Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th June 2012, 08:33   #1
BHPian

Default Toyota Corolla Altis Aero Edition (Petrol Limited Edition)

Saw an ad in Times of India paper today about this limited edition of the Corolla Aero edition. Looks neat in black mica color. It comes with front, rear skirts, spoiler, smoked headlamps and tail lamps, muffler cutter, alloy wheels, dual tone seats. Available only in petrol and in silver and black colors.

Guess the season of limited editions has begun!!!

Name:  ForumRunner_20120605_083219.png
Views: 10139
Size:  880.3 KB
srinath34 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 09:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Corolla Altis Aero Edition (Petrol Limited Edition)

Is this going to be at the same price or hiked? Is this apart from the regular model or for the time being, only this model will be on offer?

I'm sure only a handful will go for this model unless it is priced equally/only marginally more than the regular Altis.

I wish special editions meant more than just spoilers, skirtings and other eye-candy!

IIRC, this is the first special edition Corolla, right? Toyota seems to be feeling the pinch too!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 11:03   #3
BHPian

What is muffler cutter? Does any one know? This looks more like a Sports edition which does not suit the Altis' personality. This is another waste of effort by Toyota IMO. Wonder when they will wake up and plonk a bigger engine in the diesel Altis! The May Altis sales figures of just 500+ units is only going to get worse in the months to come.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 11:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Saw the advt, it has nothing under the skin apart from few bits here and there mostly adding to the looks department.

Usually such moves are to sell the stale inventory, which is expected, first the petrol variant and then being one of the more expensive cars in that segment with no discounts or offers.

My hunch is post this there might be discounts and freebies thrown in to move the stock.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 11:13   #5
Team-BHP Support

Another useless limited edition variant by Toyota. Who is going to buy a stripped down J variant of the Altis with no climate control, xenons and other stuff missing but go for body kit, spoiler and muffler cutter.

It's not even got the same kit as the G variant leave alone the GL which is atleast feature packed.

Only one thing good in this model. Smoked tail lamps and headlamps.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 13:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I wish special editions meant more than just spoilers, skirtings and other eye-candy!
Still, this is better than the vinyl graphics job others do. Whats wrong with a body kit? Besides, they have named it as a "aero" edition rather than "sports".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Only one thing good in this model. Smoked tail lamps and headlamps.
Even the skirting and all look good.

But will agree, that rather than make it as a special edition, they must have these as optional accessories at the dealer point.
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 13:24   #7
BHPian

IMO This is just an attempt to push off stocks of petrol Altis models.Just cosmetic upgrades here and there isnt going to help much.

There was an earlier "Sport" version available for a limited period in 2009, which had this body kit/spioiler and interior wooden insert-treatment.The only difference between this one and the earlier "Sport" version seems to be the smoked lamps.They should have atleast offered a Sunroof ala the Civic to make it stand out from the normal Altis which in any case is a pretty boring design in my opinion, no offence to owners here
octane1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 13:49   #8
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Somehow Reminds me to the Qualis "Mist".

Anyway this is more show and no added go. Infact all the added show weight will probably slow down the altis rather than make it go faster.

But then I guess a Petrol car in that segment does require a bit of a shove to move of the shelf at this point of time.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 13:52   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today Toyota India has launched the limited edition Corolla Altis Aero for an ex-showroom Delhi price of Rs 11,47,748
Limited Edition Toyota Corolla Altis Aero launched
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 13:57   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Still, this is better than the vinyl graphics job others do. Whats wrong with a body kit? Besides, they have named it as a "aero" edition rather than "sports".

Even the skirting and all look good.

But will agree, that rather than make it as a special edition, they must have these as optional accessories at the dealer point.
Yeah the kit looks good but what is sad is that it is being offered on the base J variant of the Altis.

I believe this variant doesn't even have ABS and airbags.

http://www.toyotaaltis.in/aero/pdf/A...ec%20Sheet.pdf
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2012, 16:28   #11
BHPian

Had been to ravindu Toyota to have a look at this and do a TD.
This model is really really basic! Like folks have mentioned the only upgrade from the basic one is
Rear spoiler with LED lights
Chrome tipped exhaust
Dual tone fabric upholstery
Alloy wheels (4)

Asked him about the diesel one and they have the same option for 1.4L diesel as well.
Somehow am not very convinced with the sales folks there. When asked about the engine being 88bhp and having some sluggishness at low speed you know what he said - "you can change your driving style sir ". Blimey!!!

The Aero gasoline would be ~15l and diesel would come to ~16l

Would rather suggest Jetta or Cruze (diesel) or civic (gasoline) if this is going to be owner driven.

Anyone else who checked this and has opinions?
FuelInjector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 11:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Toyota have launched another Limited Edition Corolla (minus any moniker, except the "Limited" emblem at the boot), probably to fend off competition from Elentra & new Cruze. See here:

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ted/index.aspx

It is the regular J grade Corolla Altis with few add-ons like the 6 speed manual gearbox, 5.8" DVD touchscreen infotainment system, 4 spoke steering wheel, twin airbags, ABS with EBD & new front grill.

It is priced at Rs.40K over the Petrol J Variant & Rs.78K over the Diesel J variant.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2012, 21:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Toyota have launched another Limited Edition Corolla (minus any moniker, except the "Limited" emblem at the boot), probably to fend off competition from Elentra & new Cruze. See here:

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...ted/index.aspx

It is the regular J grade Corolla Altis with few add-ons like the 6 speed manual gearbox, 5.8" DVD touchscreen infotainment system, 4 spoke steering wheel, twin airbags, ABS with EBD & new front grill.

It is priced at Rs.40K over the Petrol J Variant & Rs.78K over the Diesel J variant.
Please let me know if you have any idea of a toyota altis redesign in the coming.. there are some designs floating about in the net, but not sure if those are leaks or just someone playing with cad tools.
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 11:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Please let me know if you have any idea of a toyota altis redesign in the coming.. there are some designs floating about in the net, but not sure if those are leaks or just someone playing with cad tools.
I know about the Corolla Altis redesign (Auris Hatch), but, not sure when they will launch the sedan based on same (2014 maybe).
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 13:09   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I know about the Corolla Altis redesign (Auris Hatch), but, not sure when they will launch the sedan based on same (2014 maybe).
I think I worded my question wrong, what I'm looking to know is whether the sedan has a redesign coming, like a new generation corolla sedan..

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the last part where you mentioned the sedan. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by di1in : 13th October 2012 at 13:10.
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote