Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th December 2012, 11:43   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

^^Does TATA and Fiat still share the manufacturing facility/assembly line? And if so, any idea if Fiat’s QC checkpoints/processes are shared with TATA?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 13:54   #482
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Hi Krishna, any time line for the "refreshed" Linea and the "new" Linea ?
Are there any refreshed Linea/Punto in the pipeline for 2013 before the launch of 'new' linea ?
bnzjon - There are supposed to refreshed version of both Punto & Linea somewhere around April 2013. The Punto is expected to get something in the lines of Palio Adventure. Not entirely sure about Linea though - It will continue as Linea classic post the all new Linea launch during 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
^^Does TATA and Fiat still share the manufacturing facility/assembly line? And if so, any idea if Fiat’s QC checkpoints/processes are shared with TATA?
Manufacturing line is same across TATA/Fiat, they switch between Punto/Linea/Manza/Vista based on the demand. Not entirely sure about QC process though.
teky is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 14:05   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Yes they do share the assembly line. The assembly was built keeping in mind to assemble the ABS versions of Manza and Vista. However, no bodyshop work for the Vista and Manza happens at this plant. Only the painting and the assembling happens here.

The plant has moved into Poka-yoke type of assembling where the line can be stopped if a defect/fault is identified by the line man during assembling.

However, the QC part is anybody's guess here again. The person incharge there was mentioned they check all the vehicles in the assembly line (100% QC Test).

They do have a quality manufacturing facility, now if they only tighten the screws on the vendors to ensure the final product is not defective even to the extent of a plastic clip. Its difficult, but definitely doable.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 11:34   #484
BHPian

Default Good news for Fiat lovers in Cochin

BHPians from in and around Cochin,

Today while commuting to office I saw the new HYSON FIAT showroom coming up on the NH47 Bypass opposite to Ernakulam Medical Centre(EMC). This is serious good news for Fiat owners and the fact that Fiat managed to setup a showroom so fast after snapping ties with TATA is commendable.

I feel with the advent of facelifted Punto and Linea next year and a whole lot of Jeeps from yankee-land, Fiat should be able to do good business here.

Note: Mods merge this if any similiar thread is running.

Last edited by itsgeox : 19th December 2012 at 11:36.
itsgeox is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 11:53   #485
BHPian

Default Re: Good news for Fiat lovers in Cochin

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2012 at 14:02.
SUPERSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2012, 13:03   #486
BHPian

Default Re: Good news for Fiat lovers in Cochin

If there is separate service facilities also, then it is real good news. Otherwise the changes would affect just the buying part, which IMO is not that bad even today.
CoolFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 11:44   #487

There is an Ad in Hindu (Chennai Edition) today, wherein the Fiat's CEO calling on interested entrepreneurs to set up "Fiat Only" dealerships in Chennai as a part of their new strategy.

Sorry, but I am unable to find the link.
krish_veera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 11:39   #488
Senior - BHPian

(I think) I spotted the new Fiat-only dealership in Thrissur on the Mannuthy bypass. While travelling towards Mannuthy, the building is on the right side of the road, just after Oushadhi (on the left). It's adjacent to the 2nd flyover after the toll booth while travelling on the bypass towards Mannuthy.
StarrySky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 13:34   #489
BHPian

Any news when Fiat is coming up with own facility in Bangalore?
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 19:25   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
my understanding is its going to be a FIAT Cafe Style showroom operated by KHT motors in Whitefield.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 19:30   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
my understanding is its going to be a FIAT Cafe Style showroom operated by KHT motors in Whitefield.
Not very sure about that, I bought my car from KHT Whitefield only, and the SA is known to me, if something of this is coming he would have mentioned to me.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 19:36   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prerana motors showroom + service centre (single facility) is coming up at Hosur road, around 1 km away from the current service centre at Kudlu gate (between present place and Kropex Chevrolet on the same side). It will be operational from February 2013. Source : Prerana motors . Construction is almost complete. They will be starting the interior work soon. Looks like the schedule is well on track.

Last edited by KarthikK : 27th December 2012 at 19:37.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 20:34   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Not very sure about that, I bought my car from KHT Whitefield only, and the SA is known to me, if something of this is coming he would have mentioned to me.
KHT is opening a Fiat Cafe at Koramangala - Domlur road. It is nearing completion.
nkg77 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 11:41   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
KHT is opening a Fiat Cafe at Koramangala - Domlur road.
What???? These fools could not even sell me (and a couple of folks I know) a car properly and they have been given dealership rights, unbelievable. At this rate, I see no hope of sales ever improving for Fiat. Dealers that have been incapable should be binned and KHT is one of them.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 11:43   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
What???? These fools could not even sell me (and a couple of folks I know) a car properly and they have been given dealership rights, unbelievable. At this rate, I see no hope of sales ever improving for Fiat. Dealers that have been incapable should be binned and KHT is one of them.
I have heard good feedback about KHT. Try contacting Adit/Jayakrishan and you should get good response from both of them.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote