Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 15th November 2012, 16:14   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Ishaan, congratulations on a fantastic purchase. We're looking forward to reading an ownership review from you about this. Specifically, I'm curious as to how they have installed Bluetooth and Aux In on the car.

Also, when I drove it, I found the ICE to be fantastic with my iPod plugged in - Curious to see what youre looking for in terms of an upgrade. Upgrading the ICE wasnt something I had considered at all, considering how good it was.

We're all eagerly looking forward to ownership review..!
Thanks! I don't know if I will be creating an ownership review but I could work on a detailed post and perhaps upload some pictures as well will get back to you on the technicalities of how the bluetooth and aux in were fitted soon.
Old 15th November 2012, 16:20   #182
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
team any body can list the missing features in this car like auto climate control, auto head lamps, auto wiper or start/stop button also in bangalore they are giving previous year models and not new ones
You might have to be a little more clear but if you wanted a list of missing features, here it is: no sunroof, no reverse parking sensors, no bluetooth, no aux-in. The rest is all there! Oh and yes quite a few cities are stocking 2011 models since they are manufactured in japan but the dealerships would only have taken in the cars sometime this year so if you check when they were registered by the dealers, it will be this year. Even so, I do not believe that at this price there is anything out there that is better
Old 15th November 2012, 16:40   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You might have to be a little more clear but if you wanted a list of missing features, here it is: no sunroof, no reverse parking sensors, no bluetooth, no aux-in. The rest is all there! Oh and yes quite a few cities are stocking 2011 models since they are manufactured in japan but the dealerships would only have taken in the cars sometime this year so if you check when they were registered by the dealers, it will be this year. Even so, I do not believe that at this price there is anything out there that is better
Thanks Ishaan, this is what i was looking at.

So you say that Auto head lamp & wipers are there? cos i dint see it in the official website.
Old 15th November 2012, 16:49   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Hey I just found out, it is from Mithra agencies in Himayatnagar but don't bother calling the dealership and then asking the girl about the car, having her tell you to leave your number and that she will ask the concerned person to call you back. 7799885005 try this number. The chap's name is Narender and he is the one who will probably eventually be asked to deal with you :P He is really quite helpful and if I am not mistaken there is one pearl black cvt and that is the only car left in stock here in our city.
Thanks Ishaan, I called up Narender and found out that the black CVT has already been sold. He has promised to get back to me if there's another one available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
team any body can list the missing features in this car like auto climate control, auto head lamps, auto wiper or start/stop button also in bangalore they are giving previous year models and not new ones
The most surprising missing feature for me was parking sensors. The car has dual-zone climate control but I doubt that it has auto headlamps. Also, a few dealers are selling 2012 models in Hyderabad. I expect that if you insist on a 2012 model, your dealer will be able to get one for you.
Old 15th November 2012, 19:38   #185
BHPian

Hi, I just spoke to the local dealer here in Ranchi, Premsons Maruti, they are offering the car at 11.00 lacs ex showroom. I believe that is the best deal available in the country at the moment. All colours are available. Did not give me any details about the CVT though.
Old 16th November 2012, 09:05   #186
BHPian

I found some news articles about a 5.5L discount on the automatic CVT variant. Here's one - http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...count-9113.htm
The car is a steal at this price!
Old 16th November 2012, 09:38   #187
BANNED

