Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th July 2012, 09:51   #31
BHPian

Default Re: New Mahindra Verito launched! starts from 5.42 lakhs!

Features like Passenger airbag, hydraulic clutch, adjustable steering are not included yet, which are available with the competitors..

There is a possibility of adding a D8 model with 2 airbags steering mounted audio controls etc.
vinodv001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 10:26   #32
BHPian

I always had a softcorner for the Logan / Verito for the solid engine and space - and contrary to the general perception quite liked the boxy design which suited the overall stance.

Nice little touches. Liked the new design switches on CD player / AC. Rear is also made quite decent.

Oh, and the bling - looks yuck and quite out of place. Mahindra - please remove it. Overdose of anything is not good.
advaitlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 10:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
This is not the face-lifted Verito. This is the pre-face lift one.
My bad . I thought it was the facelifted one. So is it that the differences between the two models are so subtle that a layman like me won't be able to gauge or I need to get the power of my glasses checked from an Ophthalmologist
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 11:20   #34
BHPian

DO not see a mahindra eating into maruti Dezire sales. But this could dent Toyota Etios sales to some extend. Really depends on how well the product is packaged. The Verito/Logan has a good reputation as far as reliability was concerned, but was always seen to be a bit dated.
If mahindra manages to put in decent and fresh interiors and good features, they just migh as well steal Etios market share.
Given that even the Etios is now doing taxi service, I guess the taxi image factor is negated vis-a-vis Verito!
amitayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 12:06   #35
BHPian

From the front there is a clear Korean inspiration at play here. Kia like chrome surrounding the front grille is seen (Is it the SSangyong relation at play here ??).

The rear is good.. Careful use of chrome here. Front has a lot of chrome and this is no so much to my liking but again there are many who love it.

With the facelift they should have changed the name as well so as to avoid references to the taxi image. I hope this does not become 'Bharath ka naya Taxi'.

Certainly like this better than the Etios. Let's see how many Mahindra manages to sell and to whom.

Last edited by figo_mba : 27th July 2012 at 12:09.
figo_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 12:17   #36
BHPian

This new Verito may be the jack of some trades, master of none but I have to admit that Mahindra engineers have worked well to reduce the box-with-a-nose and boot image of earlier Verito. Well, this particular model may not set the sales chart on fire, but surely, now the Verito would be percieved as a proper Compact Sedan. I was wondering whether new Mini-Xylo would be based on this logan platform or an entirely new spruced up platform of the same?

I was wondering that new Verito might be styled like an XUV500! Just imagine, Verito Five-double 'Oh'!

S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 27th July 2012 at 12:23.
S@ndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 12:58   #37
BHPian

Mahindra dont want the Verito to die after all. No doubt it has a great engine and is very rugged. The major drawback were the interiors, which look much much better in this facelift. Verito is not a bad car at all.

But if Mahindra and Mahindra have to give some tough competition to the Dezire's and the Etio's, they got to come down a wee bit on pricing, especially the petrol version seems a tad overpriced IMHO.
HorsPwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 13:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra should have done this changes before only when they renamed it to Verito from Logan. It would have helped company in better manner by earning more sales. Not sure if this model will be able to generate more sales numbers for them or not. Difficult to beat Dzire but will dent Manza, Etios & Fiesta classic little beat.

Anyways, car is more attractive now than previous. Looks better in photos, need to check in person
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 17:20   #39
BHPian

Whatever happened to the sub 4 mtr CS Verito ?
princey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 18:23   #40
BHPian

I really like the somber looks of the Logan, but the chrome-spiced Verito has never appealed to me.
This one: I like the interiors, they look good in the pics, expect average quality though; but the exteriors are just too 'chromey'!
negativeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2012, 21:34   #41
BHPian

Mahindra is determined to sell this car and it shows. Needs to be seen in flesh to pass on the opinion.
Turbokick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 00:20   #42
BHPian

Quite disappointed to see the new look verito.After all the hype surrounding the launch and the numerous spy pics/testing done. With a market potential of nearly 20-25K pr month Mahindra should have done much better than this!
The tried and tested combination of 'headlamp+bumpers+taillamps' job for mahindra seems to have worked gain for the exteriors. The front takes a lot of inspiration from the skoda fabia and the rear(esp the tail lamps) reminds me of the first gen Honda City. Interiors are still as bland and boring as before. the fitment of the power window buttons look tacky and cheap. feels like it may come off any moment. the vehicle is still crude as a personal car-taxi operators would be a more excited lot with this launch!!!
kallil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 00:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Is this the sub 4 Mtr avatar eligible for ED benefits?
An overdose of chrome. But due to the fact that a major chunk are sold for taxi trade chrome is La Amby.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 10:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Is this the sub 4 Mtr avatar eligible for ED benefits?
Nope. This is the regular one. It has grown by 30mm w.r.t. previous version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Whatever happened to the sub 4 mtr CS Verito ?
Mahindra is planning to launch it around festive season(There was an interview in economic times where a senior Mahindra official quoted that sub 4m verito will be out in 4 months (from the date of that interview).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsPwr View Post
Mahindra dont want the Verito to die after all. No doubt it has a great engine and is very rugged. The major drawback were the interiors, which look much much better in this facelift. Verito is not a bad car at all.
Fully agree. Another drawback is relatively poor after sales. People tell me that Mahindra service centres are overloaded and they seem to be in a hurry to finish off the job without really caring much about customer satisfaction
sarthakgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2012, 10:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

They should call it Verito Chrome.

Grill design is a very smart one but it could have looked better in some other finish rather than chrome, since due to chrome only the grill part stands out in the front end and headlights fall apart in comparision.

This car will look better in lighter shades IMO.

They should advertise its biggest strength - widest seat in its segment.

Last edited by silverado : 28th July 2012 at 10:27.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote