Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th November 2012, 20:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

At this price, it is a no brainer if one is looking for a new car around 15 lacs. Stonking performance, tonnes of space and very good road presence.
Old 9th November 2012, 20:24   #152
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Any idea if this offer is available in Hyderabad? This makes the Kizashi a real good option for someone looking to by a car in the D1 segment. The availability of spare parts is a concern though. Is Suzuki abandoning the Kizashi project or are they planning to continue selling it in Asia?
You won't really be needing any spare-parts for a 'Japanese import' unless one gets into an accident. Refer to ownership review of Samurai's Grand Vitara (similar engine as Kizashi just different tune) consistently used on rough roads, yet never needed any major repairs or parts apart from regular service. He has hardly faced any downtime despite the Grand Vitara being serviced at Udupi MASS, which is not a metro city by any yardstick.
Old 9th November 2012, 21:38   #153
Senior - BHPian

Someone mentioned that Kizashi is in the Accord/Camry class. Kizashi seem to fall somewhere between Civic class and the Accord class in terms of dimensions/space. Just to give a comparison, the length of Kizashi is 4650 mm while Accord stands at 4950 mm in length! For it's dimension/space (not talking about the performance) 15 lacs on-road was the right pricing in the first place.
Old 10th November 2012, 09:05   #154
BHPian

Last night I chanced upon a white Kizashi with a dirty beige driver's seat, the only one they said they had, when I went shopping for a dabba of sweets. This was in the showroom plumb opposite the sweet shop.

The offer: Free petrol for a year = Rs 1 lac. Then I showed the sleepy eyed salesman the team-bhp thread on my BB. He peered and would not believe it initially. Then he called another friend of his. Then they both peered at the tiny BB screen (now I know why everyone is going touch with these humongous screens these days). They took me to the manager's room; the three of them peered at my screen. So I told them, you are not going to see much; let me e-mail you the link instead. They had not a clue as regards to the discount.

Someone in the showroom recognized me.
"Aren't you the guy who bought a Linea T-Jet recently?"
"Yes, but how would you know?" (He must be thinking, I am just window shopping, right?)
"I used to work there, in the Tata showroom before I joined here last month."
"Oh Okay. Been facinated by the Kizashi all along. Can I take a look?"
"Sure sir, please do."

All I do is open two doors, one at a time, and close them. No thud. Flimsy thump. I am thinking "Is this an imported phoren car?" I want to sit in the driver's seat. But it is dirty. Beige really does reflect how to take care of your car.

Nah, I don't want to sit in a dirty car. I tell them to check with Maruti and let me know (of the fat discount). But they are as confused as they were 5 minutes ago. Time to leave; I won't find any sweets if I am going to hang in here longer.

Last edited by johy : 10th November 2012 at 09:08.
johy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 12:05   #155
BHPian

I called up both Varun and Saboo Motors in Hyderabad and neither was able to confirm the discount on the Kizashi. I also called up the Suzuki helpline and was told that they "have no official information" about this offer. Has anyone here actually bought the Kizashi at 11.51L?
Old 10th November 2012, 12:41   #156
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wouldn't it be nice if manufacturers priced their cars correctly from day one, instead of going through this embarrassment later?

The Kizashi should always have been priced in the 13 lakh range, bang across the Civic, Altis, Laura etc. Taking it up to nearly the Accord & Superb level was just bad, bad news.

Maruti suffered the same situation with the Baleno, but they haven't learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
All this brand value thing is mostly crap. Give a nice product at a good/competitive price and it will sell.
The Mahindra XUV500 is a prime example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Didnt ask breakup but road tax is 20% not 9% :
That's because it's a CBU; they are taxed different than locally assembled cars. Do note that the tax difference is only for individuals. The higher slab is what businesses would otherwise pay for company registration.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2012, 19:07   #157
Senior - BHPian

Idk why people seem to have trouble getting dealers to confirm the discount on the kizashi. I just bought one with the 5l discount and got them to fit it with bluetooth, aux input, and a reverse parking camera for free (all of which it oddly lacked). I am really happy with the car, I bought the manual and this thing is a real joy! I'm currently shopping around for an ICE upgrade

Mod Note: Please take the time to type your post out without resorting to slang or hard-to-follow acronyms (e.g. Idk for I don't know). Please read our posting rules before proceeding. Thanks!