When I was looking out for a car, the top end Kizashi was around Rs.20.50 lakhs on road which brought it close to a 1.5 year old 320d. And that didn't make any sense. If the Kizashi was priced at 11.49 lakhs then I might have owned one by now, but thankfully I own a Rapid and it gives me a lot more kicks (literally) than the Kizashi would ever have done. Don't need cars to make statements - just need them to give pure driving pleasure, loads of fuel efficiency that allows you to take off on regular weekend driving holidays of more than a 1000 kms without even thinking about it and an initial cost that gives you the most bang for your buck. With a performance that's 5.26 seconds faster than the 166 bhp Cruze in the 40-100 kmph roll on times, a fuel efficiency of 20.5 kmpl and a low initial cost I can't think of a car that meets that formula better than the Rapid.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
When I was looking out for a car, the top end Kizashi was around Rs.20.50 lakhs on road which brought it close to a 1.5 year old 320d. And that didn't make any sense. If the Kizashi was priced at 11.49 lakhs then I might have owned one by now, but thankfully I own a Rapid and it gives me a lot more kicks (literally) than the Kizashi would ever have done. Don't need cars to make statements - just need them to give pure driving pleasure, loads of fuel efficiency that allows you to take off on regular weekend driving holidays of more than a 1000 kms without even thinking about it and an initial cost that gives you the most bang for your buck. With a performance that's 5.26 seconds faster than the 166 bhp Cruze in the 40-100 kmph roll on times, a fuel efficiency of 20.5 kmpl and a low initial cost I can't think of a car that meets that formula better than the Rapid.
Good for you! Seems like you made a neat choice yeah the cruze has never been known for its in-gear acceleration I guess it has always been a sortof muscle car in a sports car world you know: loads of power but no impressive way of implementing it, no brilliant chassis to see it deliver those horses in the corners :P 20 km to the liter you say, well it's nice to know some of us will be spending less time at the petrol bunks
Old 16th November 2012, 12:45   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Good for you! Seems like you made a neat choice yeah the cruze has never been known for its in-gear acceleration I guess it has always been a sortof muscle car in a sports car world you know: loads of power but no impressive way of implementing it, no brilliant chassis to see it deliver those horses in the corners :P 20 km to the liter you say, well it's nice to know some of us will be spending less time at the petrol bunks
I hadn't read through all the posts but just added one as I had started this thread. I just noticed now that you have bought a Kizashi. As I have said in an earlier post in this thread, the Kizashi was benchmarked against the base models of the C and A4 and in tests such as slalom, braking etc it even bettered these cars. Also being a product of Nurburgring testing, the car is a great handler too. Having experienced Japanese bullet proof reliability for more than 13 years and still experiencing it, I can tell you that this is one car that will certainly minimise your visits to the workshop and there will be very few cars in the world that ever would beat it on reliability. Congratulations on a fantastic buy!
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 13:15   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hadn't read through all the posts but just added one as I had started this thread. I just noticed now that you have bought a Kizashi. As I have said in an earlier post in this thread, the Kizashi was benchmarked against the base models of the C and A4 and in tests such as slalom, braking etc it even bettered these cars. Also being a product of Nurburgring testing, the car is a great handler too. Having experienced Japanese bullet proof reliability for more than 13 years and still experiencing it, I can tell you that this is one car that will certainly minimise your visits to the workshop and there will be very few cars in the world that ever would beat it on reliability. Congratulations on a fantastic buy!
Thanks! You are right about the impracticalities of a petrol in our country though :P in the fuel economy department this thing is a dinosaur me and the rest of my family still buy petrol cars without much hesitation because my father's company has some sort of contract or deal where he gets a tax cut or something for all the petrol we buy
Old 16th November 2012, 13:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but thankfully I own a Rapid and it gives me a lot more kicks (literally) than the Kizashi would ever have done.
I am simply amazed that you have managed to compare a Skoda Rapid to a Suzuki Kizashi. Cars from two different ends of the spectrum. You might want to drive a Kizashi extensively before ruling it out. The Rapid sounds and feels like a tractor beside the Kizashi and will not hold a candle to it for sheer driving pleasure. The Kizashi is leagues ahead in every department. You should not be comparing a Rapid to a Kizashi. They just don't figure. If you could afford a Kizashi, I doubt if fuel bills would ever bother you. Or, as you said, just get that used BMW if it makes more sense. I don't think it does.

I agree that the original pricing for a Kizashi was lame. With the revised pricing, it just demolishes everything. I don't get this part too, if people can call a Kizashi over priced, that too for a CBU, I wonder how it is fare to accept a Skoda Laura vRS at 20lac. You have to be a fool to go buy the Laura L&K edition for 24lac on road in my city. That too for a car made right here. Buying a Kizashi at 18lac (on road, now even lower) means you have no brain but it is perfectly acceptable to buy a Skoda Laura for 20lac+. I don't know how this works. With a Skoda, you are part of the cool club and you have to deal with a hit or miss after sales experience. Personally, I am also more comfortable with Suzuki service than Skoda.
sandeepmohan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 13:38   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
With a Skoda, you are part of the cool club and you have to deal with a hit or miss after sales experience. Personally, I am also more comfortable with Suzuki service than Skoda.
+1

Couldn't agree with you more. Yeah the L&K laura @ 24 l OTR is madness. That too without a Sunroof ! And the Kizashi is a really good alternative to the Laura vRs come to think of it.

Sad that the cool club does not understand anything better than 0-100 times (besides who is going to test that claim everytime on public roads)
Old 16th November 2012, 13:44   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Sad that the cool club does not understand anything better than 0-100 times
I am not against Skoda in any way. Their cars are good to drive and are made well. What I can't accept is shooting down the competition that could be as good or better, that depends on the individual and how one judges the car.

Oh and it is not just 0-100-0 times, how can you forget efficiency. For once, throw kmpl out of the window and enjoy the drive.
Old 16th November 2012, 14:05   #194

Does GTO have any news on how many Kizashis have been sold since 01 November 2012.
And more importantly - how many does Maruti Suzuki have in stock at Gurgaon?

Can we expect even better deals in Jan 2013 on the 2011 cars?

At what price would it make sense for a driving enthusiast to buy a 2011 Kizashi - to compensate for its low resale value and low fuel economy?
Old 16th November 2012, 14:25   #195
Senior - BHPian

I think we're all getting caught up in an argument of sorts here perhaps what veyronsupersprt was trying to say is that Suzuki might have got the pricing right but they still need a diesel engine to capture the masses here in India Oh and so far I have only received compliments on this thing people love the contrasting platinum silver paint job and the contoured rear of this car from my experience, I think even with a market as immature as ours the Kizashi still seems to be cool
Closed Thread