Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th May 2013, 11:54   #286
BHPian

Default re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am not sure how you look at this but why are you on a mission to extract the most miles out of this car? Enjoy it. Isn't this the reason you bought a Kizashi? I can't for the life imagine driving this car like how some folks drive diesels. Diesels are already know to be more efficient than petrol yet some folks feather the throttle on their diesel cars to extract the most out of the fuel. Remove that MID displaying efficiency and mash the throttle whenever there is a opportunity. That is how you drive a Kizashi.
When I have my father on the side who pays the fuel bills, you can understand as to why I am in these limits. The worst part is that he himself drives it above 100 and then if the mileage is low he tells me that I am speeding a cunning trick I must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
True that Without looking at the speedo, one cannot realise he/she is speeding. And in cars like the kizashi, I think we must make more use of the brakes rather than the accelarator in order to keep it below 80. 2.4 liters of WOW.
Dad has found an easy way to check whether I am in the limits with the CRUISE control can't use more smileys that's why bold. He sits next to me and ensures that it is on and set to 70 or 80, plus I am a new driver so can't do much about it.

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th May 2013 at 12:01.
Old 9th May 2013, 11:57   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
. Remove that MID displaying efficiency and mash the throttle whenever there is a opportunity. That is how you drive a Kizashi.
True that Without looking at the speedo, one cannot realise he/she is speeding. And in cars like the kizashi, I think we must make more use of the brakes rather than the accelarator in order to keep it below 80. 2.4 liters of WOW.
Old 9th May 2013, 12:35   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
When I have my father on the side who pays the fuel bills, you can understand as to why I am in these limits. The worst part is that he himself drives it above 100 and then if the mileage is low he tells me that I am speeding a cunning trick I must say.
Speaking from experience, I think your Dad is not the only one who behaves like that when the son drives.

Quote:
plus I am a new driver so can't do much about it.
And this is probably the foremost reason for him doing that, to ensure that his kid and car don't end up wrapped around a tree - appreciate that aspect.

There will be enough time and opportunity to drive as you like, once you have good experience behind the wheel.

Anyway enough OT.
gomzi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 15:16   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic
I would be amazed if my SX4 returned that much both on the city and highway. I admit that it has never been driven sedately, but still I get around 10 in city and 13.5 on the highway. Not sure if I have to drive sedately or get a Kizzie engine into my car
Don't know about the Kizashi, but the SX4 is a heavy car. Coming as a replacement for the 990kg Baleno, it weighs in at close to 1.2tonnes. So FE would be lesser. Plus it is taller - possibly wind-drag losses. Plus other factors like when torque is available etc could make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan
I am not sure how you look at this but why are you on a mission to extract the most miles out of this car? Enjoy it. Isn't this the reason you bought a Kizashi? I can't for the life imagine driving this car like how some folks drive diesels.
Agree 100%. If you were in the pursuit to extract the max FE out of every drop of petrol, a 2.4litre petrol car should not be in your list. Drive the K to enjoy it (without rash driving). If fuel bills are an issue, use a beater car for normal weekday errands and reserve the Kizashi for those pure adrenalin drives on Sundays alone.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:42   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
plus I am a new driver so can't do much about it.
If you are a new driver, then the equation is simple. Your main objective should be rack up as many miles as possible under your belt without any major incidents. After you complete 20,000 k's your ability to judge the applicability of speed will be far enhanced.

the way I differentiate a good driver and a bad driver is how a good driver avoids the 'near-misses' or keeps such instances to miserly single digit figures in any long drive. When you rack up such 'good miles', you automatically become a good driver. Until then it's sweat & tears, though not necessarily if you switch on the a/c.
lurker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 17:19   #291
Senior - BHPian

This car is amazingly efficient on the Bangalore to Hyderabad highway which I often go on, and I constantly get figures between 12-14 this is with cruise control at 120-140, putting the occasional verna that overtakes back in its place :P and 0-100 dashes after every toll booth
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 18:54   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
This car is amazingly efficient on the Bangalore to Hyderabad highway which I often go on, and I constantly get figures between 12-14 this is with cruise control at 120-140, putting the occasional verna that overtakes back in its place :P and 0-100 dashes after every toll booth
You sure do sound like a pure racing blood Kizashi driver. So that means to really means to get maximum mileage out I have to be somewhere near 120.

Great information need to tell my dad about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Don't know about the Kizashi, but the SX4 is a heavy car. Coming as a replacement for the 990kg Baleno, it weighs in at close to 1.2tonnes. So FE would be lesser. Plus it is taller - possibly wind-drag losses. Plus other factors like when torque is available etc could make a difference.
The Kizashi kerb weight is 1460 Kilos and gross weight is 2 tonnes. But the Kizashi is aerodynamic and it has more power. The engine is made to develope maximum power at minimum cost.

Last edited by rockporiom : 9th May 2013 at 18:57.
Old 9th May 2013, 20:25   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You sure do sound like a pure racing blood Kizashi driver. So that means to really means to get maximum mileage out I have to be somewhere near 120.

