Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2013, 19:26   #271
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

About 10 days ago, I got a chance to ride in an automatic Kizashi. Was impressed with everyting; seating, ride, handling, acceleration, braking, NVH levels, etc. I asked the person who uses it the proverbial question: Kitna Deti Hai? Less than 8km/l was the answer. That's a little too expensive for me. The car owners have multiple Maruti dealerships. I asked how many were in stock. None, thankfully, was the answer. They are a bigger auto group and sell high volumes, and I guess they were able to stave off Maruti flogging extra stock on them.

Fabulous car. If I could afford the running cost, I would have bought one at these discounts.
Old 8th May 2013, 19:33   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
About 10 days ago, I got a chance to ride in an automatic Kizashi. Was impressed with everyting; seating, ride, handling, acceleration, braking, NVH levels, etc. I asked the person who uses it the proverbial question: Kitna Deti Hai? Less than 8km/l was the answer. That's a little too expensive for me. The car owners have multiple Maruti dealerships. I asked how many were in stock. None, thankfully, was the answer. They are a bigger auto group and sell high volumes, and I guess they were able to stave off Maruti flogging extra stock on them.

Fabulous car. If I could afford the running cost, I would have bought one at these discounts.
That is absolutely wrong information. The Kizashi CVT tends to give marginally more mileage than the Manual transmission. My manual give 9-10 in city and 12-13 on highway. So it is impossible that a CVT can give lower than that. The CVT should be somewhere in between 10-11 in city 13.5 on highway.

If you live in Ahmedabad I know a dealer who could get you a White 2012 MT at around 13 Lakhs.

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th May 2013 at 19:35.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:02   #273
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Suzuki isn't wrong in comparing the car with the above named cars because in the US of A the Kizashi competes with Mercedes C300, the Audi A4 and the Acura TSX and literally defeats all of them in accelaration, braking, handling and safety It even managed to average out 560 units per month before suzuki declared bankruptcy in America.
Err - that is not true. The Kizashi could not have been faster than the C300 or A4. The Kizashi (AFAIK) does about a 7.5 second 0-60. The A4 does that under 7 seconds, and pretty sure the C300 is also in the same ballpark. Don't know where you quoted that from.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:06   #274
BHPian

Default Re: Kizashi at a whopping discount of Rs.5 lakhs!! UPDATE: Now at 11.49 L, Details Pg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Err - that is not true. The Kizashi could not have been faster than the C300 or A4. The Kizashi (AFAIK) does about a 7.5 second 0-60. The A4 does that under 7 seconds, and pretty sure the C300 is also in the same ballpark. Don't know where you quoted that from.
I might be wrong about the acceleration part but not about the other things.

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th May 2013 at 20:10.
Old 8th May 2013, 20:28   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I might be wrong about the acceleration part but not about the other things.
True that. It does have its plus points.

But the point is, there would always be cars from a lesser segment that perform better than cars of a higher segment. Pretty sure the Accord V6 is faster than most entry level luxury sedans. But then when I'm in the market to buy an Accord, I'm never really looking for an Audi or Merc (and vice versa). So while Suzuki succeeded in making a car that is competitive above its segment in some attributes, the segment that it fights in looks at totally different attributes - like fuel economy, low depreciation, oodles of space, low cost of ownership etc. I guess that no matter how good the performance numbers are, for a bread and butter family sedan in the US, without ticking the boxes on FE, Space etc., there is never a chance of success. Unlucky for a good car, i suppose.
vineethvazhayil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 20:37   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
True that. It does have its plus points.

But the point is, there would always be cars from a lesser segment that perform better than cars of a higher segment. Pretty sure the Accord V6 is faster than most entry level luxury sedans. But then when I'm in the market to buy an Accord, I'm never really looking for an Audi or Merc (and vice versa). So while Suzuki succeeded in making a car that is competitive above its segment in some attributes, the segment that it fights in looks at totally different attributes - like fuel economy, low depreciation, oodles of space, low cost of ownership etc. I guess that no matter how good the performance numbers are, for a bread and butter family sedan in the US, without ticking the boxes on FE, Space etc., there is never a chance of success. Unlucky for a good car, i suppose.
I actually had considered C 220 CDI while going for the Kizashi but the pathetic attitude and knowledge of the sales team and the narrowness of the car made me reject it. See to understand in a better manner why i rejected the C class here (Suzuki Kizashi - Unleash the Beast)
Old 8th May 2013, 20:58   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My manual give 9-10 in city and 12-13 on highway. So it is impossible that a CVT can give lower than that. The CVT should be somewhere in between 10-11 in city 13.5 on highway.
I find this a little hard to believe. That is some incredible efficiency for a 2400cc naturally aspirated engine. My Linea T Jet delivers about the same efficiency as your Kizashi in the city cycle and this car is down by a 1000cc. I have never managed anything above 12 on the highway. Then again; my driving has never been in a way to get the best efficiency.

Its not the same picture with Bluu's Kizi CVT. In choc a block Bangalore traffic, he got less than 5kmpl. He was spending Rs. 2000 on gas for every four days he used the car. Had to jump back on his Aviator else would have run broke.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 20:59   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I find this a little hard to believe. That is some incredible efficiency for a 2400cc naturally aspirated engine. My Linea T Jet delivers about the same efficiency as your Kizashi in the city cycle and this car is down by a 1000cc. I have never managed anything above 12 on the highway. Then again; my driving has never been in a way to get the best efficiency.

Its not the same picture with Bluu's Kizi CVT. In choc a block Bangalore traffic, he got less than 5kmpl. He was spending Rs. 2000 on gas for every four days he used the car. Had to jump back on his Aviator else would have run broke.
I spend a total of Rs 5000 on petrol for the Kizashi in a month. I use unleaded petrol as advised in the owners manual.

The MID shows aroung 9.6 in the city and 12.1 on the highway. I keep the car between 60-80 on the highway in cruise control to get optimal effeciency.

If you feel this is high in the US of A the kizash gives 23MPG(12 Km/L) in the city and 29 MPG(15 Km/L) that is in the CVT

It is important to note that when the low fuel lamp goes on in the Kizashi there is still a reserve of 10L that is around 100KM so a full tank that is with reserve can take 600-630 KMs

Last edited by rockporiom : 8th May 2013 at 21:26.
Old 9th May 2013, 02:14   #279
BHPian

Quote:

I discussed the mileage of bluu's kizzie with my dad(who drives the car for majority of the time) and he nearly fell of the chair hearing the figures. He suggests getting the fuel tank and fuel pipes checked for any kinds of leaks as it is impossible to get such kind of mileage even by flooring the car and abusing it in every manner. The worst you can possibly get is 7 that too if you drive like a total hooligan with no road sense. What mileage you are telling is equivalent to the mileage of an accord V6
Old 9th May 2013, 10:28   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The worst you can possibly get is 7 that too if you drive like a total hooligan with no road sense. What mileage you are telling is equivalent to the mileage of an accord V6
No. It can go lower. 7kmpl is a number that is very difficult to achieve with a 2400cc engine. I am not ruling it out. Its just that our traffic won't let that happen.

Quote:
I use unleaded petrol as advised in the owners manual.
Unleaded is all you get nowadays.

Quote:
The MID shows aroung 9.6 in the city and 12.1 on the highway.
The MID is not the best judge for coming up with the actual efficiency. Please try tankful to tankful.

Quote:
I keep the car between 60-80 on the highway in cruise control to get optimal effeciency.
What? Man you sure have some patience to drive a car like this at the legal limit. If I had a Kizi, the speeds would be hovering over twice those numbers:-)

Quote:
If you feel this is high in the US of A the kizash gives 23MPG(12 Km/L) in the city and 29 MPG(15 Km/L) that is in the CVT
This measurement is based on their traffic cycle. I know its quite bad out there but nothing compares to the chaos and volume of traffic on our roads.

Quote:
It is important to note that when the low fuel lamp goes on in the Kizashi there is still a reserve of 10L
Most cars provide a similar buffer. My Linea has a good 10 litres left after the lamp turns on. I feel the calibration of the lamp is not very accurate in my car. I once had the needle hit the empty mark and was panicking to reach a gas station. When I tanked up, I could fill no more than 39 litres.
Old 9th May 2013, 10:37   #281
BHPian

Quote:
No. It can go lower. 7kmpl is a number that is very difficult to achieve with a 2400cc engine. I am not ruling it out. Its just that our traffic won't let that happen.
Its not me alone even IshaanIan is getting better figures than me leave alone same. This is the PM he sent me

"Well I have never tested with the ac off but I get 10.5 in the city and 13 on the highway. If I drive really economically in the city I get 12 and if I cap my top speed to 120 I get about 14 on the highway. Aggressive late-for-my-date-driving gives me 7-8 in the city and racing everyone on the highway gives me 11 "

Quote:
The MID is not the best judge for coming up with the actual efficiency. Please try tankful to tankful.
I have tried both and the MID seems to be pretty accurate. There might be at Max a difference of .6 Km/l

Quote:
What? Man you sure have some patience to drive a car like this at the legal limit. If I had a Kizi, the speeds would be hovering over twice those numbers:-)
I follow these only when I am low on fuel. Otherwise 100 is the minimum speed on the highway but not very fast around 120 max or else Dad would kill me
Old 9th May 2013, 11:23   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
"Well I have never tested with the ac off but I get 10.5 in the city and 13 on the highway. If I drive really economically in the city I get 12 and if I cap my top speed to 120 I get about 14 on the highway.
I would be amazed if my SX4 returned that much both on the city and highway. I admit that it has never been driven sedately, but still I get around 10 in city and 13.5 on the highway. Not sure if I have to drive sedately or get a Kizzie engine into my car
Old 9th May 2013, 11:36   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its not me alone even IshaanIan is getting better figures than me leave alone same. This is the PM he sent me
Wow. That is just incredible. For a 2.4l to deliver such efficiency is something. I can barely manage those city and highway numbers with a 1.4l engine.

The low efficiency number can also be an indication of the cvt robbing a lot of traction. It all depends on how you regulate the throttle in a cvt. I know Bluu not just from this forum, we were colleagues once and are great pals. His driving is on the aggressive side. That is what I recall from his SX4 days. I doubt if Bluu is anywhere as aggressive with the Kizi.

Got to hand it to Suzuki for building a very efficient engine.

Quote:
else Dad would kill me
So what; at least you got to take the car to what ever speeds you wish. he he.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 9th May 2013 at 11:38.
Old 9th May 2013, 11:41   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. That is just incredible. For a 2.4l to deliver such efficiency is something. I can barely manage those city and highway numbers with a 1.4l engine.

The low efficiency number can also be an indication of the cvt robbing a lot of traction. It all depends on how you regulate the throttle in a cvt. I know Bluu not just from this forum, we were colleagues once and are great pals. His driving is on the aggressive side. That is what I recall from his SX4 days. I doubt if Bluu is anywhere as aggressive with the Kizi.

Got to hand it to Suzuki for building a very efficient engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I would be amazed if my SX4 returned that much both on the city and highway. I admit that it has never been driven sedately, but still I get around 10 in city and 13.5 on the highway. Not sure if I have to drive sedately or get a Kizzie engine into my car
I was also skeptical when the Kizashi was considered but the mileage it is giving is just incredible. Need to seek some tips from IshaanIan on how to improve FE figures. I am getting somewhere around 9-11 in the city and 12-13 in the highway.

I have learnt that it guzzles in first three gears but if you have it in sixth between 60-80 it can be extremly effecient though it is very difficult to resist from the urge of putting your footdown once in a while I would suggest him to use the manual mode for a while and see if there is any improvement.

Quote:
So what; at least you got to take the car to what ever speeds you wish. he he.
No thanks I would prefer to live another day to enjoy the car.
Live today to speed tomorrow

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th May 2013 at 11:49.
Old 9th May 2013, 11:51   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it is very difficult to resist from the urge of putting your footdown once in a while
I am not sure how you look at this but why are you on a mission to extract the most miles out of this car? Enjoy it. Isn't this the reason you bought a Kizashi? I can't for the life imagine driving this car like how some folks drive diesels. Diesels are already know to be more efficient than petrol yet some folks feather the throttle on their diesel cars to extract the most out of the fuel. Remove that MID displaying efficiency and mash the throttle whenever there is a opportunity. That is how you drive a Kizashi.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread