Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 1st February 2007, 00:52   #16
BHPian

Saw one of these on the Katraj bypass road today. Had different lights on it though, more like the scorpio's..

Another thing, it seemed shorter to me than the Scorpio, don't know if that was because of the camouflaging or it actually is.
swale84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 12:34   #17
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Saw one of these on the Katraj bypass road today. Had different lights on it though, more like the scorpio's..

Another thing, it seemed shorter to me than the Scorpio, don't know if that was because of the camouflaging or it actually is.
This is Interesting, Shorter = low-Height = low centre of gravity = more stability = better handling. Looks like Mahindra folks have learnt a few lessons from the Lotus guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
from the pic it looks like a mix of tavera, sumo and scorpio(front grill) and may be little from bolero.
I second that thought.. And my guess is that Mahindra will try to reuse as much of components from the Scorpio as possible to keep the inventory costs low.
man23ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 12:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
from the pic it looks like a mix of tavera, sumo and scorpio(front grill) and may be little from bolero.
Heard it will be positioned between Bolero and Scorpio. and price?. 5-6L?.

Last edited by chanapli : 1st February 2007 at 12:45.
chanapli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2007, 14:07   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
Heard it will be positioned between Bolero and Scorpio. and price?. 5-6L?.
I do remember reading somewhere that this was indeed the positioning they were aiming at.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2007, 21:27   #20
BHPian

I like the dashboard treatment. it looks basic but is more stylish than the current scorp. I think that they should have provided space for a 2-DIN system standard. One other complaint is that is it too close to the windscreen, bringing the driver closer to the sloping wscreen as well.

The Exteriors have dumpy proportions, and that does scare me. If they get their mix right, I would expect a vehicle slighly shorter in length than the Scorp, but with a width as less as the Innova, and will come with similar useful interior touches like the innova. I would like to see something from the scorp pedigree in the styling - Butch, Rugged looks. Not like a confused jeep (Bolero)
wizardofid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2007, 00:07   #21
BHPian

looks very modern.Nice to see that Mahindra put India on the map of offroader maker.Hope the car will get a commonrail direct injection.Should have come before according the first article
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 17:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the ingenio is almost complete,on his recent visit to India the renault ceo was shown a fully ready Ingenio and he was so impressed by the vehicle that he plans to sell it abroad.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2007, 18:42   #23
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Saw it on the Mumbai-Pune expressway maintaining 130-135 km/h from Tungarli until the Talegaon toll station, and again after leaving the Talegaon toll station until the end of the expressway. That is about 40 km altogether.

BTW, one notices that the fastest drivers on the expressway are (not surprisingly) the big imports, followed by Octavias and (would you believe it?) Innovas !

In fact I came upon the camouflaged Ingenio, at Tungarli after a short burst at 165 km/h.

Noticed him overtaking 99% of the other cars: WagonRs, Santros, Indicas and Indigos, Qualises and NHCs. His tail lights looked like those of the old Scorpio.

I slowed down to have a good look at him and thereupon paced him for the remaining 40 km.
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 01:54   #24
LLL
BHPian

any further updates on this? Would be interesting to see how mahindra approaches it after logan's failure/success?
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 14:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

i have seen the car , when i was @ mahindras satpur plant ... they are basically targetting the innova ... there actually was a scrapped out body of the innova out there , to study the dynamics etc . this car will be launched early 2008 will be sharing the scorpios new all aluminum motor ... (codenamed eagle)
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 14:20   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

wasnt able to get any snaps cause there were no camera phones allowed in their plant , so had kept my phone in my car ... but the vehicle means business for sure ...
Old 26th April 2007, 01:33   #27
BHPian

Karan 561 what do u mean by a new engine eagle codename?
abdul 65 amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 07:16   #28
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul 65 amg View Post
Karan 561 what do u mean by a new engine eagle codename?
Mahindra have been working on a new all-aluminium, 2,200 cc, 140 bhp common-rail diesel engine.

This engine is developed in collaboration with AVL of Austria (Anstalt für Verbrennungskraftmaschinen List). Using a high-pressure (1600 bar) common-rail system designed by Robert Bosch GmbH, the new engine will put out 130-140 bhp.

Mahindra people talk highly of this new engine (internally code-named the Eagle engine). Significantly lighter, it will also replace the heavy 2.5 litre diesel currently used in the Scorpio.
Ram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 18:37   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Mahindra have been working on a new all-aluminium, 2,200 cc, 140 bhp common-rail diesel engine.

This engine is developed in collaboration with AVL of Austria (Anstalt für Verbrennungskraftmaschinen List). Using a high-pressure (1600 bar) common-rail system designed by Robert Bosch GmbH, the new engine will put out 130-140 bhp.

Mahindra people talk highly of this new engine (internally code-named the Eagle engine). Significantly lighter, it will also replace the heavy 2.5 litre diesel currently used in the Scorpio.

SPOT ON @ ram ......
Old 26th April 2007, 19:23   #30
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
... they are basically targetting the innova ... there actually was a scrapped out body of the innova out there , to study the dynamics etc . this car will be launched early 2008 will be sharing the scorpios new all aluminum motor ... (codenamed eagle)
Spot on Karan. They are targetting the Innova. Somebody who say the car tells me it looks a lot like the Innova. Interesting times ahead.

And that eagle engine has been on for sometime. It should have been on the Scorpio by now!!
Joz is offline   Reply With Quote