Last edited by noopster : 11th November 2012 at 07:48. Reason: Refer mod note in post
Old 10th November 2012, 20:00   #158
BHPian

My Kizashi came with a 4L discount on the AT. I have heard that MSIL have managed to clear all stocks thanks to the discount and now the car will only be available against order.
Old 11th November 2012, 12:47   #159
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase!! and freebies to make the deal even sweeter!! What was the final OTR cost in Hyderabad for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Idk why people seem to have trouble getting dealers to confirm the discount on the kizashi. I just bought one with the 5l discount and got them to fit it with bluetooth, aux input, and a reverse parking camera for free (all of which it oddly lacked). I am really happy with the car, I bought the manual and this thing is a real joy! I'm currently shopping around for an ICE upgrade

Mod Note: Please take the time to type your post out without resorting to slang or hard-to-follow acronyms (e.g. Idk for I don't know). Please read our posting rules before proceeding. Thanks!
Old 11th November 2012, 12:51   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Congratulations on the purchase!! and freebies to make the deal even sweeter!! What was the final OTR cost in Hyderabad for it?
Thanks! It was exactly 14.8 on-road.
Old 11th November 2012, 19:17   #161
Senior - BHPian

Default My noob experience with the Kiss-a-she!

I have gone through most of the thread and now as an owner of the car, here are my thoughts:
What I like about it: The excellently sculpted seats, the engine and drive characteristics especially the stonking brakes, the compliments I get on its arse (I have even had my local ICE shop guy pose with it and have his employees take pictures of him sitting beside the wheels) oh and that dual zone climate control does actually come in handy sometimes.
Things I don't really like about it: The fact that it isn't equipped with a sunroof and though the display for the music and radio is large compared to other ones, so is the font and I get kinda pissed when I can't see the whole title of a certain track. But as you can see, one would have to be really OCD to begin to find faults with the car. There are simply none at this price once you get past and accept the fact it is a big hungry 2.4l Petrol. I turned 18 this year, was asked what car, and I knew: Petrol. :P
Now I know this is my first car but even so I do have a little experience with others. Comparisons to the Laura/Jetta are inevitable. My friends father owns a couple of Skoda dealerships here in Hyderabad so I have spent many late nights thrashing around the city in skodas especially his own Laura and YES the steering feedback is better but then the Laura simply cannot achieve the balance between ride and handling that the Kizashi does. Also the Kizashi's seats are sculpted extremely well.
As for ownership experience so far: I have been promised excellent service anytime anywhere and one mechanic at a service center even told me that spares are not an issue at all and even if I break down in a village they will be able to service it just as any other car. So we'll see about that. Fuel economy wise, I achieve an average displayed on the MID of about 9-10kmpl. My driver gets a consistent 10 although these figures are achieved with careful "eco driving" but I do expect them to get better once the engine break-in is done. As for the times I can't be bothered (YOLO moments) I get about 6-7kpl :P but frankly I am not bothered because I knew what I was signing up for and these figures from a 2.4 liter engine in such tune, are according to me, quite satisfying
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 19:51   #162
BHPian

Vitesse, Worli has both the MT and AT. Both carry a 5L discount on the on-road price. The AT is available only in Black, while the MT is available in all 3 colours (white, silver and black). They were willing to throw in mats and rear sensors for free. I test drove the AT of the showrooms owner/manager. I did not find the CVT sluggish in traffic; under hard accelaeration the engine note had a nice rasp but the real-time fuel mileage indicated on the dashboard was 3km per litre. Brakes were superb. The sales-rep claimed a real-life mileage of 7-8. The only negative as I saw it was the all-beige interiors. Atleast the window sills should have been dark.
I am skeptical about maruti clearing its stock. Even after discount, the car's pricing is in the Laura/Jetta range which runs on cheaper fuel, so only the hardcore petrolheads or those burnt by Skoda/VW service, will prefer the Kiz.
Bomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 15:35   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Thanks! It was exactly 14.8 on-road.
14.8 is very impressive! May I ask which dealer you got the car from? Someone from Varun brought a TD car over to me over the weekend, but Saboo has not been very responsive.
Old 12th November 2012, 22:22   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooloovoo
14.8 is very impressive! May I ask which dealer you got the car from? Someone from Varun brought a TD car over to me over the weekend, but Saboo has not been very responsive.
Thanks the on-road price for the manual was 19.8 here in Hyderabad so I managed an exact discount of 5l. I am sorry I will have to ask my father which dealership it was bought from I only spoke to the chap on the phone and he was quite helpful. Which car did you test drive? Did you like it? I will get back to you with the details on the. Meanwhile when I was talking to him over the phone there were only two cars in stock here in Hyderabad: a silver manual and a pearl black automatic since I bought the manual I guess the auto is the only one left if you are really serious about the car let me know I could give you his number and maybe even help you get a good deal apparently I've got a way with people :P
Old 13th November 2012, 01:45   #165
i2i

[quote="IshaanIan"]Idk why people seem to have trouble getting dealers to confirm the discount on the kizashi. I just bought one with the 5l discount and got them to fit it with bluetooth, aux input, and a reverse parking camera for free (all of which it oddly lacked). I am really happy with the car, I bought the manual and this thing is a real joy! I'm currently shopping around for an ICE upgrade

, Do share as to how the Bluetooth was done, was it integrated into the existing system. Secondly also share details on the modus operandi for the Aux input as well as the Reverse camera display . Was it on the existing rear view mirror , or did you opt for a separate display.
Thanks in advance.
Closed Thread