Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th April 2013, 16:09   #871
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New Fiat Linea T-Jet launching today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Why did they even bother re launching this car? A better option for a re launch would have been with a more capable diesel engine. This will help with the sales of this car. A petrol engine is not going to appeal to the masses.
I agree with you,they should launch 1.6L MJD first.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 10th April 2013 at 16:11.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 16:37   #872
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Whats the point in splitting up and then giving the dealership to the same clowns who held the reins previously?
If I would not buy from Pandit Auto (Tata + Fiat), why would I buy from Pandit Auto (Fiat).

Am I missing something here? Is it that difficult to find a decent dealership or to ensure they work effectively?

Last edited by selfdrive : 10th April 2013 at 16:39.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 16:45   #873
Team-BHP Support

As per what I read somewhere the 1.6MJD was slated for 2014. Don't know how far that is true though.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 16:49   #874
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As per what I read somewhere the 1.6MJD was slated for 2014. Don't know how far that is true though.
Very true, the current Linea (read as classic) will not get the 1.6 MJD. If it does then the new generation Linea's USP is already diluted. The new generation will come with 1.4 Tjet and 1.6 MJD with no lower spec engines from the current lot.

Unless they make these engines here, the pricing will be on the higher side.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 09:57   #875
BHPian

gaadi.com claims Fiat Bravo will be launched:
Hatchback Manual Midsize
Expected Launch Date :18th September 2013
Expected Price : Rs 5.50 L - 6.50 L

And Panda in November. Punto facelift in July. Linea in Sept. Any new info on this?
coolkurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 10:05   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Hatchback Manual Midsize
Bravo at 5.50L to 6.50L? At less than Punto's current price? I might as well look out for pigs flying on 18th September 2013

Is there any info on the Fiat press conference held yesterday. Judging by the lack of news coverage, I guess no new/refreshed launches were announced.
StarrySky is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 10:25   #877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hatchback Manual Midsize

And Panda in November. Punto facelift in July. Linea in Sept. Any new info on this?
That piece of news is rubbish as FIAT themselves have mentioned what they will be launching and when.

I think gaadi website is launching these products on FIAT's behalf.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 11:37   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Hatchback Manual Midsize

Funniest news ever... Bravo below 10Lac.... I think we should not even post such jokes in our forum, just ignore them..
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 11:48   #879
BHPian

Fiat India has officially gone solo. The Italian automaker has held an event in Mumbai, which is a brand announcement and not a product launch as believed earlier.
  • Fiat’s focus will be on dealership expansion and today the company has 51 exclusive showrooms, which will double by March 2014.
  • The company will guarantee peace of mind to the customers with 24 hour on demand roadside assistance and a new 24 x 7 call centre (with the option of 9 regional languages).
  • Service is being improved and genuine spare parts will be readily available at competitive prices.
  • Service centres will be state of the art with trained technicians and service advisors.
  • Mobile service car will be available with all Fiat dealers.
  • A new technical centre has been opened to train technicians.
  • A 60,000 square feet world class spare parts warehouse has been opened, to ensure spares are in stock at all times.
  • This will also help to optimise the supply chain.
Source: http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/fiat/f...-on-customers/

Overall, its good news for all the proud fiat owners.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 13:27   #880
BHPian

I think one major announcement yesterday was the new warranty and extended warranty period. Standard is now 3 years/1lakh kms and extended 5 years/1.5
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 14:10   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I think one major announcement yesterday was the new warranty and extended warranty period. Standard is now 3 years/1lakh kms and extended 5 years/1.5
Will this be extended to existing customers who are under warranty period as of now.
S.MJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 14:37   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
  • Service centres will be state of the art with trained technicians and service advisors.
  • A new technical centre has been opened to train technicians.
I hope they do this soon.

A friend of mine recently gave his Linea for service at the newly opened Hyson Motors service centre in Cochin. He had complained of steering wobble at speeds >80kmph. The issue remained unfixed after service. He gave the feedback during the feedback call and the SA called back. The SA gave an excuse that they are authorized to fix issues occurring only at speeds <70kmph Maybe he thought he could get away because the legal speed limit on highways in Kerala is 70kmph. My friend raised a complaint through the Fiat website and now the dealer has given him a call asking him to bring the car in to fix the issue.
StarrySky is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 16:01   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I hope they do this soon.

The SA gave an excuse that they are authorized to fix issues occurring only at speeds <70kmph
Now that takes the cake for being the most ridiculous SA response - ever!!! I hope that the clown gets fired for this nonsense.

On a serious note though, I seriously hope (& pray) that FIAT gets third time lucky. I've been planning to upgrade from my Palio Sport to a Punto Sport for a quite while now. FIAT are you listening??!!!
MaddyCrew is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 22:23   #884
BHPian

As per earlier reports of fiat media hype on 1 april then 10th now just got to know thats its gonna happen on 13th

Fiat dealerships and service facilities are impressive and there plans are big but the pace is too slow

Lets c if tortoise wins the race in this turnaround
namit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 12:18   #885
BHPian

Guys the T-Jet is Back!! Now T-Jet available from Dynamic Model and Engine has also been improvised for more mileage.. Now it stands at 15.7Kmpl and Peak power 114@5000 RPM now..
Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote