Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th November 2012, 13:17   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Pajero SFX production to end in 2012

DO you think that the prices of used pajero's will go high or crash down low after they stopped production ? I am asking this because, many auto enthusiasts still consider pajero sfx ( or the older versions of the same ) as the real true blood SUV. Hence i feel that the prices of used pajero's wont be too much affected ( unless its a panic or distress sale ).
Turbo car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 16:41   #47
BHPian

Calling all Pajero fans to bombard Mitsubishi India site with emails requesting them to reintroduce the Pajero with a price tag of 12-13 lakhs. They have been manufacturing the Amby for decades, so why not the pajero?

Its worth a try anyway. I have done my share. Now requesting you guys to do the same.
suv100 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 17:00   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi suv100, Even at 15 Lakhs, they will do good numbers. For some reason, they management there is not in touch with Indian markets.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 17:00   #49
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

May not meet Bharat 4, 5 norms, may be not without some expensive re engineering or change of power trains. So no sense in trying to flog a dead horse, made more economic sense in discarding an aging car.

@SUV100
Even if HM manufactures the old Pajero under licence, looking at the quality of Ambassador's being churned out, you shall get an ambassador flavored Pajero at 13 lacs. Do you want Pajero's with wavy bodylines, bodyshells so weak, you need to seam weld it at a local workshop post delivery, or one with a 88bhp izuzu engine in it? Take your pick
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 18:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
May not meet Bharat 4, 5 norms, may be not without some expensive re engineering or change of power trains. So no sense in trying to flog a dead horse, made more economic sense in discarding an aging car.

@SUV100
Even if HM manufactures the old Pajero under licence, looking at the quality of Ambassador's being churned out, you shall get an ambassador flavored Pajero at 13 lacs. Do you want Pajero's with wavy bodylines, bodyshells so weak, you need to seam weld it at a local workshop post delivery, or one with a 88bhp izuzu engine in it? Take your pick
The cost of manufacturing a Pajero won't be more than 6-7 lakhs as it is a 20 year old design without any major technological advances. So HM would not really need to resort to any major cost cutting methods. Implementing stage 4,5 norms might be difficult but if there is demand for the vehicle at that price range I believe HM can recover all the costs incurred for the upgrade.
suv100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 23:00   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
The cost of manufacturing a Pajero won't be more than 6-7 lakhs as it is a 20 year old design without any major technological advances. So HM would not really need to resort to any major cost cutting methods. Implementing stage 4,5 norms might be difficult but if there is demand for the vehicle at that price range I believe HM can recover all the costs incurred for the upgrade.
No No, cost cutting is the least of our concerns. HM is such a lousy manufacturer that all the free benefits I said above will come standard with any HM product, even if its a licence built Pajero.
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 09:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
Calling all Pajero fans to bombard Mitsubishi India site with emails requesting them to reintroduce the Pajero with a price tag of 12-13 lakhs. They have been manufacturing the Amby for decades, so why not the pajero?

Its worth a try anyway. I have done my share. Now requesting you guys to do the same.
I am with you man, did my bit too, request everyone to contribute. I believe, HM/Mitsu would have a winner in that price range and I definitely would buy one.

Afterall auto headlamps and wipers are not the deciding factor for some of us.
godhatesmyguts is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 10:46   #53
BHPian

Whoever thinks the car can be reintroduced need to know that the dies used for making the car would have already been crushed to bits. Sorry. But this car will never come out "again".
Ford5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 21:40   #54
BHPian

I think the same, it will never come out again, But I am right now on the verge of buying one (pre-owned) as off now. Before April 2nd week, call me nuts, but yes need one for a trip. Should I buy one for a trip to Bhutan, or not?
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 10:09   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Whoever thinks the car can be reintroduced need to know that the dies used for making the car would have already been crushed to bits. Sorry. But this car will never come out "again".
If the dies has been crushed how the body panels will be produced for spare parts of existing cars?
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 10:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Interesting. You mean Mitsu would does it on it's own or they sell those as scrap and the scrap dealers crush those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
If the dies has been crushed how the body panels will be produced for spare parts of existing cars?
Yes, even the last buyer has paid 15 years road tax. Though there is no law, Mitsu should ensure the spares (including body panes) are available over next many years.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2013, 13:54   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

Interesting. You mean Mitsu would does it on it's own or they sell those as scrap and the scrap dealers crush those?

Yes, even the last buyer has paid 15 years road tax. Though there is no law, Mitsu should ensure the spares (including body panes) are available over next many years.
There is a law which makes it mandatory for all auto manufacturers to support the customer of any model that has been discontinued for 7 years on spares and service from the date of his purchase. Even if the car changes owners the law still applies.
Old 12th February 2013, 22:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Critical parts like the doors, Fenders, bumpers are imported on order. Engine components may not be easy to find.

If you go to ford for the Mondeo door, they import it from Thailand for Rs. 50,000/-
Ford5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 08:57   #59
BHPian

Is the old Pajero produced anywhere else so that the parts can be imported. I guess it will be tough road ahead for the exisiting owners of this wonderful vehicle.
S5157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 22:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Is the old Pajero produced anywhere else so that the parts can be imported. I guess it will be tough road ahead for the exisiting owners of this wonderful vehicle.
Why on earth would they crush the dies?
Yes it is manufactured in central America and south Asia about 3 or 4 countries other than India. And it sold as basic hard working SUV / MUV and not as an expensive lifestyle SUV like here in India.:'(