Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2013, 19:46   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi - Discussion Thread

^^^That should be a matter of pride for us. In the sense that while the parent is losing the plot, the Indian subsidiary is keeping it afloat. Anyway this is OT.

Back to topic, are all the old stock sold off under discounts or still some left ? If the old stock is over and they are now importing against fresh order, any idea what the price is now ?

P.S.: I had emailed all the dealers in Chennai about availability - not a single response. Contrast this with a dealer in Goa who not only responded immediately, but also had cars available.
Old 26th June 2013, 20:41   #347
Senior - BHPian

There will definitely be some old stock left, not in any major cities though, and once that's all sold off, and one has to buy one on order, the prices will be the same as pre-discount.

Even back when the discounts had just been announced and I wanted the car, it was difficult to get any response from dealerships. I had to keep calling and questioning and noting down other numbers and being transfered. After that it was a very pleasant experience. I recommend calling every dealership in your city and even the major ones in your state you will have to be patient with the guys on the phone but you are bound to get a response.

Good luck to everyone else trying to get their hands on one.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:04   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
I don't think so. There will definitely be an impact on performance plus the amount of wear and tear will be more.

Absolutely right, I simply can't understand how the owner took such a risk.
@rockporiom -
I am not sure of the basis on which you have been going hammer and tongs on the CNG conversion.
There are numerous threads from many team-bhpians like frankmehta who have reported excellent driveability and economy with relatively minimal disruption to the electricals /mechanicals of the automobile.
Thet the owner would have lost warranty is a given - but it is not clear from the picture if it was a "Kizashi" that was converted to CNG
Even if it was, I am sure the owner would have weighed the pros and cons before taking the decision and if he did decide, that's his call.
On the CNG conversion itself, I have had my innova and alto converted and have had many thousand miles of hassle free driving experience - and no - I DONT own a CNG conversion facility nor am I advertising it.
I am all for choice for the consumer and I believe that is one of the founding principles of this forum.
Enthusiasts - no offence intended.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:08   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
@rockporiom -
I am not sure of the basis on which you have been going hammer and tongs on the CNG conversion.
There are numerous threads from many team-bhpians like frankmehta who have reported excellent driveability and economy with relatively minimal disruption to the electricals /mechanicals of the automobile.
Thet the owner would have lost warranty is a given - but it is not clear from the picture if it was a "Kizashi" that was converted to CNG
Even if it was, I am sure the owner would have weighed the pros and cons before taking the decision and if he did decide, that's his call.
On the CNG conversion itself, I have had my innova and alto converted and have had many thousand miles of hassle free driving experience - and no - I DONT own a CNG conversion facility nor am I advertising it.
I am all for choice for the consumer and I believe that is one of the founding principles of this forum.
Enthusiasts - no offence intended.
Be rest assured that the picture is of a kizashi as I had taken the pic personally. The owner is the owner of a maruti showroom so I doubt about weighing the pros and cons.

Last edited by rockporiom : 26th June 2013 at 21:11.
Old 26th June 2013, 21:57   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
There will definitely be some old stock left, not in any major cities though, and once that's all sold off, and one has to buy one on order, the prices will be the same as pre-discount....
On order as in one has to wait for it to be imported as there will be zero stockyard stock. Could you comment on wait times for the same?
Thanks.
Old 26th June 2013, 22:11   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
On order as in one has to wait for it to be imported as there will be zero stockyard stock. Could you comment on wait times for the same?
Thanks.
Yes they have essentially stopped stocking the car so you order it, it is built in Sagara, imported from Japan, things are checked and programmed (I assume) and then it is transported to whichever city where it gets an TC and then TR plates and finally is in your hands. This should take around 2 months
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 14:26   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^That should be a matter of pride for us. In the sense that while the parent is losing the plot, the Indian subsidiary is keeping it afloat. Anyway this is OT..
On the contrary, I feel pity of ourselves, there are quite a few superior engines & vehicles in Suzuki's global stable that we do not get in India. This has hit Suzuki's image adversely in India, & its bigger vehicles are not considered premium enough.

IMO, Kizashi's sales are suffering, resulting in it being discoutinued, because of the same reason.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:40   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is not discontinued, but will take the GV way. It will be imported on order.
Old 4th July 2013, 13:48   #354
Senior - BHPian

I just finished 15k kms so I'd like to point out the flaws in this car as I believe only with living with a car, can you make them out.
1. The quality of the front grille. I understand that this is probably subjected to the most wear due to dust, insects etc, but I feel it should be made to withstand that. It is getting minor scratches and I can predict the paint on the grille chipping away at this rate.
2. The letters on the head unit's display are too large.
3. The lack of an autodimming rearview mirror.
4. I like the airy and light feeling that the interiors provide but those beige seats get dirty way too quick.
5. I don't know if it is the same with the other paint jobs but the silver is bloody difficult to clean.
6. Handles and rides beautifully for something shod on 17inchers but that multi link suspension also means constant wheel alignment checks.
7. This I think is the biggest flaw: prominent brake fade.

Apart from that stuff, it's all smiles
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 17:26   #355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just finished 15k kms so I'd like to point out the flaws in this car as I believe only with living with a car, can you make them out.

5. I don't know if it is the same with the other paint jobs but the silver is bloody difficult to clean.
6. Handles and rides beautifully for something shod on 17inchers but that multi link suspension also means constant wheel alignment checks.
Silver is one of the easier colours to maintain I thought. Do you get your car waxed/ detailed once in a while? If not, then its a good idea to get it done. The wax acts as a layer of protection and it will then be easier to clean. Always use microfibre cloth for cleaning.

Why should the multi-link suspension require constant alignment checks?

Try getting the brakes bled and replace brake fluid. Brakefluid can get contaminated over time and it also absorbs moisture. Its a good idea to replace brake fluid every 15K kms.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 19:07   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brake fade? Have you tried bleeding your lines? I can't imagine a decent road car facing severe brake fade unless you have air in your lines or are repeatedly braking very hard from high speeds in a short space of time.
Old 4th July 2013, 19:24   #357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Brake fade? Have you tried bleeding your lines? I can't imagine a decent road car facing severe brake fade unless you have air in your lines or are repeatedly braking very hard from high speeds in a short space of time.
All Hondas I've driven in India. Apply brakes with medium force from 120 to slow down to about 60, its fine. Do it again, its still ok. Do it the 3rd time, brake fade, and how!
Old 4th July 2013, 19:44   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
All Hondas I've driven in India. Apply brakes with medium force from 120 to slow down to about 60, its fine. Do it again, its still ok. Do it the 3rd time, brake fade, and how!
Perhaps, but that is quite an unusual sequence of braking for a street car I would imagine. In this case you need better brake fluid.
Old 4th July 2013, 20:49   #359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Perhaps, but that is quite an unusual sequence of braking for a street car I would imagine. In this case you need better brake fluid.
I don't mean at once, the time difference between each braking attempt would be a minute or 2 at least. Sometimes this can happen even on the expressway, with fools driving at ridiculous speeds in the overtaking lane, or something just cutting in front of you. In those scenarios you wouldn't want brake fade.
Old 4th July 2013, 20:57   #360
Senior - BHPian

No you never want brake fade. Maybe they use sub-par brake fluid.
Closed Thread