Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 24th May 2012, 10:32   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda to replace stolen badges for free

Good initiative by Skoda, probably to cover up their other shortcomings. I guess they would do this just once per customer.

Overall, I now see fewer cars with missing logos. The market for stolen logos does not seem to be lucrative as the thieves would have realized. Reducing the logo costs as suggested by others would be a good move. Or just replace the logos with stickers or have some mechanism that would retract the logos when the engine is turned off.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 10:38   #17
BHPian

In other news, the Supreme court banned Skoda India from selling any cars with badges since its a high temptation for thieves to commit thefts. The Police department completely agreed that this is a necessary step to reduce thefts in automobiles and have requested all other manufacturers to either emboss their emblems into the hood / rear of the car or just sell without any emblem.

just kidding.. Nice gesture from Skoda indeed!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 02:30   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Superb news. Paid 1 k for the rear badge of the Laura last time. The front one is quite faded now will see if I can convince the SA to replace it for free next week though it is not stolen.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 17:28   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Good one Skoda!
Isn't it possible that the badges are to be replaced to the new design, and Skoda trying to get rid of the stock, and earn a good name in the process? Noopster may know!
Attachment 931393
Eh...why me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
In other news, the Supreme court banned Skoda India from selling any cars with badges since its a high temptation for thieves to commit thefts. The Police department completely agreed that this is a necessary step to reduce thefts in automobiles and have requested all other manufacturers to either emboss their emblems into the hood / rear of the car or just sell without any emblem.

just kidding.. Nice gesture from Skoda indeed!
Now that's one judgement I would march in the streets to support!

On a serious note, there are some logos that are stuck on so that even their removal doesn't leave any blemishes on the vehicle. Most of the Japanese and Korean manufatcurers follow this method. Unfortunately the Europeans usually have indentations in the metal where the logo is mounted and that looks really ugly bare.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 23:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The front one is quite faded now will see if I can convince the SA to replace it for free next week though it is not stolen.
Well!! You can always steal it yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Eh...why me?
Thought you were well informed in matters Skoda/VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Unfortunately the Europeans usually have indentations in the metal where the logo is mounted and that looks really ugly bare.
Probably because they sell the same product with different badges, Rapid - Vento for instance.
2cents is offline   Reply With Quote