NHC - 10 kmpl 2 3.70%
NHC - 11 kmpl 1 1.85%
NHC - 12 kmpl 5 9.26%
NHC - 13 kmpl 7 12.96%
NHC - 14 kmpl 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd April 2006, 11:00   #31
BHPian

fiesta 1.6 10-11kmpl with full AC on not even run 800kms so hopefully will get better
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:11   #32
BHPian

Venkat, My median FE (AC) is 11.7 but I've noticed a progressive improvement from 10.4 during first fill till the most recent one at 13.9 (~5500 Km). I have excluded two values (14.0 and 16.1) obtained while principally using the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

I realise now that the FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype, boy... how glad I feel having narrowly escaped the maya of NHC last year!
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Venkat, My median FE (AC) is 11.7 but I've noticed a progressive improvement from 10.4 during first fill till the most recent one at 13.9 (~5500 Km). I have excluded two values (14.0 and 16.1) obtained while principally using the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

I realise now that the FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype, boy... how glad I feel having narrowly escaped the maya of NHC last year!
Hey MSP, how close were you to the NHC last year

and why do you say "FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype" ??
venkatrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
...how close were you to the NHC last year...
Read my narrow escape and decide...
Quote:
...and why do you say "FE halo around iDSI is mostly hype"...
Do a statistical test of significance between real-life FEs of Baleno and NHC iDSI, and you'll know...
msprabhakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 13:42   #35
BHPian

I own a NHC Vtec now for over a month, Have driven for about 1700kms..
City driving with AC - Approximately 13.5kmpl
Highway driving - Haven't taken it yet.. but waiting for one..
City driving using minimum AC (I did it to get to know the figures and difference) - Approximately 14.8 kmpl.
Hope this helps..
Laxminarayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
I own a NHC Vtec now for over a month, Have driven for about 1700kms..
City driving with AC - Approximately 13.5kmpl
Highway driving - Haven't taken it yet.. but waiting for one..
City driving using minimum AC (I did it to get to know the figures and difference) - Approximately 14.8 kmpl.
Hope this helps..

13.5 kmpl with AC and that too on a VTEC ...... Unbelievable City.....they have used the right phrase to advertise and my baleno is giving me 8 kmpl with AC and Maruti guys have no answer/solution to it.
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
13.5 kmpl with AC and that too on a VTEC ...... Unbelievable City.....they have used the right phrase to advertise and my baleno is giving me 8 kmpl with AC and Maruti guys have no answer/solution to it.
Hmmm... well, there seem to be another thread where BALENO was giving something like 15.75kmpl.. perhaps you should check out..
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm... well, there seem to be another thread where BALENO was giving something like 15.75kmpl.. perhaps you should check out..
that thread doesn't help, when others are getting 15 i am not even getting 8, howz it possble.........maruti guys claim 12 kmpl in bangalore city with AC, when i reported my problem they still repeat those same statement.

But the problem is why is my car giving 8 kmpl? i have written mails to jk@maruti.co.in and jagdish.khattar@maruti.co.in and haven't heard from him.

Lets see how promptly will they reply and solve the problem as claimed by their ads. "Write to me"....says the CEO.
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:50   #39
BHPian

Hey venkat, not sure you would get any reply though.. I did the same in my case.. directly put the questions and clarifications into honda website and I was immediately called up (in a day) by the local honda dealer about the questions and later on had got another call from the honda customer support itself asking if I was satisfied with the solutions... hope maruti guys follow it up with you.. all the best..
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hey venkat, not sure you would get any reply though.. I did the same in my case.. directly put the questions and clarifications into honda website and I was immediately called up (in a day) by the local honda dealer about the questions and later on had got another call from the honda customer support itself asking if I was satisfied with the solutions... hope maruti guys follow it up with you.. all the best..
I do hope that maruti guys will repond and fix this FE problem and get my car to give 12 kmpl with AC as their salesman claimed and like other baleno-owners have reported in this poll.

Else i will have to buy a REVA for city driving and use baleno for highway driving only.

BTW, if the car manufacturer claims certain FE and the car doesn't give in reality. Can a buyer go to the consumer-court?

Last edited by venkatrx : 22nd April 2006 at 14:55.
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I do hope that maruti guys will repond and fix this FE problem and get my car to give 12 kmpl with AC as their salesman claimed and like other baleno-owners have reported in this poll.

Else i will have to buy a REVA for city driving and use baleno for highway driving only.

BTW, if the car manufacturer claims certain FE and the car doesn't give in reality. Can a buyer go to the consumer-court?
Venkat, to speak out frankly, these manufacturers will never claim any FE for a vehicle, as you could see in the ads, the FE figures will be provided with a * and that would indicate that it was the figure given by some magazines and not the company itself..
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Venkat, to speak out frankly, these manufacturers will never claim any FE for a vehicle, as you could see in the ads, the FE figures will be provided with a * and that would indicate that it was the figure given by some magazines and not the company itself..
This is outrageous !!

You mean even if the car gives 8 kmpl v/s the promised 12 kmpl which would actually mean that my fuel bill go up by 50% and i can't take them to court

If thats true, then we should be able to post an ad in the newspaper that 'maruti-baleno' is giving me 8 kmpl in city......so dont buy a baleno. I think an ad can be posted by spending about 10k.....
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
This is outrageous !!

You mean even if the car gives 8 kmpl v/s the promised 12 kmpl which would actually mean that my fuel bill go up by 50% and i can't take them to court

If thats true, then we should be able to post an ad in the newspaper that 'maruti-baleno' is giving me 8 kmpl in city......so dont buy a baleno. I think an ad can be posted by spending about 10k.....
Sorry venkat, Perpahs some one who's more into any of these legal matters, or any of them who have gone with complaints can throw some light on this..
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:19   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Do a statistical test of significance between real-life FEs of Baleno and NHC iDSI, and you'll know...
And how exactly does one do that ????

The one test for which we have results is this poll. So far, most NHC owners are getting around 13 kmpl (including some vtec owners too). While most baleno owners are getting around 11-12 kmpl.

Is this 10% difference also a hype ?
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:37   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry venkat, Perpahs some one who's more into any of these legal matters, or any of them who have gone with complaints can throw some light on this..
No hope guys, RudraSen has confirmed that we cannot go to the court for low FE

I am sure that we can do some thing else to return the favour in kind to the manufacturer