Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


View Poll Results: FE in city with full AC
Aveo 1.4 - 10 kmpl 2 3.70%
Aveo 1.4 - 11 kmpl 0 0%
Aveo 1.4 - 12 kmpl 1 1.85%
Aveo 1.4 - 13 kmpl 0 0%
Aveo 1.4 - 14 kmpl 1 1.85%
Baleno - 8 kmpl 0 0%
Baleno - 9 kmpl 1 1.85%
Baleno - 10 kmpl 7 12.96%
Baleno - 11 kmpl 3 5.56%
Baleno - 12 kmpl 16 29.63%
Fiesta 1.4 petrol - 8 kmpl 0 0%
Fiesta 1.4 petrol - 9 kmpl 0 0%
Fiesta 1.4 petrol - 10 kmpl 1 1.85%
Fiesta 1.4 petrol - 11 kmpl 0 0%
Fiesta 1.4 petrol - 12 kmpl 1 1.85%
NHC - 10 kmpl 2 3.70%
NHC - 11 kmpl 1 1.85%
NHC - 12 kmpl 5 9.26%
NHC - 13 kmpl 7 12.96%
NHC - 14 kmpl 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:00   #31
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 631
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

fiesta 1.6 10-11kmpl with full AC on not even run 800kms so hopefully will get better
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:11   #32
BHPian
 
msprabhakar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 264
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Venkat, My median FE (AC) is 11.7 but I've noticed a progressive improvement from 10.4 during first fill till the most recent one at 13.9 (~5500 Km). I have excluded two values (14.0 and 16.1) obtained while principally using the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

I realise now that the FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype, boy... how glad I feel having narrowly escaped the maya of NHC last year!
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:26   #33
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Venkat, My median FE (AC) is 11.7 but I've noticed a progressive improvement from 10.4 during first fill till the most recent one at 13.9 (~5500 Km). I have excluded two values (14.0 and 16.1) obtained while principally using the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

I realise now that the FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype, boy... how glad I feel having narrowly escaped the maya of NHC last year!
Hey MSP, how close were you to the NHC last year

and why do you say "FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype" ??
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:47   #34
BHPian
 
msprabhakar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 264
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
...how close were you to the NHC last year...
Read my narrow escape and decide...
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
...and why do you say "FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype"...
Do a statistical test of significance between real-life FEs of Baleno and NHC iDSI, and you'll know...
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:42   #35
BHPian
 
Laxminarayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I own a NHC Vtec now for over a month, Have driven for about 1700kms..
City driving with AC - Approximately 13.5kmpl
Highway driving - Haven't taken it yet.. but waiting for one..
City driving using minimum AC (I did it to get to know the figures and difference) - Approximately 14.8 kmpl.
Hope this helps..
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:01   #36
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
I own a NHC Vtec now for over a month, Have driven for about 1700kms..
City driving with AC - Approximately 13.5kmpl
Highway driving - Haven't taken it yet.. but waiting for one..
City driving using minimum AC (I did it to get to know the figures and difference) - Approximately 14.8 kmpl.
Hope this helps..

13.5 kmpl with AC and that too on a VTEC ...... Unbelievable City.....they have used the right phrase to advertise and my baleno is giving me 8 kmpl with AC and Maruti guys have no answer/solution to it.
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:28   #37
BHPian
 
Laxminarayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
13.5 kmpl with AC and that too on a VTEC ...... Unbelievable City.....they have used the right phrase to advertise and my baleno is giving me 8 kmpl with AC and Maruti guys have no answer/solution to it.
Hmmm... well, there seem to be another thread where BALENO was giving something like 15.75kmpl.. perhaps you should check out..
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:34   #38
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Hmmm... well, there seem to be another thread where BALENO was giving something like 15.75kmpl.. perhaps you should check out..
that thread doesn't help, when others are getting 15 i am not even getting 8, howz it possble.........maruti guys claim 12 kmpl in bangalore city with AC, when i reported my problem they still repeat those same statement.

But the problem is why is my car giving 8 kmpl? i have written mails to jk@maruti.co.in and jagdish.khattar@maruti.co.in and haven't heard from him.

Lets see how promptly will they reply and solve the problem as claimed by their ads. "Write to me"....says the CEO.
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:50   #39
BHPian
 
Laxminarayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hey venkat, not sure you would get any reply though.. I did the same in my case.. directly put the questions and clarifications into honda website and I was immediately called up (in a day) by the local honda dealer about the questions and later on had got another call from the honda customer support itself asking if I was satisfied with the solutions... hope maruti guys follow it up with you.. all the best..
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:54   #40
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Hey venkat, not sure you would get any reply though.. I did the same in my case.. directly put the questions and clarifications into honda website and I was immediately called up (in a day) by the local honda dealer about the questions and later on had got another call from the honda customer support itself asking if I was satisfied with the solutions... hope maruti guys follow it up with you.. all the best..
I do hope that maruti guys will repond and fix this FE problem and get my car to give 12 kmpl with AC as their salesman claimed and like other baleno-owners have reported in this poll.

Else i will have to buy a REVA for city driving and use baleno for highway driving only.

BTW, if the car manufacturer claims certain FE and the car doesn't give in reality. Can a buyer go to the consumer-court?

Last edited by venkatrx : 22nd April 2006 at 14:55.
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:58   #41
BHPian
 
Laxminarayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
I do hope that maruti guys will repond and fix this FE problem and get my car to give 12 kmpl with AC as their salesman claimed and like other baleno-owners have reported in this poll.

Else i will have to buy a REVA for city driving and use baleno for highway driving only.

BTW, if the car manufacturer claims certain FE and the car doesn't give in reality. Can a buyer go to the consumer-court?
Venkat, to speak out frankly, these manufacturers will never claim any FE for a vehicle, as you could see in the ads, the FE figures will be provided with a * and that would indicate that it was the figure given by some magazines and not the company itself..
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:02   #42
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Venkat, to speak out frankly, these manufacturers will never claim any FE for a vehicle, as you could see in the ads, the FE figures will be provided with a * and that would indicate that it was the figure given by some magazines and not the company itself..
This is outrageous !!

You mean even if the car gives 8 kmpl v/s the promised 12 kmpl which would actually mean that my fuel bill go up by 50% and i can't take them to court

If thats true, then we should be able to post an ad in the newspaper that 'maruti-baleno' is giving me 8 kmpl in city......so dont buy a baleno. I think an ad can be posted by spending about 10k.....
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:06   #43
BHPian
 
Laxminarayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
This is outrageous !!

You mean even if the car gives 8 kmpl v/s the promised 12 kmpl which would actually mean that my fuel bill go up by 50% and i can't take them to court

If thats true, then we should be able to post an ad in the newspaper that 'maruti-baleno' is giving me 8 kmpl in city......so dont buy a baleno. I think an ad can be posted by spending about 10k.....
Sorry venkat, Perpahs some one who's more into any of these legal matters, or any of them who have gone with complaints can throw some light on this..
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:19   #44
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Do a statistical test of significance between real-life FEs of Baleno and NHC iDSI, and you'll know...
And how exactly does one do that ????

The one test for which we have results is this poll. So far, most NHC owners are getting around 13 kmpl (including some vtec owners too). While most baleno owners are getting around 11-12 kmpl.

Is this 10% difference also a hype ?
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:37   #45
BHPian
 
venkatrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 453
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Sorry venkat, Perpahs some one who's more into any of these legal matters, or any of them who have gone with complaints can throw some light on this..
No hope guys, RudraSen has confirmed that we cannot go to the court for low FE

I am sure that we can do some thing else to return the favour in kind to the manufacturer
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Definitive comparision: Punto 1.3 MJD VS I 20 1.4 CRDi VS Ritz 1.3 DDiS sidindica Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 180 5th April 2010 11:16
Navratna:The definitive comparision of B segment petrol hatchbacks (1.2, 1.3, 1.4) sidindica Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 109 22nd September 2009 23:08
The Definitive discussion. Is a Skoda more expensive to own than the rest? carboy The Indian Car Scene 165 18th September 2009 13:18
NHC Variants vs. SX4 - A definitive Comparison sids911 The Indian Car Scene 169 19th May 2008 19:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks