Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th February 2013, 10:24   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

Krishna, any idea when the service center will be open?
The expected date to start operations of the service center is 1st March. But may get delayed by a week or so
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 10:48   #587
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Wait for exclusive sales & service in Navi Mumbai continues.

Somewhere in Oct/Nov, Nissan showroom on palm beach road was shut for renovation with Fiat coming soon board. The showroom is still under renovation but the Fiat coming soon board is gone.

They are now probably taking up Ford dealership.

Fiat will continue to be sold & serviced by existing Tata-Fiat dealer, Fortune Cars till 31st Mar & if required they will continue to provide service till new exclusive dealership is ready with service setup.

Only good news here is that new dealer has been finalised by Fiat.

Got this info from Mr. Mahesh, GM service at Fortune Cars.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 11:33   #588
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Came across a new Fiat exclusive dealership coming up in Raipur, Chhattisgarh.
The name "L R Autos" was written on the board. But saw a different name in the Fiat website.
It would deal with Sales, Service and Spares. Work is going on in the showroom and I have no idea when it will start. However, will certainly try to collect some information next time I visit Raipur and will update accordingly.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 11:47   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

Krishna, any idea when the service center will be open?
Sometime in March. Apparently, Tata has strictly warned Prerana motors not to entertain any Fiats in their Kudlu gate service center post March. Krishna can confirm.

Aadya Motors showroom is small and Prerana's seems to be big. Looks like Prerana is betting on more models in the future, and Aadya isn't?
carrerastrax is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 11:55   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
Sometime in March. Apparently, Tata has strictly warned Prerana motors not to entertain any Fiats in their Kudlu gate service center post March. Krishna can confirm.

Aadya Motors showroom is small and Prerana's seems to be big. Looks like Prerana is betting on more models in the future, and Aadya isn't?
I perceive that Prerana motors is taking it up big to be ready when the actual hike in volumes/models happen. May be Aadya wants to do it in stages and the same case with KHT. I would not be surprised if Prerana/Vecto motors look out for a second showroom once this goes operational.

TATA is strict only in restricting its partners operations, than actually supporting it. Cannot expect better support from such a partner. The accessories and warranty approvals are difficult to obtain for FIAT as it is simply kept by sidelines by TATA. Post March/April, the scenario should change.

Regarding the service, the new center should be operational by then. There is no headache of shifting anything as new equipment and tools would go into the new service center.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 4th February 2013 at 11:57.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 12:40   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
... The accessories and warranty approvals are difficult to obtain for FIAT as it is simply kept by sidelines by TATA. Post March/April, the scenario should change...
I have read many posts appreciating warranty replacements and that's exactly what I have seen with my friend's Linea too. They simply replace the part without even the customer pointing out and hand over a zero bill saying it was replaced under warranty.

One reason I felt very comfortable with Fiat. And this was at Concorde, Cochin which is a TATA subsidiary.
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:02   #592
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have read many posts appreciating warranty replacements
In May 2011, FIAT replaced two of my Linea's bent alloys by new ones under 50% warranty as a goodwill gesture after 22 k km as detailed here even though Dairy Circle Concorde rejected my request. Earlier, during the first servicing of my Linea at Dairy Circle Concorde, they replaced under warranty LINK-FRT STAB SHF-2 Nos. [suspension link rod] and R/R LOWER LINK BALL JOINT free of cost without my asking for it. The details are here.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th February 2013 at 13:16.
J.Ravi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:24   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have read many posts appreciating warranty replacements and that's exactly what I have seen with my friend's Linea too. They simply replace the part without even the customer pointing out and hand over a zero bill saying it was replaced under warranty.

One reason I felt very comfortable with Fiat. And this was at Concorde, Cochin which is a TATA subsidiary.
Yes, the replacements were easy earlier. However, after the news of the dealership separating, things have started to go so slow in terms of getting approvals. There unnecessary delays being created for whatever reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
In May 2011, FIAT replaced two of my Linea's bent alloys by new ones under 50% warranty as a goodwill gesture after 22 k km as detailed here even though Dairy Circle Concorde rejected my request. Earlier, during the first servicing of my Linea at Dairy Circle Concorde, they replaced under warranty LINK-FRT STAB SHF-2 Nos. [suspension link rod] and R/R LOWER LINK BALL JOINT free of cost without my asking for it. The details are here.
Concorde is least bothered to service/repair any Fiat cars. They have gone very slow on Fiat cars starting from November last year.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:32   #594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the replacements were easy earlier. However, after the news of the dealership separating, things have started to go so slow in terms of getting approvals. There unnecessary delays being created for whatever reasons.

