Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th October 2016, 20:31   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti looking at Swift Sport for India

It could be a sticker job on current Swift, to maintain healthy sale before the new one hits showrooms.
One thing Maruti aims at is mass selling products, so I doubt they will bring it here.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2016, 23:06   #32
BHPian

I still remember how the Swift RS in India looked.

This is not even a news until they really bring something here. We have been discussing about the actual Swift Sport for years now.
DieselAddikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 08:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Although I feel the news might finally be right, I doubt the engine choices mentioned here.
The Standard next Gen swift will be most likely with the 1.0L boosterjet engine.

To differentiate the Swift Sport from the Baleno RS, the 1.4L boosterjet which is the international offering ( speculated) is likely to be offered in India too at a pricing higher than the Baleno RS.

Also a few months back it was rumored the Vitara would come to India in the Vitara S avatar.
Going forward and when their plans are to go to premium and bigger segemnts it makes sense to localize the boosterjet engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
One thing Maruti aims at is mass selling products, so I doubt they will bring it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
We have been discussing about the actual Swift Sport for years now.
When the Baleno RS is offered ( upcoming launch) why not the Swift Sport?
The Indian market is now a bit more mature where Premium Hatch and performance hatches are commanding healthy sales figures being spoken of. The hot hatch segment is still nascent with Polo GTI and Fiat leading the way. This segment is expected to grow and Maruti seem to be looking at this opportunity and leading this segment too.

Also since the New Swift is speculated to be built in India for Global markets, like the Baleno, so it would not incur additional cost in the assembly line ( tooling, etc).
The engine, until localized will be the cost dampener but I guess Maruti Suzuki has plans for localization of the boosterjet series for the Indian market.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote