Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th October 2012, 17:03   #46
BHPian

Default re: Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
If Honda were to go purely on the Brio route, the sedan will look awkward and unattractive. As a matter of fact, that first picture in red looks downright repulsive. The design engineers @ Honda will really have to work out of their skins to translate the Brio's hatch form-factor into a graceful-looking, well proportioned sedan - like say the all-new City - if that is indeed their objective. Or, with all due respect, a Swift DZire may result and come our way.
Buddy the IAB image is the real deal. I think its going to be one awkward looking car. Very cleverly the side profile has not been revealed and only the back has been shown.
Old 26th October 2012, 17:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Honda Brio Sedan to be launched in 2013. EDIT : To be called "AMAZE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
It doesn't look inspiring but this teaser seems enough to give nightmares to Maruti (for Dezire), Mahindra (for Verito) and TATA (Indigo) and many others. Affordable Honda with a diesel power plant is a winner combination. Lets see what price tag does Honda put to it.
Don't think so. Maruti is the one who is leader in the market & will be unmoved. So many cars came but still they are doing well. After i10 also Wagon R is doing better & better. After Manza also, Dzire is best selling entry level sedan. Eon couldn't dent Alto numbers. So Maruti will remain no 1 only. Others might face the heat. Again Honda needs to price it competitively. I don't think it will happen. It will be costlier than cars you mentioning.

Overall car looks ok though. Definitely better than the Brio hatch. May sell better than it
Old 26th October 2012, 17:24   #48
BHPian

Looks not as bad as DZire, with the kind of reputation Honda enjoys in Indian market, this one can do wonders. Quality wise, Brio is undoubtedly best in class, same can be expected from the sedan version.
A Honda with a diesel option can kill a Maruti any day, but is it going to be sub 4 meter, that's the question.
Old 26th October 2012, 17:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, wrong post. Looks like the official image has been released in Thailand.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 26th October 2012 at 17:39.
Old 26th October 2012, 17:43   #50
Senior - BHPian

This sedan looks seriously cute, IMO. If priced in 4.8 - 7.5 segment, a lot of DZire, Etios and Manza customers will move to this. But another thing that is going to happen is it will cannibalize City sales, for sure!
Old 26th October 2012, 18:27   #51
BHPian

i look at the brio sedan this way: (looks-wise)
If i were in the market searching for a sedan and my options were brio, swift dezire, indigo or the verito, then I would definetely go with the brio. why? because i hate the dezire's rear profiling and the rest all cars won't give any serious competition to a honda because the don't look any phenomenal either IMO. (plus honda makes a niggle free car, unlike m&m or tata).
top it off with honda's excellent A.S.S. and u have a winner in its segment.
only doubt I have is it's diesel plant. it will be something new for the indian market and honda fans. hope they get it right too.

for people who really want to buy in this segment, this one will surely be appealing. a diesel engine, SPACE, boot and the honda badge, what else does an indian customer need to get more appealed?
Old 26th October 2012, 18:49   #52
MHG
BHPian

Judging by how small the boot looks, is this sedan sub-4m in length ? I think so, because Brio hatch is 3610mm in length and additional 390mm seems enough to accommodate a half-boot like DZire and Indigo eCS.
Old 26th October 2012, 19:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

I find it to be a decent looker . Honda needs to make ABS & Airbags standard on S version to compete with the Dzire VDI( which doesnt come standard with these features). 2013 will be busy year for Honda .
Old 26th October 2012, 20:06   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: *SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT : Now caught on VIDEO!

One big plus for Brio Sedan, a longer wheelbase, so more rear seat space. Swift uses the same wheelbase for the Hatch and Saloon.
Old 26th October 2012, 20:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you to some degree , these 'teaser' type of images dont allow for a proper judging of the looks of the car in totality but whatever one can see does not necessarily indicate a design disaster - i thought the new Dzire looked very funny when the initial photographs came out (Autocar scoop) , but now with so many of them on the road i barely notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I find it to be a decent looker . Honda needs to make ABS & Airbags standard on S version to compete with the Dzire VDI( which doesnt come standard with these features). 2013 will be busy year for Honda .
Old 26th October 2012, 20:57   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

First official teaser.

Wait till next month for complete details.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:01   #57
BHPian

If i am in the market looking for a sedan in this segment, then obviously my options are the brio, dezire, indigo and verito. Well here's my opinion, the dezire is a good car, but I just can't stand it's rear looks. Plain and simple, I hate the dezire's back. Indigo and verito really look outdated to me. But the brio sedan, well, the looks are very subjective like the brio hatch, but look at the positives. Being a honda, it is surely going to be a niggle free (unlike verito and the indigo) car. Spares wont be a problem and Honda's A.S.S. does not need any description. its a good all round car. Looks, interior space, a diesel plant, and a boot. Not sure what else does a car in this segment needs.

My only hesitation is the diesel plant. I haven't driven a diesel honda in my life (do they even make diesels?), and I really hope honda does not lose out on that end. If they get the engine and the pricing right (really curious bout how are they gonna price it), then we definitely have a winner.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:10   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

From various forums,

Car will be sub 4m
1.5L 4 cylinder diesel
Better power output than competition expected.
A premium over Dzire could be expected.

Well I don't claim these to be spot on as of now. And I liked the rear styling. Have to see how it looks in totality.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th October 2012 at 21:11.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 21:33   #59
BHPian

I think it looks way better than the hatch, and if a diesel engine is available may become a segment leader at least with private car users, I hope whenever it comes to India, Honda price it right and don’t go over the top with prices.
Old 26th October 2012, 22:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

There is also a lot of talk and buzz about it being a 1.6 liter engine , in general there has been much coverage about Honda's 1.6 i-Dtec engine from the 'earth dream technology' generation , maybe this is what we might end up seeing in the sedan?

Edit Just found these news stories

The Brio sedan will be the first diesel-powered Honda in India as the carmaker has confirmed that an all-new 1.5-litre diesel will also make its debut with the upcoming model. This new engine (based on the 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel engine from Honda's 'Earth Dreams' technology series) has been designed specifically for the Indian market and will eventually power a number of Hondas including the next-gen City and the Jazz.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/whe...an_773893.html
http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...rio-sedan/3161

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
From various forums,

Car will be sub 4m
1.5L 4 cylinder diesel
Better power output than competition expected.
A premium over Dzire could be expected.

Last edited by puchoo : 26th October 2012 at 22:41.
Closed Thread