Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th December 2012, 11:55   #496
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I have heard good feedback about KHT. Try contacting Adit/Jayakrishan and you should get good response from both of them.
Well, your friends were real lucky.

Not when I went to buy my car. The same happened to a couple of folk I know too. They could not care less so went ahead and bought their car from KHT as it was closer for them. Would you accept a brand new car with swirl marks on the bonnet? I sure will not. I got so fed up with them that I even let them keep the cancellation charge. It is anyways not something that is refundable. However, for the trash they put me through I should have got it back. I did not even bother fighting for it. I will never give them business and will also not direct anyone to KHT. You have to experience the transparency at Prerana Motors in Lalbagh just once to know the difference in dealer response. There is simply no comparison. Besides; with an additional Fiat discount of 25k being offered by Prerana when I went to buy a car, something KHT said was not available, they were just lying on my face and it made no sense at all for me to give them my business.
sandeepmohan is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 12:03   #497
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
What???? These fools could not even sell me (and a couple of folks I know) a car properly and they have been given dealership rights, unbelievable. At this rate, I see no hope of sales ever improving for Fiat. Dealers that have been incapable should be binned and KHT is one of them.
Once during an interview,a senior employee from Hyundai who started his career with Fiat, told me that the only problem that has bogged down Fiat in India had been the 'lala type' dealers.
Fuldagap is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 12:16   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What???? These fools could not even sell me (and a couple of folks I know) a car properly and they have been given dealership rights, unbelievable. At this rate, I see no hope of sales ever improving for Fiat. Dealers that have been incapable should be binned and KHT is one of them.
+1. I experienced this twice, once when I went with sandeepmohan and another time with my friend. It is sad to know they have taken up the dealership for Fiat again. My friend had his Palio ruined by these guys due to incompetence. Both their sales and service experiences are pathetic. I give a thumbs down to these guys. Hope they change at least after their Fiat-exclusive role begins. Good luck to those living around Marathahalli area and servicing it here.

Quote:
I have heard good feedback about KHT. Try contacting Adit/Jayakrishan and you should get good response from both of them.
nkg77, I beg to differ , no offense meant. Why should a casual buyer approach the showroom owner / manager every time to buy / service a car? Not every layman is a member on team-bhp or any fiat forum, and that is not the way it is run. A good showroom/service centre should manage to sell and/or service the car through its sales and service executives being efficient, not by "known customers" using their 'contacts' in the management to get favours or good service.

A real test of the sales / service network is by seeing how the reps handle every single unknown customer walking in, not just known contacts or their manager's friends on some online forum . If they give preferential treatment, they are just working for online publicity, not in true earnest.

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th December 2012 at 12:25.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 12:20   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Prerana motors showroom + service centre (single facility) is coming up at Hosur road, around 1 km away from the current service centre at Kudlu gate (between present place and Kropex Chevrolet on the same side). It will be operational from February 2013. Source : Prerana motors . Construction is almost complete. They will be starting the interior work soon. Looks like the schedule is well on track.
The Works Manager in Prerana in Peenya told me the same information. He had actually told me January.
The KHT Motors starting fiat caffe, he did not know/mention.
madhukar_n is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 13:45   #500
BHPian

Quote:
nkg77, I beg to differ , no offense meant. Why should a casual buyer approach the showroom owner / manager every time to buy / service a car? Not every layman is a member on team-bhp or any fiat forum, and that is not the way it is run. A good showroom/service centre should manage to sell and/or service the car through its sales and service executives being efficient, not by "known customers" using their 'contacts' in the management to get favours or good service.

A real test of the sales / service network is by seeing how the reps handle every single unknown customer walking in, not just known contacts or their manager's friends on some online forum . If they give preferential treatment, they are just working for online publicity, not in true earnest.
I fully agree with your comments, my only intention in giving those names were to help someone out if he has no other choice other than KHT. That being said what you have mentioned is the ideal condition and nothing ever works in the ideal condition mode. A friendly contact at a service center is very helpful, be it TASS or any other service center.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 14:13   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I fully agree with your comments, my only intention in giving those names were to help someone out if he has no other choice other than KHT.
completely agree with you there.

Quote:
That being said what you have mentioned is the ideal condition and nothing ever works in the ideal condition mode. A friendly contact at a service center is very helpful, be it TASS or any other service center.
fortunately, the way Prerana motors works is very close to this ideal condition, which is what sandeepmohan was also suggesting. My service and sales experience has been outstanding with both my cars, and in my opinion it is these kind of dealers that Fiat needs to appoint if they want to enhance their brand image going ahead.

For neither the purchase nor the servicing have I had to escalate or contact any of the management people in Prerana. Everyone at the ground level does their job promptly. None of the prerana motors staff are on any of the forums, for the record. Work happens without anyone whining about it to the management.

A friendly contact at a service centre is always welcome, but the way things run at most of these service centres (maybe even KHT), good servicing/sales experience is always meted out when the customer happens to be a member of some online forum or some familiar face, and every other layman is treated like garbage. This only paints a different picture among customers. The satisfied will continue to deny there is a problem with their servicing. The others who were affected (like my friend) will swear against these errant dealers and dissuade other prospective customers. That should change, if Fiat wants to grow their brand.

Once again, no offense meant. Just a casual friday-afternoon-sleepy-mood rant

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th December 2012 at 14:26.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 15:01   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, your friends were real lucky.

Not when I went to buy my car. The same happened to a couple of folk I know too. They could not care less so went ahead and bought their car from KHT as it was closer for them. Would you accept a brand new car with swirl marks on the bonnet? I sure will not. I got so fed up with them that I even let them keep the cancellation charge. It is anyways not something that is refundable. However, for the trash they put me through I should have got it back. I did not even bother fighting for it. I will never give them business and will also not direct anyone to KHT. You have to experience the transparency at Prerana Motors in Lalbagh just once to know the difference in dealer response. There is simply no comparison. Besides; with an additional Fiat discount of 25k being offered by Prerana when I went to buy a car, something KHT said was not available, they were just lying on my face and it made no sense at all for me to give them my business.
The very reason I was not bothered to even take a quote from them when I bought the Linea. Neighter are they transperant when they bill the customer after service.

Quote:
+1. I experienced this twice, once when I went with sandeepmohan and another time with my friend. It is sad to know they have taken up the dealership for Fiat again. My friend had his Palio ruined by these guys due to incompetence. Both their sales and service experiences are pathetic. I give a thumbs down to these guys. Hope they change at least after their Fiat-exclusive role begins. Good luck to those living around Marathahalli area and servicing it here.

Quote:
completely agree with you there.

fortunately, the way Prerana motors works is very close to this ideal condition, which is what sandeepmohan was also suggesting. My service and sales experience has been outstanding with both my cars, and in my opinion it is these kind of dealers that Fiat needs to appoint if they want to enhance their brand image going ahead.

For neither the purchase nor the servicing have I had to escalate or contact any of the management people in Prerana. Everyone at the ground level does their job promptly. None of the prerana motors staff are on any of the forums, for the record. Work happens without anyone whining about it to the management.

A friendly contact at a service centre is always welcome, but the way things run at most of these service centres (maybe even KHT), good servicing/sales experience is always meted out when the customer happens to be a member of some online forum or some familiar face, and every other layman is treated like garbage. This only paints a different picture among customers. The satisfied will continue to deny there is a problem with their servicing. The others who were affected (like my friend) will swear against these errant dealers and dissuade other prospective customers. That should change, if Fiat wants to grow their brand.

Once again, no offense meant. Just a casual friday-afternoon-sleepy-mood rant
Completely agree with you on this. They way KHT works and Prerana works is both are at different end of the spectrum. Prerana has been transperant, co-operative and going that extra mile to bring a smile on the customer's face.

Their service too is far better than KHT.

Aadya motors, I have not heard much nor have any intentions to try them until Prerana motors (forgot the name for the FIAT Standalone 3S center) is with FIAT.

Hope KHT starts treating the common man who is not on any forum as a customer too
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 15:21   #503
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

FIAT needs company Showrooms and Service centers across India and the need to start with about 40 odd one in the top 8-10 metros. That is the only way the customer will turn back to them. VW has had to go this route and so should they. The investments in sales and service are required.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 19:23   #504
BHPian

Default Fiat's New Video Ads Comparing Linea to Other Sedans

Fiat has started promoted video ads on YouTube comparing the Linea to the sedans City, Vento and Fiesta (a different video for each).

The videos were uploaded just a week ago and can be seen at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/fiatcarsindia

I like the initiative. Shows confidence that a car company has superiority over another, plus it's a different approach. However, I felt the videos need to be improved big time. They seemed too focused on the exterior looks.
IndianGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 20:07   #505
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat's New Video Ads Comparing Linea to Other Sedans

I have seen few of these and no surprise they talked more about Fiat then the other car. After all its a TVC!!

Styling, Ride, Handling, Suspension, Feel that's all Fiat is.
I own one for last ~3 years and extremely happy with it.

I hope this thread does not become another battle ground
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 20:29   #506
BHPian

Before Fiatians decide to bash me, I am also a Fiat fan.

These videos could have been effective had they done some basic research. Rather than sticking to facts, these videos try to focus on the subjective parts. Comparing 90 PS 1.4 (instead of T-jet) with City and then calling it popular among petrol heads, didn't make much sense to me. What they should do is, collect some real user feedback and utilize that. Fiat marketing team can find enough marketing material on T-BHP and it will be much more authentic/believable than these overtly biased videos. Moreover, I don't like them positioning Linea parallel to Fiesta classic. Linea is meant to be compared with Vento, City, Rapid and the likes of them. If performance is the criteria, Fiesta 1.6 fans won't even consider Linea 1.4 90 PS.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 21:21   #507
BHPian

I wish Fiat could also put out a disclaimer that spares are an issue sometimes and that potential buyers have to deal with more depreciation compared to the competition.
Ford5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 21:34   #508
Senior - BHPian

I saw the video few days back,and was expecting a Tjet,but when i saw the 1.4L Fire,i was surprised,they rated it higher than the Honda's Ivtec.
No offence to fiat and its Fans,Honda's engine is any day superior to the 1.4L NA Fire,bring in the Tjet and scenario changes,but the NA, no ways, it is not superior to Honda's Engine.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 21:48   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
I wish Fiat could also put out a disclaimer that spares are an issue sometimes and that potential buyers have to deal with more depreciation compared to the competition.
Exactly echoed my thoughts.

The Linea was always a capable vehicle save, for the A$$ and the unavailability of spares. More frequently than not, one definitely hears about either of these.

Was totally aghast, when someone here mentioned about his Palio that had been parked for more than a year due to unavailable spares .

If FIAT puts so much effort into building it's cars, why not put an equal portion in boosting the A$$? They know where the loophole is, still no progress

And yes, I would still rate the i-VTEC one notch above the FIAT's
MetalBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 23:26   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
FIAT needs company Showrooms and Service centers across India and the need to start with about 40 odd one in the top 8-10 metros. That is the only way the customer will turn back to them. VW has had to go this route and so should they. The investments in sales and service are required.
Perfect point. I fail to understand why fiat is going the similar way of appointing dealers after not so successful attempts earlier. Once again they have to be at the mercy of attitude, whims and fancies of dealers; however hard they may try. Here I dont expect huge improvement in service but only marginal one.
One positive though that fiat can upgrade the portfolio by introducing entry level cars like tallboy Panda, revamped Palio, Palio sedan (like petra for those who want visible boot) where there is volume sale in India; so that there are more options for customers; with a little risk of cannibalism, at least it will be within the brand.
HydroFuel is offline   Reply With Quote