Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 29th November 2012, 16:20   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz facelift launched, also introducing ZDi variant

You know, I was really expecting Maruti would shift the rear number plate down to the bumper. i mean, the 'new' 800s (couple of times actually, lost track how many times they shifted it back and forth), Zens, wagon Rs and even the Swift had this 'new' design changes..why not the Ritz?

Maruti is getting really lazy I tell you.

But on a serious note, the interiors could have been changed. a MID in today's market is expected. though I love the separate analogue tacho, the display could offer extras like full to empty or current mileage at least.
Another grouse i have is regarding storage space in and around the driver seat....I read they have some intelligent space now, but the interior arrangement looks the same to me!! what have they added extra?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th November 2012 at 17:39. Reason: merging post
Old 29th November 2012, 16:38   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a few facelifted Ritz here in Hyderabad. I am happy that I bought the Ritz before this facelift. It LOOKS BAD!

The front end looks like it is going to drop off any moment from the car. Good news is the ZDi variant with the needed safety features that I miss in my VDi!

Wish I could exchange my present for the new Ritz with the old front end in ZDi variant.

Anurag.
Old 30th July 2015, 08:37   #108

I am planning to buy a new hatch now..
Exchanging my Alto 800 with new Hatch.
I already have a Polo TDI, hence not planning for a premium hatch again.
Short listed Ritz ZDI and Swift VDI (both cars at same price, Ritz is little to the lower side in pricing).

After TD, I find that driving Ritz is more relaxed, front seat support is superb specially under thigh support, but rear is not so.
In Swift, front seats are good, (not to the extend of Ritz), but under thigh support is less. rear seats are better compared to Ritz.

For me Ritz feels to be a good car in terms of space and comfort. but not sure about resale value and maintenance. Also i understand from internet sources that Maruti is stopping production of Ritz.

Can any one suggest me which is the best. I am really confused and need to make a decision immediately.

Mithun.
Old 30th July 2015, 09:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun_k_g View Post
Also i understand from internet sources that Maruti is stopping production of Ritz..
This is interesting. Can you please put your source of this news as well.

Regarding the seats: The front seats are good. So, if you are the primary owner or if you have aging parents, then the seats are good. You can 'walk' into the ritz. It is also comfortable for long distance touring. I had driven over 600 kms in a day and walked out with minimal discomfort.

hope this helps.

Regards,
govigov
Old 30th July 2015, 09:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I
Can any one suggest me which is the best. I am really confused and need to make a decision immediately.

Mithun.
As you have correctly stated, Ritz is off production now.
Stick to the Swift VDi as it is a high selling model and will also give you a much better resale whenever you happen to part with it.

Also, the interiors are a lot better that the Ritz.
Old 30th July 2015, 10:42   #111
BHPian

Quote:
After TD, I find that driving Ritz is more relaxed, front seat support is superb specially under thigh support, but rear is not so.
Also i understand from internet sources that Maruti is stopping production of Ritz.

Mithun.
If you like the Ritz, go for it. You can negotiate hard for a great price now, and it being a Maruti, you don't have to worry about spares and support for the next decade and more. The ZDi with airbags. rear wash+wiper, and ABS (complementing the excellent brakes on the Ritz which are better than the swift) is the safe and sensible option.

If you plan to sell the car within 3 years OTOH, the Swift will be better from the resale value perspective.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd August 2015 at 23:39. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 11:44   #112
BHPian

Quote:

I already have a Polo TDI,
Short listed Ritz ZDI and Swift VDI (both cars at same price, Ritz is little to the lower side in pricing).
There are only 3 areas where the Swift outshines the Ritz:

1) Fun To Drive factor - Though both the cars share the same engine+gearbox but the Ritz has a slight body role due to which it feels less fun around the twists. Swift has more superior driving dynamics.

2) Re-sale value - Not that the Ritz is far behind. It also holds good re-sale value, but slightly less than the similar vintage Swift.

3) Automatic Climate Control, Bluetooth, Auto folding mirrors - Ritz lack these features but the first two is only available on the top end Swift.

This is it, since you have a Polo already, I think you should seriously consider the Ritz.

Maintenance wise both are similar. Even if Maruti stops Ritz production, there'll be no scarcity of parts for next 12-14 years at least.

