Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th September 2012, 14:05   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does Figo still carry the VFM tag among the Diesel cars?

Even without negotiating, BLR dealers are throwing in around 26k for EXI and above plus free seat covers, car cover, mats, mudflaps etc. Select corporates (mainly large groups like the Tatas, IBM etc) have a further 10k.

So a total of 36k odd cash discount plus 'free' accessories of around 5k more. However, even after all this, the Ford showroom was empty!
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 14:11   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Few more points from my side:
  • Excellent after sales support
  • Zero niggles in the car. Bullet proof reliability
  • Amazing *FIAT* snob value + Astronimically high resale value in the used car market

These
Good to see atleast a few who think so.

Atleast in my case it was different with regard to the first 2 points.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 13:52   #153
BHPian

Wink Re: Does Figo still carry the VFM tag among the Diesel cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Why is Micra Dci isnt discussed ? XV is the top end model isnt it ? Plus it also has a fresh looks, its fuel efficient and Nissan is really making their base strong in India.

I believe the Top End XV variant doesn't come with ABS / EBD, which is one of the major points when comparing mid to higher end versions of a Model. I may be wrong though.
vineet@bulbule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 16:53   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet@bulbule View Post
I believe the Top End XV variant doesn't come with ABS / EBD, which is one of the major points when comparing mid to higher end versions of a Model. I may be wrong though.
Yes, It doesn't comes with ABS/EBD, Plus I guess XV dci doesn't have passenger airbag, It comes with driver airbag only ( correct me if i am wrong )

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 23:21   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Can I know how you checked the sheet metal thickness?
With my hands and feel obviously. Dont tell me you use callipers???
arnetheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 22:06   #156
BHPian

Default Figo has VFM - is it true ?

After reading lot of threads in various forums I have finalized to go for figo D titanium but have doubt about it's resale value.

Is it worth to buy it ? .. keeping in mind the value we will get after 4-5 year if plan to upgrade .

I am not that sure about it but know that certainly it has less resale value than Swift , amaze, grand i10 but then it also come cheaper than these. But where this all settles in terms of net value for money

I know I am thinking too much but as a biker I am feeling very tough to spend bucks on car hence checking all aspects
thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 02:36   #157
BANNED

Default Re: Figo has VFM - is it true ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
After reading lot of threads in various forums I have finalized to go for figo D titanium but have doubt about it's resale value.

Is it worth to buy it ? .. keeping in mind the value we will get after 4-5 year if plan to upgrade .
If not interms of resale, but in terms of ownership, driving pleasure, initial years ownership & service costs(Figo owners please correct me if i'm wrong) it'll make it feel worth the money spend. However heard that its fuel efficiency is relatively less in order of 16-18kmpl than Swift or Dzire which gives 20+kmpl quite easily.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 08:42   #158
Team-BHP Support

A couple of years ago it was definitely VFM. When I picked up my Figo Titanium diesel it was just 30K more than the Swift VDi. For the extra 30K I got ABS, airbags, audio system with bluetooth and a bunch of other features.

I sold the car last week after 3.5 years. I had bought for 6.45 and sold it for 4.45. If that was a swift VDi I would have been able to sell it for a lakh more atleast. If you consider resale there is nothing better than the Maruti's. The Swift will get much more in resale than the Figo.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 09:14   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I sold the car last week after 3.5 years. I had bought for 6.45 and sold it for 4.45. If that was a swift VDi I would have been able to sell it for a lakh more atleast.
If I will get same price (range i.e 4+) post 3 years, I still consider as good VFM since it also comes cheaper now at 6.3 on road. And yes, Swift cannot give the ride quality and boot space that FIGO offers.

If I feel this car a bit under powered on highways then RaceChip might be helpful (sorry offtopic but somewhat related to VFM )
Old 20th May 2014, 09:19   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
If I will get same price (range i.e 4+) post 3 years, I still consider as good VFM since it also comes cheaper now at 6.3 on road
Sorry I should have clarified. 6.45 is on road Bangalore in 2010. The current on road price in Bangalore is 7.4 lakhs.

Prices have not become cheaper but gone up substantially. In 2010 Figo Diesel was around 5.5 on road in Delhi.

Also, buying now means that selling 3-4 years down the line will not be easy. It will be discontinued by then and replaced by the new Figo.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th May 2014 at 09:22.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 12:52   #161
Senior - BHPian

I'd still say the Figo is a good package, although a little dated. If you are looking for a drivers car with ABS / Airbags, even today it is hard to look past the value of the Figo Titanium. The competition is easily 70 - 80 k more expensive.
fiat_tarun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 13:14   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Also, buying now means that selling 3-4 years down the line will not be easy. It will be discontinued by then and replaced by the new Figo.
Precisely this is the dilemma I am facing

Want to wait for Bolt but given the history of TATA not sure should I invest in BOLT . I already fed up with niggling issues on current Indica

Anyway I am trying to get a used amaze VX MT now , not easy to get but lets see. Decided to wait till May end. else FIGO is the way. I cant buy swift only to get great resale in future and to ruin present choice.

Help let me the cost of ownership for a an Amaze
Old 20th May 2014, 13:55   #163
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the Figo is still decent value-for-money, despite it getting a bit old now. The ride, handling & steering combination is its trump card and the facelift seems to have remedied weaknesses (such as poor headlamp illumination and the underbody scraping large speed breakers).

Although the diesel's drivability is very good, both engines could have been better (as the chassis is capable of handling more power). The diesel should have also been equipped with hydraulic engine mounts.

The facelifted ZXI variants seem to be equipped with a very useful driver airbag and electrically adjustable wing mirrors, according to the Figo brochure. However, the website states the opposite!

Does someone know for sure if the facelifted ZXI variants get these two features? If yes, the ZXI is also a good deal (in addition to the Titanium).
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 14:07   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post

The facelifted ZXI variants seem to be equipped with a very useful driver airbag and electrically adjustable wing mirrors, according to the Figo brochure. However, the website states the opposite!

Does someone know for sure if the facelifted ZXI variants get these two features? If yes, the ZXI is also a good deal (in addition to the Titanium).
Yup, after the NCAP tests on indian cars, the ZXi got upgraded with driver airbag.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 14:57   #165
BHPian

Buying this one now would not be a wise idea. Sales have gotten down to a trickle and a replacement is on the cards. The resale will take a massive hit as well.
needforspeed88 is offline   Reply With Quote