Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2012, 13:29   #46
BHPian

Post Re: Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Oops! My bad. The sales person did not mention airbags when he listed out the specs of the TRD Liva diesel. In that case GD-SP + alloys is the way to go. But I doubt if one can get these from Toyota. Thanks a ton for pointing it out Mister_M

Cheers,
K
My Pleasure Kaush, these Sales guys seem to have done their best job with you then

I did a car-comparision among the hot diesel hatches Figo, Swift and Liva GDSP with this one Liva Sportiva (choose manually for Figo Titanium, Swift ZXI, Liva GDSP and Liva Sportiva - all variants where ex-showroom prices are around 6L). I find this comparision sheet very interesting, it will definitely help any prospective buyer like you.

Link: Compare Ford Figo and Maruti Swift and Toyota Etios Liva and Toyota Etios Liva | CarDekho.com

My personal choice after looking at this comparo-chart would be Liva GDSP.

Reasons for rejecting the other 3:
Figo: Very impressive car, but feels much smaller on highways & scary Ford Service stories.
Swift: King-car in this segment, definitely a good contender. Still, very less rear passenger room, loooooooooong waiting periods & mainly ample swifts on road feels "just another car among the masses" (this is just my feeling, definitely not to provoke Swift owners out there)
Liva Sportiva: No Airbags, No Music system & definitely too much over-priced for the cosmetics thrown in! Liva GDSP is a far better choice to this!
Mister_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 17:20   #47
BHPian

Spotted this TRD Sportivo Liva in Anna nagar , this afternoon. It was a test drive vehicle. Tried overtaking it but it was way too fast.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120824_171959.png
Views: 5230
Size:  297.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120824_172018.png
Views: 4063
Size:  279.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120824_172037.png
Views: 4091
Size:  335.6 KB
Old 9th October 2012, 12:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Toyota Etios TRD Sportivo

Toyota have launched the limited edition Etios badged as Etios TRD Sportivo @ Rs.625K (Petrol) & Rs.731K (Diesel) respectively. Basically, the same accessories as in TRD Liva Sportivo are now available for the Etios too.
Please refer below link for details:

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new..._le/index.aspx

Link to brochure:

http://www.toyotabharat.com/cars/new...-brochure.aspx

IMO, Toyota should also work on improving the interiors & also the exteriors of the car rather than these half-hearted measures. But, still the Etios TRD Sportivo is VFM over Etios.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 15:23   #49
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Dont understand the logic of Toyota in providing the ABS with EBD in Diesel variant and skipping it in petrol variant. Do they feel the diesel buyers are more privilaged?

Also the diesel mileage claim of 23.59 kmpl is as certfied by the testing agency under rule 115 of CMVR. Which is the testing agency is not known
I think, Even GTO mentioned that the 23.59KMPL is certified by ARAI.

So how come the agency is not known? I think, the FE should be certified by either ARAI or SIAM.
Old 9th October 2012, 19:50   #50
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
I think, Even GTO mentioned that the 23.59KMPL is certified by ARAI.

So how come the agency is not known? I think, the FE should be certified by either ARAI or SIAM.
It is SIAM certified. I got that pamphlet along with my Liva.
And yes, i got close to the claimed mileage - 24.5kmpl on the highway with AC on while doing a constant 100-110kmph.
Old 10th October 2012, 11:41   #51
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Re: Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!

Guys, i have seen that many of you are complaining about this car, in one or the other way.

Took a testdrive of Etios D. I would say, its a Damn good car.
Yes, the engine noise is more, Dash looks cheap, chairs are not that good looking, Too much space, Cheap wheels R14, Metal quality is pathetic, But the Drive was beautiful The vehicle handles very decently, and the trust of Toyota. Driver position is damn good and the power on demand from D4D is damn good, The clutch is so soft and simple to use.

No other cars meet this, I have seen people complaining about clutch in Xuv, Vento, Linea, and Duster too...
The driver chair is spot on, which is not available in SX4, Duster, Linea ...... (read from threads... )
I have seen MJD in fiat vehicles facing compression issues at 50-75K, which will not happen with toyota's. and the turbos and brakes of Swift & Dzire are not that good. Again this wont happen with Toyota.

Yes, because of the above mentioned specs, the car is cheaper than you all said verna, linea, sx4, vento and others.

Toyota, can add good chairs and give a good dash and increse the price by another 60-90 K, which doesnt add any value in my opinion. The existing stuff look a bit cheap, but they are really durable. Thinking........
gemi_kk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Guys, i have seen that many of you are complaining about this car, in one or the other way.