Most importantly, for the price of Swift VDI, you are getting fully loaded ZDI which has twin airbags, rear wash and wipe with rear defogger, steering mounted audio controls, bigger 185mm 15 inch Tyre with 5 alloys.

These things are enough to ditch the Swift. You could also bargain hard and squeeze in some more discounts on Ritz.

Ritz is a great car. As rightly put by many, it's the more practical Swift.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 11:56   #113
BHPian

Quote:
I already have a Polo TDI, hence not planning for a premium hatch again.
I am not answering your query directly but just curious why restrict the choices to these two cars only. I think at least consider Grand i10. Would it not be better to get a current car than a soon to be discontinued one (which might affect resale as well)

Only place where you would miss out is the dynamics and highway performance of the engine.

But if other brands are out of question, I would still suggest the Swift unless you get a great deal on Ritz - more due to depreciation than anything else.
Old 30th July 2015, 12:09   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Ritz is a great car. As rightly put by many, it's the more practical Swift.
Yes. But once Ritz is discontinued, we will have the YRA as a practical alternative for Swift, better-looking than Ritz.
Old 30th July 2015, 12:20   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But once Ritz is discontinued, we will have the YRA as a practical alternative for Swift, better-looking than Ritz.
Yes but mithun_k_g is planning to buy a car Now. And also YRA will be placed a segment higher than the Swift.

The rear and side profile is definitely better looking in YRA but I don't think I'll be able to digest those front looks ever.
Old 30th July 2015, 14:08   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
This is interesting. Can you please put your source of this news as well.
Hi govigov, Thanks for the suggestion. my major use is on the highways and most of the time with parents.
Please check the below link for the details, I am not sure how true is this.
http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/07/car...ction-stopped/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
If you like the Ritz, go for it. You can negotiate hard for a great price now, and it being a Maruti, you don't have to worry about spares and support for the next decade and more.
If you plan to sell the car within 3 years OTOH, the Swift will be better from the resale value perspective.
hi chncar, Thanks for the suggestions, No plans to sell it in the near future, expecting to use it for minimum of 5-6 years of time.
I am getting INR 55,000/- including exchange and consumer offer + INR 10000/- worth accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
There are only 3 areas where the Swift outshines the Ritz:
Hi Sherlocked, Thanks for your suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
I am not answering your query directly but just curious why restrict the choices to these two cars only. I think at least consider Grand i10. Would it not be better to get a current car than a soon to be discontinued one (which might affect resale as well)
Hi vivekz, I am not looking for other brands as I think it is better to go for Maruti considering low maintenance and resale value. More over I felt seat comfort in Ritz is suiting both me and my wife than other cars. Only in Tata Vista I could find seating which is close to this, but personally i am not for TATA. Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd August 2015 at 23:41. Reason: Please quote selectively as large quoted posts cause inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 22:44   #117

Finally booked Ritz ZDI on last Friday.. dealer confirmed delivery by Thursday this week.
Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.
mithun_k_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 11:35   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Finally booked Ritz ZDI on last Friday.. dealer confirmed delivery by Thursday this week.
Congrats, I have been using a VDi last 4 years. Can assure you, you are going to enjoy the hassle free ownership experience and practically zero maintenance cost, except apart from that of regular servicing intervals.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 4th August 2015 at 11:36.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 14:07   #119
BHPian

Smile Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz facelift launched, also introducing ZDi variant

Quote:
Congrats for your new purchase. I support your decision as you would be making highway drives and twin airbags (touchwood not to be used anytime) would assure you peace of mind.
Happy km munching ahead

Thanks
Subhojit
subhojitb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 16:05   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Congrats, I have been using a VDi last 4 years. Can assure you, you are going to enjoy the hassle free ownership experience and practically zero maintenance cost, except apart from that of regular servicing intervals.
TaurusAl, Thank you. Would you suggest opting for extended warranty for Ritz Diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhojitb View Post
Congrats for your new purchase. I support your decision as you would be making highway drives and twin airbags (touchwood not to be used anytime) would assure you peace of mind.
Happy km munching ahead

Thanks
Subhojit
Subhojit, Thank you very much.
Closed Thread