Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th September 2012, 14:29   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Does Figo still carry the VFM tag among the Diesel cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I guess you forgot to mention....
Few more points from my side:
  • Excellent after sales support
  • Zero niggles in the car. Bullet proof reliability
  • Amazing *FIAT* snob value + Astronimically high resale value in the used car market

These
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 15:57   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels

Few more points from my side:

[*]Excellent after sales support[*]Zero niggles in the car. Bullet proof reliability[*]Amazing *FIAT* snob value + Astronimically high resale value in the used car market

These
Hmm.. I beg to differ with you there. Except perhaps for the after-sales support, I believe the Figo really can match up to the Fiat in the last two. Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention the exemplary plastics.
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 16:53   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi

Are you sure about the Fiesta hatch being released? I've been waiting for it for more than a year, and yet there is no news. Can you please share when they are going to release it?

This the latest Fiesta test mule running around Chennai and I still did not get repky from Ford insider on the expected launch. Came to know that its 1.5L Duratorq and only comes in Titanium version.
Attached Images

Last edited by HighOctane : 7th September 2012 at 16:55.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 18:07   #124
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the encouraging news of the Fiesta hatch. If it is really going to make a debut by this year end,then I shall eagerly wait for it. I was thinking of going for the new Figo in November, but the Fiesta hatch would certainly be a lot more inspiring.

By the way, the ex-showroom price of the Figo Tdci Titanium is now up by Rs 16000 from August, 2012. It is now 6.09 lakhs approximately, up from 5.93 a few months ago. A year ago it was 5.6 lakhs. I don't know what the price of the new Figo will be in November, but Ford had better watch out and refrain from further hikes, lest they lose their VFM tag.

Unless the Swift has also seen a price increase, the gap between the Titanium and the zdi is narrowing with passage of time.

Last edited by vnabhi : 7th September 2012 at 18:08.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 18:28   #125
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone mention that the Figo diesel is ALSO one of the most driveable diesel cars available in the market?? I'd say, not even the Micra/Pulse OR the Beat can match it in terms of it's Petrol like qualities. I'd rather not say much about the MultiJet line of engines that have started making me puke with their sudden wave of torque and (more) lag than the Figo.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 18:43   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
...By the way, the ex-showroom price of the Figo Tdci Titanium is now up by Rs 16000 from August, 2012. It is now 6.09 lakhs approximately, up from 5.93 a few months ago. A year ago it was 5.6 lakhs. I don't know what the price of the new Figo will be in November, but Ford had better watch out and refrain from further hikes, lest they lose their VFM tag
I guess this price hike happened few months back. Here's the Price List as on April 12:

Does Figo still carry the VFM tag among the Diesel cars?-pl.png
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 18:57   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unless the Swift has also seen a price increase, the gap between the Titanium and the zdi is narrowing with passage of time.
It is imperative that the political leaders are busy in sucking every drop of blood from the public. The petrol prices have gone up. The inflation is sky high. What option do car manufactures have?

I think we have taken them for granted that car prices are stable and they wont go up. I guess we will have to adopt to this intermittent price hike. If you look closely the price hike for most cars (Except Figo) is reasonable and justified.

As for VFM tag, I think it has almost lost it.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 22:20   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is now 6.09 lakhs approximately, up from 5.93 a few months ago. A year ago it was 5.6 lakhs.
Hi!

I got mine on 1-1-'11 at an ex-showroom price of Rs. 5.33 IIRC for the Titanium variant.

New Figo being prepared for launch & Fiesta hatch? What the prices would be?

The only place where I honestly feel the Swift scores is the front seats. It is just so comfortable.

I was getting 5.51 as an offer, but resisted, still there is nothing worth considering at the moment.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th September 2012 at 22:21.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2012, 23:16   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The only place where I honestly feel the Swift scores is the front seats. It is just so comfortable.
Figo is a great car but you cant compare it to the ney Swift. The new swift is better than the Figo in all aspect except Handling where I feel Figo has a slight advantage. Or may be I am biased towards its low slung body.

Other than that Swift is miles better. The engine has a lot more grunt. It is more refined. The gearshift is slicker. The interior quality is a lot better and most importantly it looks fresh. The Zdi version has no shortcommings. Yes the Figo may be a bit more spacious, but then there are a lot of equipments missing.

Having said that I think Figo is still the car to but if you dont want a Swift for some reason. The main thing Figo lack is a good powerful refined engine. The 1.5 TCdi can turn the tables. I hope Ford has plans to introduce it in the Figo.
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 00:13   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen
Figo is a great car but you cant compare it to the ney Swift. The new swift is better than the Figo in all aspect except Handling where I feel Figo has a slight advantage.
Cannot say better in all aspects, please see my previous posts in this thread on features wise comparison.

Quote:
Other than that Swift is miles better. The engine has a lot more grunt. It is more refined. The gearshift is slicker. The interior quality is a lot better and most importantly it looks fresh.
Agreed on engine wise as Figo has single overhead camshaft engine and has one camshaft for four cylinders & incorporates 2 valves per cylinder. The one advantage for Sohc is it weighs less and lighter engine & less complicated require less efforts and fewer moving parts to turn one camshaft. Swift has dual overhead camshaft. The main advantage if Dohc is that it incorporates four valve per cylinder, two intakes & two exhausts. Four valves per cylinder allows easy flow of fuel and gases, thus increasing performance at high speeds. Another advantage is that postioning of diesel injectors is at the center of the cylinder which allows efficient burning of fuel& air mixture.

Quote:
The Zdi version has no shortcommings.
Where is the bluetooth connectivity? Boot space just 210 ltrs compared to Figo's 284 ltrs

Quote:
Yes the Figo may be a bit more spacious, but then there are a lot of equipments missing.
Not lot of equipments, just rear power windows, head rest for rear seats. Auto climate controls, but for that you need to pay 1.02 L more for ZDi

Quote:
Having said that I think Figo is still the car to but if you dont want a Swift for some reason.
Yes, I got a reason not to buy swift due to its Braking problems at low rpms. One of the person in MSIL has agreed that New 2011 Swift does not pump sufficient vaccum to the brake boosters at low rpms. So while we reverse or drive in bumper to bumper traffic in half clutch, if brake is pressed 4-5 times, the brakes become very hard and will not brake.

Quote:
The main thing Figo lack is a good powerful refined engine. The 1.5 TCdi can turn the tables. I hope Ford has plans to introduce it in the Figo.
68ps may not be sufficient for 1.4 L engine, but its sufficient with minimum turbo lag and yes its refined engine but not so refined as Swift's. As per Ford insider, code named Mustang101, there is no plans to upgrade Figo's engine. They need to differenciate between Figo hatch and Fiesta Hatch. Fiesta hatch is getting 1.5L and no 1.6 L engines are coming to India. The plans are to introduce small capacity Ecoboost engines, which perform better and are 20% fuel efficient and polluts less.

Last edited by HighOctane : 8th September 2012 at 00:40.
HighOctane is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 10:44   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas

I guess you forgot to mention
1] Much Better Ride Quality
2] Far Less "Thud" / Road Noise
3] Equally good Handling. If not slightly better.
4] Better Bumpers!!
5] Better Headlights for sure
6] Less Under Scrapes
7] A better Engine [debatable]

I hope the FIAT Spa's are able to give customers better ownership experiences. The Indian Car market would be an entirely different ball game if they could manage to do so.
Add steering mounted controls also to the list. Service wise I never had any issues. Now that Fiat is setting their own service centres things will only improve.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 10:46   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane
Yes, I got a reason not to buy swift due to its Braking problems at low rpms. One of the person in MSIL has agreed that New 2011 Swift does not pump sufficient vaccum to the brake boosters at low rpms. So while we reverse or drive in bumper to bumper traffic in half clutch, if brake is pressed 4-5 times, the brakes become very hard and will not brake.
Have you experienced this with the VDi or the ZDi?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 11:27   #133
BHPian

I was considering a diesel hatch and finally got my car in August. After several rounds of TDs, I finally settled for Toyota Liva GD. My personal opinion: Figo and Liva have a tie in this segment. (Didn't consider Swift because of the long waiting list and Ritz was out because of its looks.) I chose Liva simply because it did not have body under scraping issue and had better headlights. Liva is noisier than Figo, but drive quality is at par. Probably the gear shift is smoother.
If you are considering Figo Titanium to Liva GD-SP, probably Titanium is a better buy, but a segment lower, Figo ZXi vs Liva GD, GD would make more sense. I would anyday prefer a car with ABS rather than a music system which can be added any time.
subratasenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 12:43   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
I test drived ZDi and tried moving half clutch and braking 3-4 times, I felt brakes were not that spongy, but it was braking actually. The sales guy was already got irritated when I was explaining him this and with crowed road, did not test one more time.

But the TDed car was ZDi which has bigger brake boosters, same as it was in old swifts. In VDi, the brake boosters are not as big as ZDi's. Hence VDi's may have got braking problems in half clutch drive. Please read in the below link to know more.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-issue-19.html (Attention: New Maruti Suzuki Swift Brake Issue)
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2012, 13:08   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
HighOctane is right, but I think it is only the L and V variants which suffer from the 'weak brakes' syndrome. And the problem is more pronounced in petrol variants than in diesels, due to lesser vacuum being generated in petrol variants. After this issue was reported by moralfibre and a few others here on team-bhp, I test drove the ZDi and tested for this braking issue repeatedly; couldn't find anything wrong anywhere with the ZDi's brakes. I've never done a test drive with the ZXi new version, guessing it should not suffer too much due to bigger boosters.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th September 2012 at 13:09.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote