Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 10:45   #31
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Chennai Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Puncture free - This was a very interesting product. I will upload the brochure later.
They fill a liquid into your tubeless tyre and you never need to visit a puncture shop ever again.
The liquid comes in liters. Each Liter costs Rs. 2800
Can you please share some details on the same. Seems to be good on the face of it. Did you by any chance get to see a demonstration for the same?
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 11:06   #32
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Chennai Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Can you please share some details on the same. Seems to be good on the face of it. Did you by any chance get to see a demonstration for the same?
I sure did see the demo of it. And yeah it worked well in front of my eyes. It is very economical for the peace it gives you.
Will give you the details by evening. Got the brochure somewhere.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 12:47   #33
BHPian
 
jesrani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 251
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: Chennai Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I sure did see the demo of it. And yeah it worked well in front of my eyes. It is very economical for the peace it gives you.
Will give you the details by evening. Got the brochure somewhere.
One of my friend got this done in his Vista about 6 months back, don't recall the brand. It will probably hold the puncture leak for long time but I don't think that you can just forget for ever. Another important thing is that the car wobbles a bit at speeds above 100kmph due to the liquid inside. This was what my friend told and I believe there are some threads about this on team-bhp too, but I am too lazy to search for you. . Please read more before you think of going for this.
jesrani is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 15:59   #34
BHPian
 
thalavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 389
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Chennai Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
I sure did see the demo of it. And yeah it worked well in front of my eyes. It is very economical for the peace it gives you.
Will give you the details by evening. Got the brochure somewhere.
Does this work for sidewall punctures as well?
Don't know if this was the same one in the earlier expo (2-3 months back?)
At that time, I specifically asked them about sidewall punctures and they replied it won't work for side walls. May be that was a different liquid than this.
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 09:33   #35
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Chennai Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Can you please share some details
Well this is the web address of the product.

http://www.tyreprotector.co.in/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
the car wobbles a bit at speeds above 100kmph due to the liquid inside. This was what my friend told and I believe there are some threads about this on team-bhp too, but I am too lazy to search for you. . Please read more before you think of going for this.
I wonder why it wont work for side wall puncture as it supposedly covers the whole tyre.
And I really don't think it would a cause for wobbling unless your friend did not get the wheels balanced after getting the liquid filled. IMHO.
Will try to get more details of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Does this work for sidewall punctures as well?
Don't know if this was the same one in the earlier expo (2-3 months back?)
At that time, I specifically asked them about sidewall punctures and they replied it won't work for side walls. May be that was a different liquid than this.
May be it is the same thing which you saw the last time.
I have no personal experience of it or know more details than what I have written on how it works. Will try to get more details.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 14:35   #36
BHPian
 
Visaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 575
Thanked: 199 Times
Default Re: Chennai Auto Expo 2012

Here are the last few snaps of the auto expo coverage.
I vow not to visit the auto Expo in Chennai ever again.
It happens too often and no wonder there is no encouragement.
Chennai Auto Expo 2012-photo0289.jpg

The paint on this bike was too good. Someday I hope to ride one.

Chennai Auto Expo 2012-photo0296.jpgChennai Auto Expo 2012-photo0297.jpgChennai Auto Expo 2012-photo0298.jpgChennai Auto Expo 2012-photo0294.jpgChennai Auto Expo 2012-photo0300.jpgChennai Auto Expo 2012-photo0304.jpg
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Auto Expo - What to Expect?! Irish The Indian Car Scene 131 4th January 2012 11:27
Prelude to the 2012 Auto Expo KarthikK Shifting gears 13 3rd December 2011 16:09
Wheelosphere at The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo The Hindu Chennai Auto Expo 2010 udayjani The Indian Car Scene 3 10th October 2010 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks