Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st March 2013, 09:46   #646
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Mysore is also getting an exclusive Fiat showroom by URS KAR, the current Tata Fiat dealer. I see a lot of Fiat's in Mysore, especially Punto's and from our personal experience URS KAR service is quite good.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 12:12   #647
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Mysore is also getting an exclusive Fiat showroom by URS KAR, the current Tata Fiat dealer. I see a lot of Fiat's in Mysore, especially Punto's and from our personal experience URS KAR service is quite good.
URS Cars is jus about ok (about a year back) was with my friend for a test drive. They had got a test drive vehicle which was in the worst possible state. If they have improved, well and good as they have a big market to cover and have monopoly unlike Bangalore which is gettind 3 dealerships.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 15:36   #648
BHPian

Fiat has opened their own service centre in Pune, Dapodi. Many fiat owners were elated with the news and quite rightly so. However, I am hearing so many bad reviews about this centre that it makes me think what is the use of running away from Tata-Fiat JV if the same shoddy service (if not worse) persists. I heard from few punto owners that they were probably better of with Tata-Fiat service centres. This is very unfortunate, especially when the place is so near to the Ranjangaon production facility. Why are you so averse to a better servicing job Fiat?

I was so impressed after driving the Punto sports that, I was thinking of selling my 3 month old Liva diesel and go for Punto. But with the kind of ASS reports, I will have to think ten time before taking the plunge.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 23:47   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody attending the Vecto Motors opening ceremony on the 2nd March 2013? I am sure shot attending the event.

Mr. Enrico and Ravi Bhatia are to be present for the inauguration.
Old 2nd March 2013, 03:46   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Anybody attending the Vecto Motors opening ceremony on the 2nd March 2013? I am sure shot attending the event.

Any invitation needed? Where is it located, and what time is the launch scheduled?

Edit: Got the details. A little early for my convenience (Just got back from office at 3.30 AM). Will inform if I can make it.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 2nd March 2013 at 03:50.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:07   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Aadya's Fiat showroom is also formally getting inaugurated today, at 3.30 PM. Saw this invitation on their FB page:
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-aadya1.jpg
sandsun7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:41   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting a few snaps from the inauguration of Vecto Motors today.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20130302_145600-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20130302_143328-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20130302_143814-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1096-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1097-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1102-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1104-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1105-copy.jpg

Name:  IMG_1106 Copy.JPG
Views: 1312
Size:  255.7 KB

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1110-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1112-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1115-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1117-copy.jpg

Name:  IMG_1133 Copy.JPG
Views: 1304
Size:  295.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1136 Copy.JPG
Views: 1357
Size:  295.2 KB

Name:  IMG_1137 Copy.JPG
Views: 1348
Size:  291.5 KB

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1154-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1151-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1150-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1161-copy.jpg
nkrishnap is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:00   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

I went past Vecto at around 2pm after finishing work(compensating for the bandh)
But was in a hurry to drop someone to the airport.
While returning from the airport I paused in front of Aadya at around 5pm.
Didn't find any action and hence continued.

Both the showrooms opened today in Bangalore looks good.
Vecto is bigger than Aadya and the vintage fiat is a nice touch to the showroom.

I'm now hoping that the A.S.S is as good as the showrooms.
The real test is when cars starts going in for service
Although Tata service culture cannot be eliminated completely, I'm just crossing my fingers that its not so much so that people are dissatisfied.

The cars deserve more than 200 a month; atleast one '0' more to the right.

All the beat Fiat for your nth attempt.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:08   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Posting a few snaps from the inauguration of Vecto Motors today.
Like that white punto with red mirrors. Was it good looking in person? I'm talking about only having the mirrors red, and not the sports decals.

Will be booking service appointment with Prerana motors for next Saturday. Half mind to get the mirrors painted, to hide those scratches.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:25   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Like that white punto with red mirrors. Was it good looking in person? I'm talking about only having the mirrors red, and not the sports decals.

Will be booking service appointment with Prerana motors for next Saturday. Half mind to get the mirrors painted, to hide those scratches.
Yes, the white punto with the red mirrors looked good in person. You could get it painted red, it will enhance the looks as well as helps in getting rid of the scratches.

May be give the car a look in person and then decide to get the mirrors painted.
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:37   #656
BHPian

Here's a video of the inauguration

speed kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 06:38   #657
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, the white punto with the red mirrors looked good in person. You could get it painted red, it will enhance the looks as well as helps in getting rid of the scratches.

May be give the car a look in person and then decide to get the mirrors painted.
And get calipers painted red as well :-)
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 07:26   #658
BHPian

Adding a few pics here. I was smitten by the 1950 500. What a car! The owner drove it down from Yelahanka :-)

The car gives 18kmpl and does 60kmph - even today it would make a great city car!

The car had MRF whitewall tyres, interiors were spartan... Lovely machine!
Attached Images

Last edited by autocrat : 5th March 2013 at 07:30.
autocrat is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 09:27   #659
BHPian

While lot of Fiat exclusive dealerships are coming up down south, situation here in Mumbai seems to be different.
Came across this ad in DNA Mumbai today.

Fiat is still looking for dealers for Mumbai.

I understand there is no news for Navi Mumbai dealership as well.

Also, not sure why they are publicising their failure to get a dealer on board through a newspaper ad.
They can quietly approach prospective parties.
Attached Images

S.MJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2013, 11:04   #660
BHPian

So with all these fiat showrooms opening across India...does it mean that the spare part availability of Palios and other older fiats like Sienna/Petras will get a fresh lease of life too? If not, then I think they should have commented on it. There are so many people who have incurred a huge depreciation by going for Palios and Sienna a decade back. Fiat should comment something on that situation. It'll build tremendous credibility for them.
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote