Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th October 2013, 21:59   #976
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Did my 3rd Service at Skymoto-Akurdi, Pune. Fantastic experience. Service cost Rs. 5379/- was surprisingly less than 2nd service Rs 6350/- which was done at (now closed) Millenium Drive-Dapodi-Pune. Though the wheel alignment is on the higher side I prefer it's better be done by the manufacturer equipment rather than cheap aligners.

What I liked about Fiat exclusive service so far is they don't do that irritating blabber mouth like the Maruti SA. Point to Point work and professionalism. Get the feeling of Valet parking

Maintenance cost has been truthfully lower than competition (Maruti Swift *touchwood* ) with long service intervals of 15K KMs!!!

Thank you Fiat for the peace of mind so far !
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-skymoto.jpg  

Last edited by samigo : 9th October 2013 at 22:12.
samigo is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 23:30   #977
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by samigo View Post
Did my 3rd Service at Skymoto-Akurdi, Pune. Fantastic experience.
I just have one query: the manual says, 24 months or 60k kms, which ever is earlier, you also need to change gear oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, coolant, etc. Did you choose not to do it or did the FIAT ASS not recommend it? I distinctly remember having seen bills uploaded here, which mention these items being replaced. Kindly check.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 9th October 2013 at 23:31.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 07:27   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
I just have one query: the manual says, 24 months or 60k kms, which ever is earlier, you also need to change gear oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, coolant, etc. Did you choose not to do it or did the FIAT ASS not recommend it? I distinctly remember having seen bills uploaded here, which mention these items being replaced. Kindly check.
Hi

3rd service is at 30k km not 60k. Fiat ASS did not recommend. I did check the fluid levels to be at normal levels. So they just topped up. Next service is at 45k kms.
samigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 08:48   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Did my 3rd Service at Skymoto-Akurdi, Pune. Fantastic experience.

Thank you Fiat for the peace of mind so far !
Thanks a ton samigo for the update. My Punto is due for 60K kms servicing and was thinking of giving it to Sky Moto. Your update has come just at the right time.
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 09:02   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Thanks a ton samigo for the update. My Punto is due for 60K kms servicing and was thinking of giving it to Sky Moto. Your update has come just at the right time.
I was thinking if the TeamBHP sticker on my car makes some difference. Most of them know this strong auto community
Old 10th October 2013, 09:23   #981
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking if the TeamBHP sticker on my car makes some difference. Most of them know this strong auto community
You bet it does. Basically when they see the sticker, it's "assumed" that this nut knows something about cars. Also, there will be no fooling around w.r.t "Saar, ye change karna padega, wo change karna padega".

This reminds me, slightly OT, but related. Couple of months back, I had taken my wife's Activa to Sterling Honda for it's 1st free service. The odometer reading was absymally low at 40 (had to give for servicing as 1st schedule is xx kms or 1 month, whichever is earlier). The SA tells me "Saar, engine oil change karna padega". I was like and flatly refused. Since that day, I am thinking how much money these guys might be minting by fooling customers and inflating service bills.
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 17:20   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

3rd service is at 30k km not 60k. Fiat ASS did not recommend. I did check the fluid levels to be at normal levels. So they just topped up. Next service is at 45k kms.
You need to replace all the fluids every 24 months or 60k kms which ever is earlier. The service manual of Punto states this clearly
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 17:30   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did my 3rd Service at Skymoto-Akurdi, Pune. Fantastic experience. Service cost Rs. 5379/- was surprisingly less than 2nd service Rs 6350/- which was done at (now closed) Millenium Drive-Dapodi-Pune.
From what I read in TFI, selenia engine oil price has dropped from 1900 to 1500 for 3.2 liters very recently.

Cost of OEM alloys also down to around 7k from 10k.

Cost of filters etc have gone up.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 10th October 2013 at 17:31.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2013, 19:12   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
You need to replace all the fluids every 24 months or 60k kms which ever is earlier. The service manual of Punto states this clearly
Yes, point taken and verified. They didn't recommend it. All fluid levels are normal. Engine oil color was pale and not black which usually happens with used diesel engine oil. Also, any dealer would want to make fat bills though i will drop a mail directly with Fiat customer support now.
Old 10th October 2013, 20:31   #985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, point taken and verified. They didn't recommend it. All fluid levels are normal. Engine oil color was pale and not black which usually happens with used diesel engine oil. Also, any dealer would want to make fat bills though i will drop a mail directly with Fiat customer support now.
Samigo: get the recommended fluids like PS Oil, brake fluid, coolant and geabox oil replaced as per the 24 month recommendation. Else, you will risk voiding warranty for anything that can be related to these items.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 10:03   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Samigo: get the recommended fluids like PS Oil, brake fluid, coolant and geabox oil replaced as per the 24 month recommendation. Else, you will risk voiding warranty for anything that can be related to these items.
Im not worried about the warranty thing since its fiat authorised service center and I have the bill. But yes, surely looking into the fluid replacement. Maybe they kept it for 4th paid service with labour charge
Old 14th November 2013, 13:23   #987
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Three new Fiat dealerships coming up @ Mumbai:

Torrid Motors, Andheri
Esskay Motors, Prabhadevi
Balaji Motors, Navi Mumbai
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 13:56   #988
BHPian

Balaji Navi Mumbai service center is already up and running since last more than 2 months. Visited them twice, in Sep for replacing faulty rear power window and last week for wheel bearing replacement.

On both occasions parts were available & were replaced under warranty without any hassles.

Showroom is coming up at Uran Phata, near Bhavna Ford showroom.
S.MJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 12:07   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Torrid Motors, Andheri
Very strange name that "Torrid". Hope the service offered does not live up to it's name!

Anyway, recently had a nasty dash with a lady in Duster in a maddening who crashed my LHS OVRM. I was worried that I wallet if going to be lighter by about 1-2K and wasn't sure if the OVRM would be available in stock. Went to Pandit Bavdhan next morning and showed it to SA. He said that I don't need to replace the entire assembly. Only fit a new Cap, Mirror and get it painted.. and that's it!! Parts were available, and got them fixed in next 10 mins. Total cost Rs. 314/- !! Good job!

Last edited by dmplog : 15th November 2013 at 12:08. Reason: added details
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 20:37   #990
BHPian

Post Re: Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Three new Fiat dealerships coming up @ Mumbai:

Torrid Motors, Andheri
Esskay Motors, Prabhadevi
Balaji Motors, Navi Mumbai
The inauguration of these showrooms brings Fiat’s nationwide tally of independent showrooms up to 90. Broken down, these are 7 dealerships in the east, 22 in the west, 37 in the north and 24 in the south.

Fiat plans to have 10 more exclusive dealerships by the end of 2013.

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ai-364668.aspx
Kratos453 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote