Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:22   #61
Team-BHP Support
Default Re: Rumour: Fortuner to get 2.5 D-4D in India

Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The word practicality is important here. The purpose of buying the Innova is purely to juggle people and there luggage around in comfort. It was never marketed as a driver's car or fun to drive car. It is just a van that is has great low end torque to climb most roads and keep its occupants in relative comfort. Hence why would Toyota bump up the engine for those very very few/handful of people who want a more enriching experience on the driver's seat too. Yes an AT is very much needed in this car. But I have always felt they should rather offer it with the G variant so that the car still costs within the same range as the top end V variant.
The Innova's low end torque is unquestionable. What I was saying was with regard to Innova's achilles heel. It's a horrible highway cruiser with short ratios and is best at 100-110kmph. Beyond that the engine sounds as if it's extremely busy and a lot of NVH entering the cabin.

They need to bump up the power, add an AT and fix the gear ratios for overdrive to make it complete.

The AT will pull a massive segment of buyers who want the ease of automatic with the practicality.
Old 10th November 2014, 07:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened to the 3.0L 4X4 Fortuner Automatic? I thought that the company was supposed to launch it in October. Automatic 4X4 would be an extremely good option. A go anywhere vehicle with ease of the automatic for stress free drives!

Although would have loved a full blown Pajero Sport Auto 4X4 though they say only a 4X2 is coming through.

The best 4X4 Auto in my books is the Montero AT. But the hopeless situation at HM and added to it the skyrocketed prices of the Montero at 50+ Ex showroom is a complete downer! Yes its still available on order. That's what the dealer here says.
Old 9th January 2015, 22:42   #63

The Fortuner 2.5L is here.

What is interesting is this: "The Fortuner 2.5L, features the same 2494cc turbo-diesel engine thatís been on use on the Innova. However, power and torque figures are significantly higher on the Fortuner 2.5L. In its application on the Fortuner, the engine makes 142bhp at 3400rpm and 34.9kgm of torque between 1600-2800rpm. Toyota will offer it with an optional five-speed automatic transmission."

Now how can I get that drive-train into my Innova?
Closed Thread