Great information need to tell my dad about this
Hahaha. You have to be to truly enjoy the machine.
On the highway, with climate control on auto and cruise control set between 100-120 at 6th keeps the large motor breathing quite easily, ofcourse breaking overtaking and avoiding vehicles and then resetting, the mileage you get will really impress you. When in the city the trick is a light right foot and early braking. A superb 1.8tsi owner was truly shocked when he heard how efficient this 2.4l naturally aspirated no nonsense engine was (frankly, so was I passed the break-in period) My car has currently logged 11000kms I guess the mileage wont improve from here on :P We knew what we were getting into with a large petrol and with no direct ignition or any other fancy modern tech apart from variable valve timing, we were ready to accept fuel efficiency figures between 6-8. This ownership experience has made us even more pleased with the car and I couldn't ask for more.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th May 2013 at 20:42.
Old 9th May 2013, 20:50   #294
BHPian

WAIT- I thought that the stock of kizashis ran out - they're still available!?
Old 9th May 2013, 21:00   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
WAIT- I thought that the stock of kizashis ran out - they're still available!?
In some cities, yes. AFAIK stock is completely cleared in all the big cities and even most states. If you or anyone else is looking out to buy one, the trick is to call every dealership and pester them about the car. They don't seem to be very knowledgeable or very keen on selling it, infact when I bought the car and wanted to cancel the torque blue swift zxi booking I made as a fail safe since waiting periods were long :P, they were very reluctant (maybe they rake lower profits from the sale of a kiz? Idk.) They will eventually assign a senior to you who will help in sourcing one even if it is from another city in the state

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th May 2013 at 21:01.
Old 9th May 2013, 21:47   #296
BHPian

Quote:
In some cities, yes. AFAIK stock is completely cleared in all the big cities and even most states. If you or anyone else is looking out to buy one, the trick is to call every dealership and pester them about the car. They don't seem to be very knowledgeable or very keen on selling it, infact when I bought the car and wanted to cancel the torque blue swift zxi booking I made as a fail safe since waiting periods were long :P, they were very reluctant (maybe they rake lower profits from the sale of a kiz? Idk.) They will eventually assign a senior to you who will help in sourcing one even if it is from another city in the state
Yeah you need to seriously pester them or else they will hide the offers from you. One of the dealers (no prizes for guessing which one) nearly sold my dad an old one saying it is a new import without discounts. Not that I wouldn't have stopped my dad but one needs to be careful. After I informed my dad about the dirty tricks the dealer is playing he stopped all communication with the dealer.
Old 10th May 2013, 00:53   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We knew what we were getting into with a large petrol and with no direct ignition or any other fancy modern tech apart from variable valve timing, we were ready to accept fuel efficiency figures between 6-8. This ownership experience has made us even more pleased with the car and I couldn't ask for more.
Oops! Meant Direct Injection. Wonder what I was thinking off :P

Quote:
Yeah you need to seriously pester them or else they will hide the offers from you. One of the dealers (no prizes for guessing which one) nearly sold my dad an old one saying it is a new import without discounts. Not that I wouldn't have stopped my dad but one needs to be careful. After I informed my dad about the dirty tricks the dealer is playing he stopped all communication with the dealer.
I always maintain that dealers never dangle the best offers in front of you. As a customer, it is in your best interest to do your homework, be well informed about what you want and what you can get, put your game-face on, and then visit the showrooms. Good that he did that. Sometimes it gets really difficult to cut-off all communication from sales people.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 10th May 2013 at 00:59.
Old 10th May 2013, 01:37   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Oops! Meant Direct Injection. Wonder what I was thinking off :P

I always maintain that dealers never dangle the best offers in front of you. As a customer, it is in your best interest to do your homework, be well informed about what you want and what you can get, put your game-face on, and then visit the showrooms. Good that he did that. Sometimes it gets really difficult to cut-off all communication from sales people.

I am sorry to disappoint you but your first quote was right Kizashi doesn't have direct injection google it.

yeah it had to be done no point in keeping communications with fraudsters.

Just made an observation that all Kizashi owners in Team bhp have their Avataar as their kizahi this proves that Kizashi

Last edited by rockporiom : 10th May 2013 at 01:50.
Old 10th May 2013, 02:09   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am sorry to disappoint you but your first quote was right Kizashi doesn't have direct injection google it.

yeah it had to be done no point in keeping communications with fraudsters.

Just made an observation that all Kizashi owners in Team bhp have their Avataar as their kizahi this proves that Kizashi

Yeah I know there isn't any DI I was correcting myself for saying ignition :P wow didn't notice that myself how many of us are there on the forum?
Old 10th May 2013, 02:11   #300
BHPian

Just for information for insterested Buyers there are only two 2012 Kizashi MT's left in Ahmedabad to be sold. So if anyone(team bhp members as well as non members) is interested in getting it he should go and have a look as you won't get such a well built Japanese monster with such high mileage, power and build quality in this price.

Quote:
Yeah I know there isn't any DI I was correcting myself for saying ignition :P wow didn't notice that myself how many of us are there on the forum?
I have all Kizashi owners(not that here are many) in my buddy list they are:

1) IshaanIan

2) Rockporiom

3) Bluu

4) MVenkat

5) puzz

6) hooloovoo

Last edited by rockporiom : 10th May 2013 at 02:33.
Closed Thread