Took a testdrive of Etios D. I would say, its a Damn good car.
Yes, the engine noise is more, Dash looks cheap, chairs are not that good looking, Too much space, Cheap wheels R14, Metal quality is pathetic, But the Drive was beautiful The vehicle handles very decently, and the trust of Toyota. Driver position is damn good and the power on demand from D4D is damn good, The clutch is so soft and simple to use.

No other cars meet this, I have seen people complaining about clutch in Xuv, Vento, Linea, and Duster too...
The driver chair is spot on, which is not available in SX4, Duster, Linea ...... (read from threads... )
I have seen MJD in fiat vehicles facing compression issues at 50-75K, which will not happen with toyota's. and the turbos and brakes of Swift & Dzire are not that good. Again this wont happen with Toyota.

Yes, because of the above mentioned specs, the car is cheaper than you all said verna, linea, sx4, vento and others.

Toyota, can add good chairs and give a good dash and increase the price by another 60-90 K, which doesnt add any value in my opinion. The existing stuff look a bit cheap, but they are really durable. Thinking........
Yes, Spot on... Even i too felt the same. Its evident that majority of Indians like beige, but i like the dark or the greyed interiors.. I own a Chevy beat D and i am very much comfortable and happy to have the interiors offered in the beat. Same wise I initially thought the Liva had a dull looking light greyed interiors... now they have darkened it a little bit, at least that is what i infer from the Auto Expo last week in Chennai. If the sports limited edition model is offered with airbags at least as optional, right away that will be my option.....
Old 10th October 2012, 19:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Sportivo edition of the Etios Sedan.
Name:  399635_534433699916084_176359217_n.jpg
Views: 3057
Size:  38.4 KB
Old 13th October 2012, 23:26   #54
BHPian

Here are two Sportivos in Liva and Etios form found at Toyota dealership at Calicut. Has to say the cars look stunning with their exterior treatment. And the gun metal finish alloys just steal the show too.But for this price they could have given fog lamps as OEM.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-201210121225.jpg  

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-201210121226.jpg  

urzdeepu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 23:03   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

A Rally version of the Toyota Etios named Waku Doki by TKM, here with the roll over cage and rally goodies. A Liva Waku Doki was also displayed by TKM at the Auto Expo at Nagpur :

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc00996.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc00997.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc00998.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc00999.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc01000.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc01001.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc01002.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc01003.jpg

Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo. EDIT : Now for Etios too!-dsc01004.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 10th March 2013 at 23:04.
Old 11th March 2013, 14:33   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
A Rally version of the Toyota Etios named Waku Doki by TKM, here with the roll over cage and rally goodies. A Liva Waku Doki was also displayed by TKM at the Auto Expo at Nagpur :
This is not a Rally version but a Race track car and Toyota says this will race on the Buddh Circuit. More details soon.
The wheels and plain tyres with no tread are indication enough!
Old 12th March 2013, 21:00   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is not a Rally version but a Race track car and Toyota says this will race on the Buddh Circuit. More details soon.
The wheels and plain tyres with no tread are indication enough!
Some more information I could gather on these variants:

- These are a part of the EMR (Etios Motor Racing) Cars

- These will participate in a single make racing championship platform, during the second half of 2013 at the Buddha International Circuit, Noida, Madras Motor Racetrack, Chennai and Kari Motor Speedway, Coimbatore

- These are Federation Internationale del' Automobile (FIA) qualified and the parts are supplied by Toyota Racing Development (TRD)

- The EMR concept was introduced by Toyota in Delhi during January 2012 and 24 dealership activations for EMR across India, have been made
Old 12th March 2013, 22:12   #58
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : Please continue the Liva 1.5L TRD Sportivo Discussion in Our Official Review (Toyota Liva 1.5L (TRD Sportivo) : Official Review). Thanks

Quote:
Some more information I could gather on these variants:

- These are a part of the EMR (Etios Motor Racing) Cars

- The EMR concept was introduced by Toyota in Delhi during January 2012 and 24 dealership activations for EMR across India, have been made
Anjan, Your a bit late to the party. The Etios motor racing series cars are more than a year old and one season of testing is already over.

2012 season is done including races in Sri Lanka.

One of our members is a driver as well:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ng-series.html (My experience driving the Toyota ETIOS Motor Racing series)

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2013 at 16:14. Reason: Adding link to review
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread