Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th December 2012, 09:55   #451
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Wow,that's a pleasant surprise!!
Any idea which group the dealership belongs to??ETA group again!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I think it is from the DSC guys. They already have DSC Hyundai in Chennai.
ETA is a middle east based company having the following car dealerships in Chennai

Transcar India - Mercedes Benz
ABRA Motors - VW
Zulaika Motors - Mahindra
Cars India - Maruti

They also own stake in Chennai Citi centre and BS Abdur Rahman University.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 10:52   #452
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

I heard Pandit Auto will have a dedicated Fiat Showroom in the City (near the existing Tata Showroom). Also, there will be some new dealership in Pimpri/Ch'wad area - what I heard from Tata Salesman!
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 11:32   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I heard Pandit Auto will have a dedicated Fiat Showroom in the City (near the existing Tata Showroom). Also, there will be some new dealership in Pimpri/Ch'wad area - what I heard from Tata Salesman!
They have taken over the Acumen service center in Bavdhan to make it an independent FIAT service center.
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 12:08   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
ETA is a middle east based company having the following car dealerships in Chennai

Transcar India - Mercedes Benz
ABRA Motors - VW
Zulaika Motors - Mahindra
Cars India - Maruti

They also own stake in Chennai Citi centre and BS Abdur Rahman University.
Quote:
It is going to be RDC FIAT in Chennai. The showroom is almost ready and it is just a matter of time from being opened. It is located on the CIT Nagar 1st Main Road exactly at the same building where previous VW showroom was located. See the below map for reference.

Attachment 1021909
Nice! Will try to visit the place tomorrow. Need to see this one for myself!

Very less chance of having a service center there. Any idea where its going to be located? Have heard some good feedback about Zulaikha motors - hence I think this choice is good for us Chennai folks.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 12:16   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Very less chance of having a service center there. Any idea where its going to be located? Have heard some good feedback about Zulaikha motors - hence I think this choice is good for us Chennai folks.
Service Center is coming up in Ekkaduthangal opposite KUN Hyundai. There will be a SC near the showroom itself for minor works and all major works will be done at Ekkaduthangal.

CD - On a side note expect to see some known faces there
teky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 14:31   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
They have taken over the Acumen service center in Bavdhan to make it an independent FIAT service center.
Yes. That's true for Service Center. Acumen is currently closed for couple of months for refurbishments / upgrade.

So, Fiat will have Pandit (City), Acumen (Bavdhan), Millennium (Dapodi) as Full Service Centers.
And Fiat Caffe, Pandit (City), and Pimpri-Ch'wad Dealership for Sales.
dmplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 15:27   #457
BHPian

Post Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Is anyone aware what the exact status here in Mumbai with Fiat dealerships and service is? Would be nice to have a handle.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 17:44   #458
BHPian

Quote:
It is going to be RDC FIAT in Chennai. The showroom is almost ready and it is just a matter of time from being opened. It is located on the CIT Nagar 1st Main Road exactly at the same building where previous VW showroom was located. See the below map for reference.
Great News. Planning to book my Punto in Jan. Hope they come up with Inaugural offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Service Center is coming up in Ekkaduthangal opposite KUN Hyundai. There will be a SC near the showroom itself for minor works and all major works will be done at Ekkaduthangal.

CD - On a side note expect to see some known faces there
This is one of the worst places at the moment to have a service center. As someone quoted in another Chennai thread, the road there looks like a 4X4 track. Expect the vehicle to to be back in service soon after delivery.

OT - Do let me know any contacts to get a good deal in Jan
Marlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 03:12   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
Service Center is coming up in Ekkaduthangal opposite KUN Hyundai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
This is one of the worst places at the moment to have a service center. As someone quoted in another Chennai thread, the road there looks like a 4X4 track. Expect the vehicle to to be back in service soon after delivery.
I am confused. There is no KUN Hyundai at Ekkaduthangal. There is HMP Service at Ekkaduthangal. KUN has its service at the Guindy Estates very near to Guindy Bus Terminus. If this is the one we are referring to, then no need to worry about the roads as mentioned by Marlon. They are good here.
rameshnanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 18:23   #460
BHPian

RDC Motor Chennai, opening on 10th December. No more Tata tie up in Chennai
Marlon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 21:16   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon
RDC Motor Chennai, opening on 10th December. No more Tata tie up in Chennai
Couldn't resist checking the showroom. Its still under construction, but the board has come up. FIAT logo looks beautiful at night.

Ladies and gentleman- Presenting for the first time on the forum, Fiat Chennai-
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-forumrunner_20121205_211257.png
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 22:23   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR

Couldn't resist checking the showroom. Its still under construction, but the board has come up. FIAT logo looks beautiful at night.

Ladies and gentleman- Presenting for the first time on the forum, Fiat Chennai-
Awesome news! Thankyou. Hope they set it up go other cities soon!
Driving_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 23:03   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
FIAT logo looks beautiful at night.
And here is the daytime picture (Courtesy - teky ). They would be opening 2 service centers, one at Ekkaduthangal (opposite to HMP) and another at KK Nagar.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20121205_145928.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20121205_150206.jpg
Old 5th December 2012, 23:08   #464
BHPian

Does anyone know what is the status of the workshop in Bangalore. Is Prerana opening a separate service center for fiat.
sridharp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2012, 23:14   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Does anyone know what is the status of the workshop in Bangalore. Is Prerana opening a separate service center for fiat.
Yes. From the information I have, both KHT and Prerana will be opening Fiat exclusive sales and service in Bangalore.

Note:- It is rumored that KHT's will be a Fiat Caffe.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 5th December 2012 at 23:17.