Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th July 2012, 22:59   #61
BANNED

Default Re: Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners

The problem of Name on Registration certificate, VIN number and owner type do not match for vehicle1 or vehicle has been registered using same details. is still persisting anybody had any luck with the registration
knownstrangerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 23:26   #62
BHPian

Seems that they are working towards making it get rid of all the glitches. Currently the registration has been closed for maintenance and hopefully all the issues will be ironed out when it is reopened
Quote:
Dear Patron,

In our endeavor to continuously improve the website, the registration page has been put under maintenance for some time and will be
accessible soon. Please keep visiting back for Registration to enjoy the following benefits after web-site registration:-
  • Service Scheduler
  • Insurance Calculator
  • Service Reminders
  • Owners Manual view or download
  • On line service booking
  • Quick reference guide etc.
Regards,
Team Hyundai CCS
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 19:28   #63
BHPian

Heads up - the site is working as of now. Just registered.
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 19:38   #64
Team-BHP Support

The records it says are not matching, VIN, reg no, owner name and type of owner. Tried the two possible combinations of first and second owner. Still not happening :(

EDIT: Lol so its a common issue not Hyundai banning his favorite customer :P

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th July 2012 at 19:42.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 21:27   #65
BANNED

I was hoping when they closed the registration to work on the glitches that I will be able to register without an issue.But again the same issue persists.Name on Registration certificate, VIN number and owner type do not match for vehicle1 or vehicle has been registered using same details.Any work around to get around with registration?
knownstrangerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 08:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

I just registered on the site. No glitches with Name, VIN number, sailed through the process. Definitely a good initiative. Just 2 glitches.

1. As KpZen said, it only shows paid service and free service. No record of accidental repair.

2. The owner's manual available for old Verna CRDI owners is actually an Accent manual. Even the dashboard pics and many of the mechanical specifications are of an Accent. Disappointing. The 2006 American Accent manual (which is actually the Indian Verna) that someone shared on tbhp is far more spot-on than this.
predatorwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 10:32   #67
RSR
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok guys, some good news at last!

Finally after several tries at registering on the site (always got the dreaded name, reg.no., owner type, VIN error), I succeeded at at last. No wonder they say, "If you don't succeed at first, then try, try and try again".

I found out that the problem is ONLY with the name and not with the other fields.

For me, it worked like this. The car is registered in my dad's name. On the RC, his name is mentioned along with initials as A B Cdefghi (example only). I tried all possible combinations of the name and initials (placed first, last, with and without spaces etc.) Nothing worked.

Finally out of frustration, I just put in the name without initials and clicked submit. And lo! The site immediately sent me an e-mail link and I was able to complete the registration through that link.

So, I believe the problems are only with the name field. Do try possible variations of the name as mentioned on the RC. I guess it should do the trick.

Edit: By variations of the name, I meant things like with initials placed first, last, without them or first name+last name, last name+first name etc.

Last edited by RSR : 4th August 2012 at 10:36.
RSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 11:14   #68
BHPian

Great! initiative and one that all other player should try and replicate. Couple of things

1) the dealers and sales people must be educated to include this as part of the sales pitch
2) at the time of taking delivery, the sales guys themselves can register the car in the owner's presence.

Also some keen dealers or sales folks could spend their time and register for all their customer wishful thinking i guess.

Hope things like these become the norm than one-off.
Shandy1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 12:33   #69

Thanks GTO for pointing this out.
I managed to register on the website today, after trying a few combinations of the first owner's name. It's good that we get to see the service history--although it would have been better if itemized bills could be seen along with service charges (wishful thinking).
The labor price chart is very useful. I'm new to Hyundai and the labor rates mentioned there seem reasonable. Can we now insist on these rates if the service center overcharges?
ityogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 12:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

Finally could register and get in!
Had to use only my first name in the 'Name On Registration Certificate' field.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 12:47   #71
BHPian

Angry Re: Launched : Full-feature Service Website for Hyundai Car Owners

This Hyundai website is testing my patience. I had registered yesterday but whenever I am trying to login its showing "invalid userid or password" I have tried 50 times I guess.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 13:13   #72
BHPian

Tried and gave up...tried with all possible combinations on name, name with initials.
mazda4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2013, 15:56   #73

If anyone still got issues with registration of the username in the Hyundai's customer support website, Call their toll free number to get it resolved. I had the same issue for almost for an year. But recently called them to know that the vehicle was registered under different name.(OMG! How could they do it) But it has been edited over the phone and after which the registration goes through. Although the username doesn't give any better convenience but hope Hyundai would improve the customer care website with better interactive options.
pradeepchristy is offline   Reply With Quote