: change
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 00:30   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur

That's a great news. I have been to Pune couple of months back with my friend (in his Honda City), for his urgent work. I was eager to visit FIAT CAFE and friend has also agreed to. But we could not visit FIAT CAFE as we were on very tight schedule to return to Mumbai. I was disappointed. But now I can visit it here in Mumbai itself.
Friends please update once the CAFE is ready.
O.T. On a lighter note, as I am typing on my mobile once I type fia the 1st suggested word is FIAT. Guess what is next word, it is FIASCO. Hope these words do not go together in reality in future.
HydroFuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 09:01   #413
Senior - BHPian

A small update.

The Fiat Cafe opened on the Ghodbunder Road, Thane is actually not a totally Fiat owned outlet IMO. This is owned by Balaji Motors and is called Balaji Fiat. Dont know if Fiat owns this and called be Fiat Cafe (something similar to what is opened in Pune).

The Lineas and Puntos are seen parked in the showroom, although there is no staff around most of the time. The Fiat workshop which is right behind the showroom looks like a shady in ruins building from outside. However the Fiat logo on the workshop and showroom is an eye catching one. Will post pics once the showroom is officially opened.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 18:48   #414
BHPian

Quote:
A small update.

The Fiat Cafe opened on the Ghodbunder Road, Thane is actually not a totally Fiat owned outlet IMO. This is owned by Balaji Motors and is called Balaji Fiat. Dont know if Fiat owns this and called be Fiat Cafe (something similar to what is opened in Pune).

The Lineas and Puntos are seen parked in the showroom, although there is no staff around most of the time. The Fiat workshop which is right behind the showroom looks like a shady in ruins building from outside. However the Fiat logo on the workshop and showroom is an eye catching one. Will post pics once the showroom is officially opened.
Thanks for information! After buying my TJ+ from Balaji, I have been constantly in touch with the Sales Rep (for varios reasons). He and his full team who was incharge of Selling Fiat cars at Balaji Motors (including their MD) is currently in training. This training is for 2 weeks or so and is conducted by Fiat. May be thats why the staff is not seen at the showroom Floor. Yes, this is a Fiat Only Showroom but still owned by Balaji Cars and the workshop behind it is a Fiat-Tata *** as I dont think service is seperated yet.

Waiting for the pics though
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 08:15   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Yes, this is a Fiat Only Showroom but still owned by Balaji Cars and the workshop behind it is a Fiat-Tata *** as I dont think service is seperated yet.
No way, the Fiat workshop is totally different from Balaji Tata workshop which is bang behind the Fiat showroom. The Fiat Workshop is also behind but a different building which as of now looks like a dilipated one but sports a huge Fiat logo.

As for the pics, will try this weekend.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 16:41   #416
BHPian

Happened to meet the body shop in-charge at Balaji last week and he said,

> The current body/accident repair shop is being converted into a dedicated Fiat Service shop

> by year-end they plan to have Fiat Service Shop in place of the current body shop. He said some gora (according to him German, my guess Italian ) ladies/gents had come for survey/visit to ensure the facility meets their requirements. That's indeed a positive sign of FIAT being serious and optimistics about the business/operations this time.

> Very soon the current body shop operations will move to a new place behind where it is right now

> Fiat service office and customer waiting area will be in a new building right opposite the current body shop (proposed Fiat Service Shop)

> Aparently the whole Fiat Sales/Service shop setup work is going on full swing (even in the night shift) to ensure readiness by year-end

> Most likely, new body shop will continue to be a shared one between Tata/Fiat

> Only Balaji Cars have been offered Sales/Service dearlership in Thane area

Quote:
No way, the Fiat workshop is totally different from Balaji Tata workshop which is bang behind the Fiat showroom. The Fiat Workshop is also behind but a different building which as of now looks like a dilipated one but sports a huge Fiat logo.

As for the pics, will try this weekend.
Autocop is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 16:55   #417
BHPian

Finally!! Hope this move works well for Fiat.

Will this be the first Fiat only service shop in India?

My Linea is up for the 30k service anytime now. Do you think waiting for this dedicated shop to open up is a good idea??
iceman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 17:29   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post

My Linea is up for the 30k service anytime now. Do you think waiting for this dedicated shop to open up is a good idea??
No, the one in Pune has been operating for the past 2 -3 months. Not come across any reviews on them though.
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 20:05   #419
BHPian

You may want to keep a watch on the opening of Balaji Service Shop and if that coincides with your 30K service well and good. Otherwise, you can always avail their service for 45K and hopefully by then the guys would be more seasoned.

The point is it doesn't make sense to stop running the vehicle just to get the first experience in new service shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post

Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 09:59   #420
BHPian

May be slightly OT but Fiat India is allocating budget for its IT project mainly on CRM. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come for Fiat Customers.
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote