Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2013, 17:19   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Petrol price hiked by Rs. 7.50. EDIT 1st March 2013 : Up by Rs. 1.4

No Dollar pressure on Iranian oil imports.

Quote:
India pays for Iran oil in rupees

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India is now paying Iran only in rupees for its oil after it lost another payment route in euros due to tougher sanctions from February 6, sources at local refiners said.

The rupee is only partly convertible, limiting its international acceptability, although Iran can use the currency to buy non-sanctioned goods and services from India.

Turkey's Halkbank had been handling payments for Iranian oil in euros from India since July 2011 after other conduits were choked by earlier sanctions, but the latest U.S. measures effectively prevent this, bankers said.

India is Iran's second-biggest client after China.

India had been paying through Halkbank for about 45 percent of its massive Iranian oil bill since April 2012 with the rest in rupees. The two nations had been trying to find goods for Iran to buy from India, to smooth a huge trade imbalance.

India's total exports to Iran in April-September 2012 amounted to $1.4 billion, a quarter of the value of its imports from Iran during the period, according to Indian government data.

There have been several visits by trade delegations to try to boost exports from India, especially of foodstuffs which are not prohibited under sanctions. Iran has bought sugar from India but attempts to sell wheat to Tehran have faced quality issues.

The two sides have yet to find another way to settle their oil trade and Indian refiners are currently retaining 55 percent of their payments to Tehran.

HPCL-Mittal Energy Ltd (HMEL), part-owned by steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal may now be able to clear its dues in rupees, built up after India said it could only pay 45 percent in rupees and Halkbank refused to open a euro account for the private refiner.

HMEL bought a total 4 million barrels of oil from Iran between September and October 2012.
Old 1st March 2013, 21:06   #407
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends,

Another shocker for Petrol Car owners: Petrol Prices hikes by Rs. 1.4 + Taxes with effect from midnight today.

Full story here:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b.../18750348.cms?

Once again oil marketing companies are giving reasons of depreciating rupee & increasing crude prices. I wonder are Petrol prices rising in other countries at similar pace?

It seems it is high time to switch to CNG powered cars.

Thanks,
Old 1st March 2013, 22:00   #408
BHPian

And they wonder why the aam admi is upset with the government. He uses a bike or a smaller car like an alto, which runs on petrol, and the price of that rises faster than anything else. Hike diesel prices like that, but no, 50p a month.
Old 1st March 2013, 22:22   #409
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone confirm that the cleaning additives are useless in premium petrol, or that system g works?
It literally burnt my eyes when I filled up today, and a tankful came to 3k plus.
Old 2nd March 2013, 16:49   #410
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Petrol price hiked by Rs. 7.50. EDIT 1st March 2013 : Up by Rs. 1.4

Rs. 70.55 for a liter of petrol in Delhi! It's really getting tougher for petrol car owners to manage their budgets each time the prices are hiked.

Don't know where the problem is but increasing prices so frequently is not good for the Government, they have to pay the prices for all this nonsense in coming elections.
Old 2nd March 2013, 16:56   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Rs. 70.55 for a liter of petrol in Delhi! It's really getting tougher for petrol car owners to manage their budgets each time the prices are hiked.

Don't know where the problem is but increasing prices so frequently is not good for the Government, they have to pay the prices for all this nonsense in coming elections.
Rs 70.55? Man, that sounds like diesel price to me. It's been more than 2 years since we got petrol at that rate in Hyderabad!

It is Rs 77.20 here today, and Rs 77.35 in Shell.

I always tank up in Shell soon after prices increase, because it takes them 2 or 3 days to hike theirs.

And I add system g on normal fuel---far cheaper than premium fuels.
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:01   #412
Senior - BHPian

Please tell me more about system g?

How it works? Where it is available and what quantity should be used?

Any related thread?
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:36   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Can anyone confirm that the cleaning additives are useless in premium petrol, or that system g works?
It literally burnt my eyes when I filled up today, and a tankful came to 3k plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Hello Guys,

You are still lucky to pay Rs. 70.5 per liter of Petrol. The price in Mumbai is Rs. 77.70 per liter while price in Chennai is more than Rs. 78. Imagine the heartburn we suffer every time we fill our cars.

Forget system G & other things that may boost mileage by 5 - 10%. I believe it is really high time to shift to cheaper fuels like Diesel or CNG.

Petrol prices are only going to go upwards.

Thanks,
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:47   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Friends,

Another shocker for Petrol Car owners: Petrol Prices hikes by Rs. 1.4 + Taxes with effect from midnight today...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Rs 70.55? Man, that sounds like diesel price to me. It's been more than 2 years since we got petrol at that rate in Hyderabad!

It is Rs 77.20 here today, and Rs 77.35 in Shell...
Quote:
Hello Guys,

You are still lucky to pay Rs. 70.5 per liter of Petrol. The price in Mumbai is Rs. 77.70 per liter while price in Chennai is more than Rs. 78. Imagine the heartburn we suffer every time we fill our cars...
Thanks to our CM Mr. Parrikar, in Goa it is still at 58 odd. Hopefully this will stay at least as long as the BJP is in power here.
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:48   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hello Guys,

You are still lucky to pay Rs. 70.5 per liter of Petrol. The price in Mumbai is Rs. 77.70 per liter while price in Chennai is more than Rs. 78. Imagine the heartburn we suffer every time we fill our cars.

Forget system G & other things that may boost mileage by 5 - 10%. I believe it is really high time to shift to cheaper fuels like Diesel or CNG.

Petrol prices are only going to go upwards.

Thanks,
I pay 77 too, because I can't being myself to put in regular fuel. What to do, been conditioned. Maybe it's placebo.
That's why I asked if system g brings about the same, then I could plop for that.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:19   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I pay 77 too, because I can't being myself to put in regular fuel. What to do, been conditioned. Maybe it's placebo.
That's why I asked if system g brings about the same, then I could plop for that.
You drive a Fiesta Petrol,Correct?
she will run good on regular fuel as well,try it out.
No point in spending for premium fuel for regular hatches\sedans
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 22:08   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post

Thanks to our CM Mr. Parrikar, in Goa it is still at 58 odd. Hopefully this will stay at least as long as the BJP is in power here.
Totally agree, Goa is still the best in prices. Mumbai is amongst the highest in terms of prices, don't know why?

We are considered to be the economic capital, and we pay the highest tax compared to other cities but in return get the least benefits and maximum taxes
Old 2nd March 2013, 22:20   #418
BHPian

When I bought my car 2 years ago, petrol was IIRC around 62 bucks per litre which has now risen upto 77!
An increase of 15per litre in 2 years and I regret my decision of going in for a petrol car.

All this coming when the Crude Oil prices in the market are going down.

The article on the homepage clearly suggests that the base price is mere 35.39 per litre with all others coming up in taxes of some or the other kind.

The breakup on the homepage is as follows:

Quote:
Price paid to refinery @ Trade Parity
Rs 35.39

Inland Freight
+ 0.65

Marketing Cost and Margin
+ 1.47

Excise Duty (including cess etc.)

+14.78

Total price after Excise duty
= 52.29

Less: Under-recovery absorbed by OMCs
(-) 00.71

Price Charged to Customer - Depot Price
= 51.58

Dealer Commission
+ 1.50

Value added Tax (Including VAT on dealer commission.)
+ 10.62

Retail Selling Price
= Rs 63.70

VAT as per Delhi.
Its high time I think of getting a CNG kit in my car.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 23:11   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
When I bought my car 2 years ago, petrol was IIRC around 62 bucks per litre which has now risen upto 77!
An increase of 15per litre in 2 years and I regret my decision of going in for a petrol car.

The article on the homepage clearly suggests that the base price is mere 35.39 per litre with all others coming up in taxes of some or the other kind.

The breakup on the homepage is as follows:

Its high time I think of getting a CNG kit in my car.
Ah! go ahead, without second thought, If your running is high. I can't imagine my self spending close to 15k per month on petrol with my over 1500km/month running.

I went ahead and installed cng in my car 2.5 yrs back and am still reaping from it. My current expense is around 5k per month, including petrol and CNG, flat around 10k saving per month

My next car will be diesel for sure.
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:34   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post

They blame it all on the subsidy and fiscal deficit, crude price fluctuates 50 rupees minimum daily and its still in the 5018+ range per 100 barrel. Down from 5289, that hardly makes a difference actually. It moves basis several economic parameters daily that are released in the form of data throughout the day (especially US and Canada).

Better to switch to alternate fuels.
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread