Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 19:27   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,096
Thanked: 733 Times
Exclamation Re: WARNING: Chennai & Bangalore run short of diesel

Reading through the entire thread, I think it is seriously time to think about investing 25k-30k in a good bicycle for daily office commutes less than 10kms.

Looking at the way they are increasing petrol prices, I think in the near future; the diesel prices are also going to skyrocket. But whats the idea behind increasing only petrol prices again and again and not touching diesel prices in a major way??
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 19:38   #62
BHPian
 
PatchyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 822
Thanked: 1,189 Times
Default Re: WARNING: Chennai & Bangalore run short of diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Reading through the entire thread, I think it is seriously time to think about investing 25k-30k in a good bicycle for daily office commutes less than 10kms.
Not a bad idea. I cycle to work - 17 kms one way - 3 to 4 days a week. Trust me, once you get used to it, it is actually fun and faster than a car, given the current traffic conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Looking at the way they are increasing petrol prices, I think in the near future; the diesel prices are also going to skyrocket. But whats the idea behind increasing only petrol prices again and again and not touching diesel prices in a major way??
Already being hotly discussed here and here (Fuel Pricing in India. Detailed Robbery Analysis.).

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 15:42   #63
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 10,068
Thanked: 15,606 Times
Default Re: WARNING: Chennai & Bangalore run short of diesel

Quote:
Singed by a severe fuel crisis over six sweltering days, the city on Tuesday finally saw hope arrive by sea, with two tankers carrying diesel and petrol docking at the Chennai port on Tuesday and a third set to steam in on Wednesday.

Oil tankers arrive with fuel, crisis in Chennai set to end today - The Times of India
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 15:50   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,581
Thanked: 823 Times
Default Re: WARNING: Chennai & Bangalore run short of diesel

Since the production was normal, what led to the shortage? Did demand increase (generators?) or Madam or someone devised a way of creating shortage in Bengaluru getting diesel from there
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 16:41   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,743
Thanked: 2,875 Times
Default Re: WARNING: Chennai & Bangalore run short of diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Since the production was normal, what led to the shortage? Did demand increase (generators?) or Madam or someone devised a way of creating shortage in Bengaluru getting diesel from there
I think availability became an issue because the refineries in Chennai were shut down for maintenance.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 17:15   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,851
Thanked: 631 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: WARNING: Chennai & Bangalore run short of diesel

So is the chennai shortage over for now ?

I will be driving down to chennai tomorrow and might need refill during return
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 17:28   #67
BHPian
 
arvind71181's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TN-14
Posts: 781
Thanked: 797 Times
Default Re: WARNING: Chennai & Bangalore run short of diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
So is the chennai shortage over for now ?

I will be driving down to chennai tomorrow and might need refill during return
Yes, there is no shortage now and all the bunks are back to normal operations
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GQ Run II (Golden Quadrilateral Run II) arindamray Travelogues 327 6th August 2013 00:00
Vishal Shah, A life cut short (Hit & Run Victim) turbochrgd Street Experiences 8 26th July 2013 15:12
Short run to Chikka Tirupati arindamray Travelogues 13 6th February 2010 09:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks