Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 21:40   #121
BHPian
 
windiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Capital
Posts: 345
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
Looks like Mahindra is going the Tata way. IMO Storme was not as significant an upgrade to deserve a next gen Safari tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I hope you can answer if the mechanical changes are as comprehensive as in the Storme ?
AFAIK the storme is so pathbreaking that the only real hassle is that it looks like the Safari, this is what Autocar thinks too. Mods, any gyan on this?
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 22:31   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 608 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
No. Hope that helps.

Largest seller, yes.
You mean the Bolero???

oh please oh please oh please..Do tell whats the depth of changes that the Bolero is going to have. If not the mechanicals, atleast the sitting ergonomics???
DicKy is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 13:50   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,521
Thanked: 2,253 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Saw the new scorpio, the W105 in flesh at the Nashik facility standing beside the Scorpio Assembly line. Looks good. Interiors are a shift in design. Gone are the circular features. Way better fit and finish. Saw 5 of them standing together. The changes are not just skin deep. Changes to mechanical parts as well.

There are more products coming up as well. In the people carrier segment as well as their largest seller. Again changes are not skin deep. Infact there are proper mechanical changes. That is all I can tell you guys keeping myself limited.
That's some good info. Does the largest seller retain its shape or is there a change for good? I mean is it being made a little more contemporary now?
Dry Ice is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 14:01   #124
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

The largest seller will be all new.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 14:30   #125
Senior - BHPian
 
agspins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MH-31
Posts: 1,571
Thanked: 305 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The largest seller will be all new.
You mean to say"Ab bada aur behtar.....Pehle istamaal kare fir vishwas kare types . Hopefully changes are Xuv-ish surprise not Xylo/Quanto-fied.
agspins is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 14:39   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 1,440
Thanked: 608 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
The largest seller will be all new.
All new? That is a surprise, considering other than the XUV, all other Mahindras are basically based or derived from the decades old Jeep platform.

Any time period to expect the new Bolero? i mean, will it be launched within the next couple of years or only after 2016?
DicKy is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 15:25   #127
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 320
Thanked: 188 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Saw the new scorpio, the W105 in flesh at the Nashik facility standing beside the Scorpio Assembly line. Looks good. Interiors are a shift in design. Gone are the circular features. Way better fit and finish. Saw 5 of them standing together. The changes are not just skin deep. Changes to mechanical parts as well.

There are more products coming up as well. In the people carrier segment as well as their largest seller. Again changes are not skin deep. Infact there are proper mechanical changes. That is all I can tell you guys keeping myself limited.
So is the Bolero coming with 4x4 and CRDE engine. ?

Whatever cosmetic changes are offered in the new Scorpio, can they also be applied to previous generation Scorpio by the manufacturer. Is there any such thing by any manufacturer.
For example, in some previous posts read that new Scorpio Lx is coming with side claddings. Will this offered as a upgrade to 2012 Lx.

I guess this is what is called healthy competition benefitting the customer.
Duster and more so Ecosport have forced Mahindra to upgrade their offerings in this segment.

Yes, and timelines please, especially for all new Bolero and all new Scorpio

Last edited by gypsyFreak : 13th October 2013 at 15:29. Reason: added more text
gypsyFreak is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 15:32   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,521
Thanked: 2,253 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Whatever cosmetic changes are offered in the new Scorpio, can they also be applied to previous generation Scorpio by the manufacturer. Is there any such thing by any manufacturer.
For example, in some previous posts read that new Scorpio Lx is coming with side claddings. Will this offered as a upgrade to 2012 Lx.
Offered or not, I think you can do it if the panel changes are minimal. For ex - I have seen quite a few old gen Scorpios with the latest headlights. You can always fit the cladding on an LX. The only problem is when there are slight variations. If the body panels remain same, should not be a problem if you are willing to spend!
Dry Ice is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 15:38   #129
BHPian
 
gypsyFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore-Benglur
Posts: 320
Thanked: 188 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Offered or not, I think you can do it if the panel changes are minimal. For ex - I have seen quite a few old gen Scorpios with the latest headlights. You can always fit the cladding on an LX. The only problem is when there are slight variations. If the body panels remain same, should not be a problem if you are willing to spend!
Ya, i too have seen an example where a CRDE Scorpio was fitted with a mHawk AC blower mechanism. But this was done by the dealer and customer had come with a complaint on this.
All dealers told me it is possible to fit cladding on Lx for 30K, but i am not very confident on the dealer.
What i am looking at is this being done at the factory itself.
Probably expecting too much ... eh
gypsyFreak is offline  
Old 13th October 2013, 21:09   #130
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,521
Thanked: 2,253 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Ya, i too have seen an example where a CRDE Scorpio was fitted with a mHawk AC blower mechanism. But this was done by the dealer and customer had come with a complaint on this.
All dealers told me it is possible to fit cladding on Lx for 30K, but i am not very confident on the dealer.
What i am looking at is this being done at the factory itself.
Probably expecting too much ... eh
Ah, yes, that would be difficult. For LX, it will be a dealer only option if the new cladding fits on the existing panels.
Dry Ice is offline  
Old 14th October 2013, 16:14   #131
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nuremberg,Germany
Posts: 62
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

I hope that M&M provideds new scorpio with the same engine as in XUV and 6 speed gear box, may be decreasing the height a little bit.
shivapsreddy is offline  
Old 16th October 2013, 15:00   #132
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 10,062
Thanked: 15,603 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

A new spyshot of the 2015 Mahindra Scorpio facelift donning some camouflage upfront; however this is the clearmost frontal spyshot that has cropped up till date.

2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs-2015mahindrascorpio.jpg

Mahindra appears to be cross-breeding the Scorpio, Xylo and the Thar. The headlamps and turn-indicators could be inspired from the Thar. The rest of the body stays unchanged from the current edition of the Scorpio.

http://motorbash.com/spied-mahindra-...-xylos-bumper/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 16:00   #133
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,974
Thanked: 16,772 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
however this is the clearmost frontal spyshot that has cropped up till date.
No IMO. Its running without camouflage for a reason- to fool spotters. I believe they have just put bolero's front grill and xylo's front bumper as camouflage!

Edit: Just read the motorbeam article which confirms it so.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th October 2013 at 16:02.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 16:18   #134
BHPian
 
2500cc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 232 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

^^looks like the height is reduced ? Anyone else feel the same or is it my sight problem
2500cc is offline  
Old 16th October 2013, 21:21   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default re: 2014 Mahindra Scorpio Facelift (W105). EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 7.98 lakhs

You guys should head to Nashik. You'll spot a W105 every 5 minutes and standing in front of the M&M facility you'll spot them standing inside the gate clearly.
navpreet318 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop Pics! Maruti Alto 800 Facelift caught. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.49 lakhs volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 52 9th June 2016 10:41
Next-generation Mahindra Bolero? NAMED: Mahindra TUV300! EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 6.90 lakhs Aditya The Indian Car Scene 1171 28th October 2015 11:35
Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed in spy shots EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 11.21 lakh uday.ere The Indian Car Scene 481 15th June 2015 17:04
Scoop Pics! Hyundai Elantra Facelift. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 14.13 lakhs amithsebastian The Indian Car Scene 30 23rd May 2015 17:49
New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 188 21st June 2014 14:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks