Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th December 2012, 15:39   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Surprise: Honda begins testing the 2013 CR-V in India

Current gen CRV has been removed from the Honda India website. Checkout the URL:http://www.hondacarindia.com. Launch must be close now.
Old 21st December 2012, 06:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I was at the Honda outlet for getting my car serviced and showed interest in the current CRV. But the manager actually asked me to wait till March. He's confident that the CRV is being launched with a diesel engine and that too with an ex-showroom price of 18-20 lakhs for the base version. He says they are no longer getting it via CBU but infact assembling it here which will bring the price down.
Had gone to a local Auto show yesterday. The sales rep was emphatic that the 2013 CRV would be locally assembled. The price, of 18-22 lakhs, that he indicated seemed too optimistic though. Unless they are localising engine & gearbox assembly. And possibly body panels welding. Only then can they get it at a sub 20L pricing due to the recent tax increases on complete engines/gearboxes imports.
Old 21st December 2012, 09:27   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Since we are so sure of getting Amaze in its diesel avatar, will we get the diesel CRV?

Looks more like A Santa Fe
Attached Thumbnails
Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-2013hondacrvheadlight.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 21st December 2012, 10:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

So Honda stylings is going from boring to predictable and boring...
Duster looks much more unique and purposeful compared to all these.

OT: I really wish Hyundai would bring back the previous gen Tucson but I know they won't. And the new generation they have created is stupdly fluidic :-(
Old 21st December 2012, 18:40   #35
BHPian

Who buys Honda cars? a quick look at their customer profile will tell you Hondas are generally owned by Happy go lucky urban, nuclear families. And I believe the styling echoes the same.

May be bit OT. but i loved this silhouette of the Honda Compact "Urban SUV Concept" to be debuted at the 2013 North American International Auto Show.

Original article

Last edited by adityasiera : 21st December 2012 at 18:44.
Old 21st December 2012, 20:19   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Will be launched in February 2013.

Full import, no CKD.

Petrol only, no diesel.
Old 21st December 2012, 21:08   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Petrol only, no diesel.
But what about the Earth Dreams diesel technology? It was said that it would come in three displacements: a 1.5 litre, a 1.6 litre and a 2.2 litre. Everyone is questioning the availability of Diesel in the CR-V and I am sure Honda must have also understood this by now and hence, I consider they will probably launch the CR-V in the 2.2 litre displacement. Petrol might also be introduced but Honda ain't stupid enough to overlook a Diesel for a Diesel-crazy market like India. So, they may (and in all probability) launch the 2.2 i-DTEC first and then petrol!

P.S. Feel free to correct me if any part or piece of info. is wrong. Thank you!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 21st December 2012 at 21:10.
Old 21st December 2012, 21:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Since we are so sure of getting Amaze in its diesel avatar, will we get the diesel CRV?

Looks more like A Santa Fe
The white overhead shot looks a killer. With those Christmas tree lamps and the black insert on the boot, it surely looks stunning.

With Diesel thrown in, sales should be good.
Old 21st December 2012, 21:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
I consider they will probably launch the CR-V in the 2.2 litre displacement. Petrol might also be introduced but Honda ain't stupid enough to overlook a Diesel for a Diesel-crazy market like India. So, they may (and in all probability) launch the 2.2 i-DTEC first and then petrol!
CR-V is definitely not in a high volume segment. If they have not tested the 2.2 i-DTec extensively under Indian conditions, they run a huge risk by launching the 2.2 i-DTec CR-V in February. Any negative feedback about i-DTec in CR-V would directly impact the credibility of the 1.5 i-DTec that they have exclusively designed for India and would be launched in Amaze. It is unlikely that they would bring a Diesel CR-V here till Indians become confident of the 1.5 i-DTec. CR-V is trivial for them compared to what the Brio, Amaze and City together means to Honda in India.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 22:25   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Loved the design and the overhead shot of the white car in the post. The D-Pillar design and the tail lamps look stunning with fully black tints that contrast the white body color.

A 1.6L or a 2.2 L diesel mill will do some good to the sales if priced sensibly by Honda. Not sure why Honda is still skeptical on launching a diesel mill here in-spite BMW, Merc and Audi selling well without an engine problem.
Old 22nd December 2012, 00:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

The Honda's India Website clearly states the upcoming Amaze as the "Honda's first diesel car in India".
I think that it pretty much clarifies the fact that the diesel CR-V isn't launching anytime soon.
Old 15th January 2013, 17:59   #42
BHPian

IAB site reports that, in an interview with Jnaneswar Sen, Senior vice-president, sales and marketing, Honda Cars India, it is confirmed that the all new CR-V will be launched in India in the month of February.
It will be available in petrol variant only.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/2...february-60214
Old 15th January 2013, 19:56   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Petrol variant Honda again.

Add a diesel mill HONDA and sell the petrol too. I don't understand how long are they going to keep saying that the Diesel fuel in India is adulterated and it will harm their engines.

Damn Honda!

Nevertheless I love the car and the design cues it bears!
Old 16th January 2013, 09:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
it is confirmed that the all new CR-V will be launched in India in the month of February.
Hm... by the time Honda come up with the Diesel engine in India, the Diesel prices will be on par with Petrol prices, IMO! All the R&D cost spent, will be a waste!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th January 2013 at 09:16.
Old 16th January 2013, 09:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Hm... by the time Honda come up with the Diesel engine in India, the Diesel prices will be on par with Petrol prices, IMO! All the R&D cost spent, will be a waste!
Exactly my thoughts too, with the planned upping of Rs. 10/- to be undertaken by the Indian govt on diesel this year, i guess Honda would be too late to jump on the diesel bandwagon.

Honda without a doubt rules the roost when it comes to Petrol (IMO), i have always suggested people to go for a honda if petrol is what they are looking for & the looks of the new CR-V are absolutely stunning to say the least. This new launch should have been plonked with a diesel mill to do the duty. Sadly this stunning new vehicle from Honda may well end up being just another launch in this diesel biased Indian auto industry.
Closed Thread