Concorde is least bothered to service/repair any Fiat cars. They have gone very slow on Fiat cars starting from November last year.
Ohh, so these issues are very recent ones. Whatever be, it's totally unprofessional from TATA. All these with them getting much better benefits out of the JV. I still believe that Fiat had almost no benefit from the tie up, but probably gave away a lot to TATA in terms of technology, their facilities, mechanical parts, paint shops & the likes..
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:39   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ohh, so these issues are very recent ones. Whatever be, it's totally unprofessional from TATA. All these with them getting much better benefits out of the JV. I still believe that Fiat had almost no benefit from the tie up, but probably gave away a lot to TATA in terms of technology, their facilities, mechanical parts, paint shops & the likes..
Yes, these are from the recent past. So of easy go attitude towards the parts and accessories procurement too is happening

I had written to the FIAT guys for the illuminated door sills for my Linea. Though it was out of FIAT stocks inventory in a day, it took 2 weeks to arrive to Prerana Motors. The Bangalore division of TATA motors were least bothered. It was really commendable from Prerana Motors SA Karthik and Accessories guy Mansoor to get hold of this. Else it would have taken its own sweet time to arrive at the dealership.

Anyways, hope all these instances are a thing of the past. With Vecto Motors, I know they are already making a comprehensive list of parts that they will be stocking once the new service center goes operational.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:44   #596
BHPian

Quote:
I beg to differ, Concorde Kochi is very keen on servicing Fiat cars, in fact I got my Punto's 30k km service done at Concorde Kochi 2 weeks back. 30k being a major service I was a bit apprehensive about spare availability. But all spares were readily available. They even changed the hand brake lever under warranty since it was a bit loose. All in all I am very happy with Concorde when compared to other dealers in Kerala (RF, Mohandas and Kulathungal). But the sad part is Concorde will take care of Fiats only till September 2013.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:49   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I beg to differ, Concorde Kochi is very keen on servicing Fiat cars, in fact I got my Punto's 30k km service done at Concorde Kochi 2 weeks back. 30k being a major service I was a bit apprehensive about spare availability. But all spares were readily available. They even changed the hand brake lever under warranty since it was a bit loose. All in all I am very happy with Concorde when compared to other dealers in Kerala (RF, Mohandas and Kulathungal). But the sad part is Concorde will take care of Fiats only till September 2013.
Concorde, the name brought up here is in reference to Bangalore City only. I have no experience with Concorde Centers of other Cities. Hope this makes it clear.

The Concorde Mysore road is the lousiest of the lot in Bangalore. Absolutely no interest to do any work, the reason cited is delay in procuring spares.

In Bangalore Aadya and Prerana motors have decent parts stock level, KHT is a mixed bag with respect to spare parts availability.
Old 4th February 2013, 17:42   #598
BHPian

Quote:
I concur with this. I had to give my car for 30k servicing in November and tried for an appointment with Concorde, but they had a slot only after 15 days. Tried Prerana and got an appointment 5 days from my call. The only reason I tried Concorde was because of Mr. Vittal, who's a very competent service advisor and also, since I bought my vehicle from them. Anyways, Mr Surendra from Prerana is equally good in handling Fiats.

Concorde did call me in December and asked me why I shifted to Prerana. :-)

I enquired why Concorde didn't take the dealership of Fiat. I learned that Concorde, dairy circle (India HQ for Concorde) did apply for dealerships across the four southern states, but only Bangalore was approved by Fiat. They decided not to pursue it anymore.
carrerastrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 19:28   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
I never knew that the Punto 2012 model had auto headlight facility, as shown in the site. However, Punto owners can tell better.
Its not auto headlamps, its follow me home.
It was present since 2009

Name:  ForumRunner_20130204_193202.png
Views: 895
Size:  285.3 KB

One question:
The address of the new mekhri circle showroom looks like aadya motors but in the website its mentioned as ebony motors

Name:  ForumRunner_20130204_194048.png
Views: 663
Size:  281.0 KB

Can anyone tell me if they are different or same or a website mistake
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 20:44   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One question:
The address of the new mekhri circle showroom looks like aadya motors but in the website its mentioned as ebony motors

Can anyone tell me if they are different or same or a website mistake
Aadya Motors business/Legal name is Ebony Motors Pvt Ltd and hence you see the Ebony name on the Fiat Website. It may be that they are trying to differentiate between Aadya Tata division and Fiat division.